Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Nah I get it, and it's a reasonable train of thought.

But if we're going to take that risk, I'd want it to be a player that's already a gun, or young enough that the club predict they can turn him into a star in short order.

With our retirements, it's only going to take a bit of bad luck (ala 2023) and that 2025 pick could be top 10.

We're going to want something a bit better than a Noble type, who we could find with pick 80 in the draft with our track record.

If there was a target worth chasing with our future first, we probably wouldn't be looking at Smith

I wonder how thorough the AFL can audit things tho

Take any player who is on the market , a wealthy third party says you join this particular club i will pay out your father in laws 500k mortgage on his house , how in hell would the AFL be able to pick that up
It's so easy to find it's not funny.

When I was mortgage broking it happened often where I'd say 'wheres the statements on this hidden account?'
"What account?"

I'd point out how I could see where there was another account and the line went 'clunk'. Every single time.

An auditor would find it in no time.
And why would you risk your career to support another person? Madness.

Dan Houston wants to get to Victoria,” Twomey told AFL.com.au’s Gettable.

“There’s been four clubs chasing him the hardest – Carlton, Collingwood, St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs.

“He’s met with all four of those clubs, he met with them a couple of weeks ago on the same day.

🤔

3-way trade with:
  • Houston to Bulldogs
  • Smith to Geelong
  • First round pick from us & maybe something from the Bulldogs to Port?

How about Jordan Clark/Clarke and Jhye Clark/Clarke

That’s always a funny one since both have the same spelling last name but it always seems to be an issue lol
Don't forget Mullins

Bruhn, Knevitt and Clark have not shown enough to suggest they will be anything other than B Graders.
So the level Macrae is now except they are younger have room for growth and don't have a large 3 year contract attached.

We aren't getting an A grade mid as well as Smith this year so better to use the draft capital on other things.

I wonder how thorough the AFL can audit things tho

Take any player who is on the market , a wealthy third party says you join this particular club i will pay out your father in laws 500k mortgage on his house , how in hell would the AFL be able to pick that up
Would leave a paper trail

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of what’s if’s on the Bailey Smith stuff as was to be expected.

Probably worth pointing out our coaches comments that “we have a few balls in the air” as well as commentary in the media suggesting Geelong will be active. Active is not getting one deal done. Active is a few moving off the list via retirements / delistings, and then trading / drafting a few in.

If our first goes on Smith + we’re aware of 2-3 retirements + a few out of contract / delisted……. It’s fair to say that there’s other players we’re targeting. By quick calculations there’s perhaps 6-7 spots open up on our list. Smith is one that fills a spot - perhaps draft 3-4 in - so I think there’s still 1-2 players we think we’re trading in

Just my observation

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Probably worth pointing out our coaches comments that “we have a few balls in the air” as well as commentary in the media suggesting Geelong will be active. Active is not getting one deal done. Active is a few moving off the list via retirements / delistings, and then trading / drafting a few in.

If our first goes on Smith + we’re aware of 2-3 retirements + a few out of contract / delisted……. It’s fair to say that there’s other players we’re targeting. By quick calculations there’s perhaps 6-7 spots open up on our list. Smith is one that fills a spot - perhaps draft 3-4 in - so I think there’s still 1-2 players we think we’re trading in

Just my observation

I think we end up losing around 8-10 players with retirements, de-listings, and players moving on

So Smith + 3-4 draftees would mean a couple more trade ins, delisted FA or preseason pickups pickups

Bruhn, Knevitt and Clark have not shown enough to suggest they will be anything other than B Graders.
Agreed.
But in saying that there is nothing wrong with being a B grader.
The club has to have a sprinkling of A B and C graders... what we want to avoid is having a few D graders in the side.

I think Bruhn is showing plenty. I cant imagine him being dropped over the next 5 years.
Clark is showing enough for me at AFL level to keep watching development.
Knevitt I have my doubts. But I dont watch VFL.

But I'm all for not putting roadblocks in front of them until the decision is made that there's no point continuing on.

Just my observation

First time ever, I've seen the Cats say "not interested"...

I think Bruhn is showing plenty. I cant imagine him being dropped over the next 5 years.
Clark is showing enough for me at AFL level to keep watching development.
Knevitt I have my doubts. But I dont watch VFL.

But I'm all for not putting roadblocks in front of them until the decision is made that there's no point continuing on.
Knevitt did a lot more than Clark in the last VFL final.... 38 touches, 10 tackles, 5 marks

Did Bailey Smith put a pic on his Instagram with a Pies jersey and then took it down?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back