Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

With all due respect, I question how much you've watched Kennedy. Let me know when Parfitt averages 25 touches a game in a season.

Many Blues fans have been clamoring for Kennedy to get more burn in the middle. He has been used as a half forward who goes through the middle. He is a much more versatile player than Hewitt or Cerra which is why his midfield time is down the last two seasons.

Hardly a bad sign he's getting pushed out in a midfield that features Cripps, Walsh, Cerra and Hewitt.

In the end I don't care if he's not looked at, not a hill worth dying on. But some of the takes on Kennedy are hilariously bad.
Barely gets a run as an Inside Mid, which is his best position.

On Trade radio on the AFL Site, Cal Twomey mentioned if we're to get Smith (since he still hasn't nominated a club) then Cats don't want to give more then the current first rounder of this year, and Doggies will want more then that. Expect it to go down to the wire.

Damian Barrett asked Cal what leverage does the Dogs have since he's ooc and hasn't played in 12 months. And Cal said only the PSD which Damian replied that it rarely ever gets to that nor does it work out well for clubs.

Riley Beveridge said he thinks Geelong is in the mix for other mids as well but Smith the main focus. (didn't mention any names)

Everyone repeat after me

Mystery Mids

What's the chances of us throwing Zach Guthrie in the midfield mix next season ?

Mullin Henry Zuthrie
Holmes SDK Humphries
Dempsey Smith Mannagh
Conway Bruhn REID
Close Neale Miers
Henry CADMAN Stengle

Clark Knevitt Clohesy Bowes COS

Crazy where we sit right now. Q -

Do we go all out for these two given our strength across the board, picking the eyes out of the latter stages of the draft; and how could we make it work as far as draft capital.
I would trade 4 years of draft capital and every name not on that list above to make those two trades happen.

Next year you can do 3x firsts in trading so night be able to get one.

Why are people in this thread talking about Cadman like he is guaranteed to leave GWS, what indication has he ever given to say he wants to leave to play with us, same with Reid, its all fantasy,
Shown absolutely none, if anything hes constantly affirmed his dedication to GWS, people live in fantasy land on this board sometimes.

With all due respect, I question how much you've watched Kennedy. Let me know when Parfitt averages 25 touches a game in a season.

Many Blues fans have been clamoring for Kennedy to get more burn in the middle. He has been used as a half forward who goes through the middle. He is a much more versatile player than Hewitt or Cerra which is why his midfield time is down the last two seasons.

Hardly a bad sign he's getting pushed out in a midfield that features Cripps, Walsh, Cerra and Hewitt.

In the end I don't care if he's not looked at, not a hill worth dying on. But some of the takes on Kennedy are hilariously bad.
1 season where he has averaged over 20 touches a game. Same as Parfitt.

He is a list clogger and would replace parfitt as our ball butcher at VFL level.

What's the chances of us throwing Zach Guthrie in the midfield mix next season ?

I'm sure he'd go okay in there, silky skills and all. But he's just playing so well in defence and has been for some time now.

They'll be hoping Clark, Clohesy, Knevitt and even Mullin show something in the middle next season, and throw in Bailey Smith if all the mail is true.

It is something that I have thought about numerous times, given that Guthrie the Elder started on the 1/2 back flank before moving into the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going for Kennedy would just be putting a very limited player in the way of guys like Clark, Knevitt and Clohesy. It's unclear who he'd replace in the midfield rotations from the QF. And we've potentially got Smith, Stewart and Guthrie to add to that mix.
If Clark, knevitt and clohesy are any good they won’t have any problem going past a very limited player.

I also have though my that he has certain attributes that could transfer into the middle.

He is mini Stewart after all.
He reads the game in a similar way to Stewart, but he is not nearly as explosive as Stewart. Stewart is quicker and is more of a burst player, which allows him to transition to a midfield role.

I fear that Zuthrie would be a plodder in the midfield, and you would be wasting the strengths he has that allow him to be an elite player in the backline.

As a midfielder he would be more blitz/atkins than Stewart/danger.

Shown absolutely none, if anything hes constantly affirmed his dedication to GWS, people live in fantasy land on this board sometimes.
Yeah the same people that fantasised about Dangerfield and Cameron. They’re all dedicated until they’re not.

Don't go off the rails here on Cadman. What I said (and what I've been told) is that the club are all over his every move and have stayed very close to him and his manager since well prior to his draft year.

That doesn't translate to Cadman ever having said he wanted to leave GWS.

Looks like we are looking at Jack Martin Well according to the herald sun.
Didn’t expect that.

Obviously his injuries are a concern.
But would get him for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Clark, knevitt and clohesy are any good they won’t have any problem going past a very limited player.

Our club are smart enough to trust quality young players once they've done their VFL development. I think they would pick Clark ahead of Kennedy even if he's less physically developed. But that also suggests it's a bit pointless paying up for our new Mitch Hardie.

I liked him as a kid, was surprised he didn't do that well at GWS. When he started playing well at Carlton I thought, good, I always liked that kid.

I don't watch Carlton every week so have then been confused when he's had criticism. Only thing I can judge him off is against Geelong....and I thought he was pretty good, and again thought "I always liked that kid".

I'm completely guessing on him because I don't watch him enough but he played all year so bit confusing they are so readily letting him go.

Martin would be another Sam Blease, talented but can't stay on the park long enough to ever fullfill it, just not a list fit either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back