Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

But whats his best position , i read somewhere , maybe the Bulldogs board , that his best position is the wing

As an opposition supporter to be honest ive watched very little of him so ive got no informed view

Interesting on the Bulldogs board , a couple of their posters did say he absolutely butchers the ball by foot
he's shown ability in the midfield but has had limited opportunities there
If we got him in we'd find a spot for him that's for sure

Hang on a sec, let's put aside even the stuff we read in here and the Bellbrae rumours.

After Morris, Barrett, Clark, Twomey, Ralph, & Cleary have all declared it's either certainly Geelong - or almost certainly Geelong - we're worried about an instagram post that we don't even know exists, that even if it did, doesn't prove anything?

Come on guys, we're better than this (well, at least I hope we are).

It'll happen, it's just a question of how much now.
sus-whos-sus-not-me.gif

They're betting a lot that there will be a large increase in the next rights deal.

Wouldn't it be a shame if gambling advertisement goes the way of cigarette advertisement
If I've learned anything about Australian governance post 2010 it's to always bet against change that doesn't favour the money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we end up losing around 8-10 players with retirements, de-listings, and players moving on

So Smith + 3-4 draftees would mean a couple more trade ins, delisted FA or preseason pickups pickups

I've seen Jayden Laverde as name thrown in with Cats mentioned. Jumping Jack have you seen/heard anything on it?
I'm not his biggest fan but i'm also not a recruiter/Cats front office member so my opinion on him means diddly squat

The discussion was in the context of the midfield.

Do you think Bruhn is projecting to be a star? A B Grader is still a good player
kinda depends on what you consider to be a star

For a 22 year old inside mid l think he is projecting well
A potential league top 10 inside mid maybe/maybe not

Oliver was a star not so anymore may become a star again but no one knows

Tim Kelly wasn’t even on a list but then was given an opportunity and a lot would have called him a star
is he still??? Debatable

Look back at the cats
James Kelly looked like the best of the young mids early but in most people’s eyes was passed by Jimmy and obviously GAZ

Time will tell

Out of 100%... how confident Smith is coming to Geelong
Evening all I rarely post but I read the comments and enjoy the input. At the risk of amusing Gee Class Loco I can say from what I’ve heard we should be supremely confident about Bailey Smith. In my world I heard the property settled south of Geelong last month. The deal started 18 months ago when the coach was asked.

Also as I find it amusing that Jake Stringer is shopping himself around again. I may have heard that when we went for him he chose Essendon because a couple of things. They offered him 50k more per year but the thing two things that swayed him was playing with Joe Daniher and his bonus of 150k if he finished in the top five of their b@f. He skipped the crunch meeting with two of our players at a Williamstown cafe when the crunch came.

While I’m at it as silly as it sounds I also may have heard that the demons enquired about Andrew Brayshaw with the obvious link but were told if he was to move that we were more than a strong chance. I’m not as solid on this one but may well find out a little more on Friday night. I’ll leave you all be to chat away, thanks again I thoroughly enjoy the content….go cats.

I've seen Jayden Laverde as name thrown in with Cats mentioned. Jumping Jack have you seen/heard anything on it?
I'm not his biggest fan but i'm also not a recruiter/Cats front office member so my opinion on him means diddly squat
We don't need his type of player all this is is his manager trying to get a better contract by linking him to us.

He does not replace anyone in our team.

The discussion was in the context of the midfield.

Do you think Bruhn is projecting to be a star? A B Grader is still a good player

Where would Joel Corey sit on your scale?

Bruhn's progression looks pretty similar to Corey as a genuine inside mid who finished 9th in our B&F in his 4th season when we were terrible in 2003. Without injuries Bruhn would've pushed the top 10 in a much better team.

I don't see any reason why Bruhn couldn't win a B&F in a couple of years (Corey did in his 6th season) or be an AA midfielder in time. He's a pretty complete footballer with his attack on the footy, 2-way work ethic and elite foot skills.

We don't need his type of player all this is is his manager trying to get a better contract by linking him to us.

He does not replace anyone in our team.

Yeah basically my opinion on it below.

Exactly, is this just another Waterman situation to pump up his value/dollars or is it genuine interest? I was shocked to hear it. Doesn't seem like our type of player.

Dogs fans now parroting, "Once we get two First Round Picks for Smith, we'll give them to Port for Houston"

They're adamant they are getting two firsts :tearsofjoy:

Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

Evening all I rarely post but I read the comments and enjoy the input. At the risk of amusing Gee Class Loco I can say from what I’ve heard we should be supremely confident about Bailey Smith. In my world I heard the property settled south of Geelong last month. The deal started 18 months ago when the coach was asked.

Also as I find it amusing that Jake Stringer is shopping himself around again. I may have heard that when we went for him he chose Essendon because a couple of things. They offered him 50k more per year but the thing two things that swayed him was playing with Joe Daniher and his bonus of 150k if he finished in the top five of their b@f. He skipped the crunch meeting with two of our players at a Williamstown cafe when the crunch came.

While I’m at it as silly as it sounds I also may have heard that the demons enquired about Andrew Brayshaw with the obvious link but were told if he was to move that we were more than a strong chance. I’m not as solid on this one but may well find out a little more on Friday night. I’ll leave you all be to chat away, thanks again I thoroughly enjoy the content….go cats.
Is your name Andrew?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back