Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

It will be interesting to see what the club thinks about Guthrie - will he really be a new recruit next year? And Smith.

If we have both of those back at peak form that makes a huge difference to an already good MF. Yes Danger might play less and Stewart could go back to defence…and maybe Atkins gets “passed over’. But more upside in Bowes, Bruhn and Holmes seems reasonable to assume

And that is before Clark and Knevitt trying to knoc down the door

Maybe adding another can’t hurt as long as we dont promise them any priority as I expect MF to continue to develop
I think any expectation on guthtie to perform should be tampered down. Highly unlikely at that age and layoff he will be a significant contributor. I think thr impact this season of tuohy or duncan is probably a realistic sight.

I want to see max holmes given full midfield minutes with baz, and jhye clark to be pushed big time over pre season for a rotating inside role with bruhn.

Sam Edmund on SEN just said there is 0% chance that SDK will be involved in any trade talks this off season
No shit have no idea where that suggestion even came from club loves him and hes never been a mummys boy likes to stand on his own two feet he just got injured at the wrong time and was coming form a long way back fitness base wise.

1 season where he has averaged over 20 touches a game. Same as Parfitt.

He is a list clogger and would replace parfitt as our ball butcher at VFL level.
Kennedy is just too slow, couple years ago he had a role at senior level but now hes basically just a complete liability much like Parfitt, only positive is he actually has a bit of forward craft if its essentially just a swap I dont hate it quite as much as initially hes a better and more well rounded player than Parfitt albeit not saying much.

If we were happy for Rohan to play on and that’s changed then Martin for free, costing no more and possibly less than Rohans wage, isn’t the worst thing. Clever forward and if his body holds up with a different set of eyes could give us 2-3 years and you can’t deny his class.
I seen a lot of Martin at the Suns he had 2or3 very good seasons and was strong overhead and skilful at ground level never reached those heights at Carlton but with a very weak draft hand and possibly a few Cats moving on a free hit at someone like Martin might not be the worst idea on reflection.

I'd rather re-sign Rohan for 12 months than sign Martin who no doubt would be wanting a 2-3 year deal
I am the opposite, if Martin was effectively free to bring in, I would rather him for a couple of years and getting a chance than Rohan having any impact next year

How are his injury problems over the last two seasons lucky? He would be a lock without them.

Bews has played 34 games across AFL and VFL the last two years and between VFL byes and being carryover emergency would've missed another 5 or so games. He's been fit the vast majority of the time and apparently had the best preseason of his career.

I'm surprised he's back in the team. His form was poor in his couple of AFL games and he did ok at best in the QF. I think Tuohy and Mullin would look at their respective performances and think they're unbelievably stiff if Bews is preferred to them this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't see the use case for Martin. Carlton ruined him, either they or injuries turned him into a low production forward.
I just look at it, that he would be better than a Willis/Wiltshire etc... so the lower players on the list, so as a free hit to have if you need it can't hurt?

I also never look at things in terms of stats/analytics etc so I may view things differently to plenty of others. If someone is a DFA and they play games in my view it is a bonus I have low expectations on someone coming in from that position... I am fully aware of Stengle in that situation as well but his case is an outlier not the norm, so no harm in looking at it for me

I just look at it, that he would be better than a Willis/Wiltshire etc... so the lower players on the list, so as a free hit to have if you need it can't hurt?

I also never look at things in terms of stats/analytics etc so I may view things differently to plenty of others. If someone is a DFA and they play games in my view it is a bonus I have low expectations on someone coming in from that position... I am fully aware of Stengle in that situation as well but his case is an outlier not the norm, so no harm in looking at it for me

Even as a DFA, he is unlikely to be on base wages. I'm not against the idea of chasing a DFA in general, If we see him as a forward then he just seems to be a poor target to me. I'm just sceptical if he has it in him to play another role. I'd be looking at guys who can run and guys who can kick.

I'm be looking at Hind for the run situation, Riley Bonner for guys who can kick(ish)

I am the opposite, if Martin was effectively free to bring in, I would rather him for a couple of years and getting a chance than Rohan having any impact next year

I just don't know how close Martin is to getting his body right - I think it's like 5 hamstring issues across this season alone which sounds bit of a concern

And maybe it's a bit of sentimentality in keeping Rohan for 12 months - he's 2 games off the 100 games for the club. Thinking both players may present limited opportunities going forward, but those limited opportunities for Rohan may have benefit in 18years time

yes and no, wiltshire and willis may never make it but they 20-year-olds. martin is 30, imo upside is mimum as he also happens to play in our team strength area. should always give the young guys a go to fill rotation spots and only recruit for needed areas or star players.

if we were talking cheap pick ups from the Blues i would be all for shooting Jeka into the sun and getting Lewis Young in fwiw... but i have no idea if he is free, cheap, interested, otherwise

Even as a DFA, he is unlikely to be on base wages. I'm not against the idea of chasing a DFA in general, If we see him as a forward then he just seems to be a poor target to me. I'm just sceptical if he has it in him to play another role. I'd be looking at guys who can run and guys who can kick.

I'm be looking at Hind for the run situation, Riley Bonner for guys who can kick(ish)
Was quite decent going through the midfield at the Suns but the question is are those days behind him.

Is Jed our version of Johnny Farnham - the neverending farewell tour...

From Krock

For Bewsy to pull a 14th season... thats incredible considering how he came to the club and the work he's put into get there.

I could see him going again - onya Jedda

GO Catters

Why would we be looking at Jack Martin?
no idea.... much rather that $$ be spent on keeping someone on our list already or giving Clohesy an upgrade. Get more week on week effort and performance from Ted - although Martin's ceiling is higher but he never hits it.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back