Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

I have admit i am loving the supposed neutrals collectively losing minds at the thought of us getting Smith for anything less than 2 firsts.

For example it is truly amazing how many Richmond supporters are screaming about it compared to Dogs supporters for example.
On output it should be similar to what Richmond paid for Hopper.

A future 1st rounder and pick 31 got Hopper and picks 53 & 63

I think all parties would be happy with something like that.

On output it should be similar to what Richmond paid for Hopper.

A future 1st rounder and pick 31 got Hopper and picks 53 & 63

I think all parties would be happy with something like that.
Agreed our first this year plus a future second should be about right with some other pick swaps as needed

Agreed our first this year plus a future second should be about right with some other pick swaps as needed
Sounds about right but regardless Gung: and I do say this 'every year', that when a player makes known that Geelong is his destination club and Geelong privately behind the scenes have committed to him, then the Cats hierarchy will get the job done. They have a proven 100% record regardless of what discussion may be spoken about pics and the exchange of pics. So the real question is, will Smith nominate Geelong and are Geelong committed to him and from all normal reliable sources, it appears to be so..... and if so, then Smith WILL be a Geelong player. GO CATS !!!

And also said Geelong meet with Jack Martin not saying he is coming but they did have a meeting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6x750,000k a year that’s 4.5 million all together that’s a cheap contract for someone of smith’s calibre you guys have done well
On the open market I'd say yes, keeping inline with Geelong's pay structure I'd say it's about right. It's believed Holmes got 4 years at $800,000 with an option for 2 year extension. Stengle got 5 for about the same. Going back to Bailey's 2021 finals form, you could argue he deserves more but that was 3 years ago.
We don't pay anyone above our pay structure to avoid upsetting the apple cart.

Technically he had to pay for the pub so $4,499,999.00 before you start counting the losses the pub makes
Oh ok, thought we may have left a coin down the back of his couch when we sat down with him last year.

I have admit i am loving the supposed neutrals collectively losing minds at the thought of us getting Smith for anything less than 2 firsts.

For example it is truly amazing how many Richmond supporters are screaming about it compared to Dogs supporters for example.
Every year any trade thread linked to Geelong is littered with Richmond supporters. Sad bunch.

Every year any trade thread linked to Geelong is littered with Richmond supporters. Sad bunch.

Seems applicable to post this when mentions of the Geelong Mafia from Tiggies supporters start going full Cooker about the Corrupt Football League... STPer18 can fill you in as he has an in with those Hooped Criminals

I believe it's because of this?

That's right Tiggies fans, we run the AFL at every level even on an international level.
And there's nothing you can do about it

Canadian Cats mafia!

It actually wouldn’t surprise me if we were interested in Jack Martin, we were very keen when he was available in the pre draft thing. He obviously is very injury riddled but I wouldn’t be totally opposed. He’d be cheap and has lots of talent not too much of a downside.
Maybe he gets his body right and can find a spot in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back