Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

When looking at potential B22 next year I find it hard to get Macrae in unless we take Bruhn or Atkins out of the team.

The issue isn't Smith coming in... It's Smith + Guthrie.

That is 2 guys straight into the midfield and I don't see any mids retiring.
We're at a point though where we can't count on Guthrie to play at all, and we can't count on Danger playing 15+ games.

It's been said ad nauseam over the last 3 years in the pre-season that we're going to struggle to fit all the quality we have into the 23 on paper, and it never ends up happening that way.

Injuries, suspension, & form slumps will happen. It's naive to think otherwise.

I'm not 100% on Macrae, and he can only play one role in our side...but if the club want to bring him in, he (or the players around him) will get their shot eventually.

Did Bailey Smith put a pic on his Instagram with a Pies jersey and then took it down?
Good luck to him if he did, if that was the case and he was going to the pies he would have mentioned it by now i would have thought. I get the feeling Bailey is trolling everyone with his cat pics etc.

Didn't see it myself, but a friend swears they saw it too......

Jumping Jack .......still confident?

Interestingly, doing a search for him online I can't see that image and one would think that someone got a screenshot of it

We're at a point though where we can't count on Guthrie to play at all, and we can't count on Danger playing 15+ games.

It's been said ad nauseam over the last 3 years in the pre-season that we're going to struggle to fit all the quality we have into the 23 on paper, and it never ends up happening that way.

Injuries, suspension, & form slumps will happen. It's naive to think otherwise.

I'm not 100% on Macrae, and he can only play one role in our side...but if the club want to bring him in, he (or the players around him) will get their shot eventually.
I don't think Macrae would be keen on coming to us if he is only getting a game if we have injuries.

That's basically the same situation that he's in now at the Doggies.

I'd happily take him if it saved us our R1 in the Smith trade though.

I think Bruhn is showing plenty. I cant imagine him being dropped over the next 5 years.
Clark is showing enough for me at AFL level to keep watching development.
Knevitt I have my doubts. But I dont watch VFL.

But I'm all for not putting roadblocks in front of them until the decision is made that there's no point continuing on.
He's not projecting as a A Grader or match winner. More a strong support piece which every midfield needs. We lack potential stars outside of Holmes and an aging Dangerfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on a sec, let's put aside even the stuff we read in here and the Bellbrae rumours.

After Morris, Barrett, Clark, Twomey, Ralph, & Cleary have all declared it's either certainly Geelong - or almost certainly Geelong - we're worried about an instagram post that we don't even know exists, that even if it did, doesn't prove anything?

Come on guys, we're better than this (well, at least I hope we are).

It'll happen, it's just a question of how much now.

He's not projecting as a A Grader or match winner. More a strong support piece which every midfield needs. We lack potential stars outside of Holmes and an aging Dangerfield
Which is why we're getting Smith

You're panicking like we need to build it all in one off-season. We don't. It'll be progressive over the course of a few years like it always is.

In 2025 it'll be a combination of Smith, Holmes, Bruhn, Dangerfield, Stewart, Bowes, Dempsey, & Atkins.

Clark, Knevitt, & Clohesy will get their shot as the side is managed, or injuries arise.

If a few of those youngsters come on next year and that's enough to win us another flag or two over the next era, then that's awesome.

If not, we'll cross that bridge when we get there and likely throw our hat in the ring for a Brayshaw, LDU, Butters, or eventually, Reid, over the coming years.

It's a build mate. It doesn't have to be - and never will be - finished all at once.

At the end of the day Smith is a very good player

If we land him I'd be very happy yet if we miss out on him the sky won't fall down either...

But whats his best position , i read somewhere , maybe the Bulldogs board , that his best position is the wing

As an opposition supporter to be honest ive watched very little of him so ive got no informed view

Interesting on the Bulldogs board , a couple of their posters did say he absolutely butchers the ball by foot

McRae will help us 100%
Dangerfield isn't getting any younger, he will probably part time mid next year and part time forward.
Guthrie could be a real option playing as a small defender as once again his not getting any younger.
Plus he started his career starting in defence..
You only need 1 major injury to Bruhn or Dangerfield and we are looking at McRae to step in..
He will help us easily and will be good for us..

But honestly is McRae wants to go to St Kilda it's a backwards move for him. Yes St Kilda beat us few rounds ago. But we are a destination club and really well organised club on and off the field..
St Kilda doesn't have have a stable bosses to run the club like we have the last 20 years

Exactly the comments constantly wheeled out during 2006 and that aged well

Time will tell and only time will be correct.

Shit i'd do that, everybody wins right?

Resume wise, surely Houston is worth more than Smith

And with reports suggesting that Port want 2 x first round picks for Houston, it's why I suggested something else common from the Bulldogs to them, though it may require some compromise from Port on the 2 first round picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back