Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

It actually wouldn’t surprise me if we were interested in Jack Martin, we were very keen when he was available in the pre draft thing. He obviously is very injury riddled but I wouldn’t be totally opposed. He’d be cheap and has lots of talent not too much of a downside.
Maybe he gets his body right and can find a spot in the team.
Hmm nope injury prone and very unlikely to kick any of our small forwards out of the team

It actually wouldn’t surprise me if we were interested in Jack Martin, we were very keen when he was available in the pre draft thing. He obviously is very injury riddled but I wouldn’t be totally opposed. He’d be cheap and has lots of talent not too much of a downside.
Maybe he gets his body right and can find a spot in the team.

We've long learned our lesson re perenially injured players.

1726138596916.png

Does this surprise anyone?

Makes me sad to think of Parf going.

He was so elusive when he first started playing firsts, then bulked up and seemed to lose a touch of speed and the ability to go through traffic. Felt like he had got it right in the first half of this year - Ling said something to that effect on 'The Final Bell' - then it became clear he was not going to be picked.

Really hope he gets a good offer from somewhere, and can go to something positive.

Lets be realistic, its either us or Hawthorn, if it was Collingwood he would have no reason to keep it a secret other than to stir up the fans (which he may very well be doing). But also in saying that Pies have a worse draft hand than us so if dogs want top dollar it wont be from them.
If they didn't trade in Schultz.... :|

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, so had a long night at a fantastic Greek restaurant Kafenion. Highly recommend.

Nothing groundbreaking from things I was told tonight.

Smith = as big a lock as you can get.

The most interesting part was that the Waterman interest is real. Very real. Something will come out soon with his contract. Most likely to re-sign soon but he is wanted and as it drags on, it could become a big story post season.

Was told there is zero interest in Stringer.

I know nobody else is talking about it but he is sure we are still courting Oliver.

Tsatas and Macrae’s names come up again but it sounds tepid, fall back options if other names don’t come off.

Still no Peatling news, which saddens me.

The big point he made is right now we are keeping a low profile and keeping any big stories and news quiet and attention off of us to keep focussed for finals. He said around the club morale is high. Energy feels on and there’s a real belief. Not to sound corny but this has me more excited than anything else I heard tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ok, so had a long night at a fantastic Greek restaurant Kafenion. Highly recommend.

The most interesting part was that the Waterman interest is real. Very real. Something will come out soon with his contract. Most likely to re-sign soon but he is wanted and as it drags on, it could become a big story post season.

I know nobody else is talking about it but he is sure we are still courting Oliver.

Tsatas and Macrae’s names come up again but it sounds tepid, fall back options if other names don’t come off.

The big point he made is right now we are keeping a low profile and keeping any big stories and news quiet and attention off of us to keep focussed for finals. He said around the club morale is high. Energy feels on and there’s a real belief. Not to sound corny but this has me more excited than anything else I heard tonight.

Smith, Waterman, Oliver and a flag
Ok then

Hmm nope injury prone and very unlikely to kick any of our small forwards out of the team
Jack Martin displaces non of our smalls and frankly I’d take Clohesy over Martin as Ted will give you 8-12 tackles a game and 110% and Martin whilst skilled and creative will not.
Go Catters

I really hope we don't get Oliver. An excellent player but I just have a feeling that he is a poor fit for our culture.
I cannot see it happening on a number of fronts:
  1. He is clearly cultural poison. It really just does take one bad apple - and, ironically, the better at football they are, the worse, due to the influence on others.
  2. He can only play one position. Historically, Geelong has really shied away from midfielders who can only play inside midfield - Joel Selwood is really the only exception to this.
  3. We do not have the trade capital.

Thanks for sharing all the news, but the best part of that is the energy/morale in the club. Players and trades are fun, but playing finals and winning flags is the end goal and we're two good games away from hoisting another one!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back