Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Preuss delisted by GWS today. 29. Any chance Cats would be interested, as a stop gap for Stanley/Conway?
A no based simply on his appalling lack of judgment in previous trade periods.

It looked like working out who would be leaving at the end of the year was going to be a pretty simple one. But if it’s true that Stanley, Bews and Duncan all stay the departures are a bit harder to pick. Could mean a couple of younger players don’t make the cut.

It looked like working out who would be leaving at the end of the year was going to be a pretty simple one. But if it’s true that Stanley, Bews and Duncan all stay the departures are a bit harder to pick. Could mean a couple of younger players don’t make the cut.
It’s still simple isn’t it?

Retired:

Hawkins
Tuohy

Delisted:

Hardie
Parfitt
Willis
Foster
Murdoch

I personally wouldn’t go on with Bews or Rohan but doesn’t look like I’m aligned with the club there.

Retired:

Hawkins
Tuohy

Delisted:

Hardie
Parfitt
Willis
Foster
Murdoch

I personally wouldn’t go on with Bews or Rohan but doesn’t look like I’m aligned with the club there.
I like to keep Foster and Willis, Jeka is border line but he’s a rookie and still young enough to keep developing.

I like to keep Foster and Willis, Jeka is border line but he’s a rookie and still young enough to keep developing.
Yep, Foster and Willis the ones that might have had a reprieve if two more seniors moved on.

Tuohy Hawkins Rohan Murdoch Jeka Hardie all gone for mine. Smith, Martin, IrishCatB plus 3 taken at the draft.

Retired:

Hawkins
Tuohy

Delisted:

Hardie
Parfitt
Willis
Foster
Murdoch

Hmm i still think it is a high chance Rohan retires and as others stated i would like to give Foster and Willis one more each

So that would be Hawkins, Tuohy, Rohan, Hardie, Parfitt and Murdoch out that is 6 out with Smith in plus 3 draftees leaves us with 2 more for trades/draft

Hmm i still think it is a high chance Rohan retires and as others stated i would like to give Foster and Willis one more each

So that would be Hawkins, Tuohy, Rohan, Hardie, Parfitt and Murdoch out that is 6 out with Smith in plus 3 draftees leaves us with 2 more for trades/draft
I hope you’re right on Rohan.

Duncan will get another year to reach 300 games
If he slows out of top 22 he will retire early
Cats will then have a midyear draft pick

Stanley will get another year contract extension
Retained as back up for injury prone Conway

Danger is seeking a two year contract extension

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Rohan and Hawkins retire and we get Smith, we look much thinner on marking forwards than midfielders.
I can see SDK playing more in front of the ball next year. And Danger will play forward a lot more as well (I know not a KPF)…so I am less worried for 2025 about that position. Of course if SDK doesn’t look like he will develop into a forward then they will be on the hunt for one for the future i suspect

Kingy on K Rock did mention this on Stanley a few weeks ago.. and a fair few were saying that's bull 💩 , as that can't be rite.. As people were saying we had to push Stanley to play this year...

Don't always believe what you read on BigFooty
Come on….what a ridiculous statement 😳…if I don’t believe this single source of truth what can I believe in!

Yes they do.. They can walk him to the pre-season draft and straight to Richmond, Smith has ZERO choice then.
It could be pre-season draft and Richmond, or main draft and anywhere.

While unlikely, it does give Richmond a LOT of power if they want Smith.

They have the Cap space, and since Rioli, Bolton and Baker will be traded out for high picks, they will have a LOT of draft capital to easily satisfy the Doggies

Again, unlikely. If Smith does nominate Geelong, they will both try their hardest for a fair deal, and 2 x high teen picks is still probably unders and will be a minimum starting point.
Is this an alt account from that tiger flog on the main board? Because the numerous posts with the same angle and inability to grasp how things operate in the real world mirrors very similar to that flog.

How are the tigers being brought into the discussion? Smith would nominate for the narional Draft to avoid this scenario let alone the tigers being dumb enough to waste a top pick on a player that doesn’t want to be there

Last edited:
Is this an alt account from that tiger flog on the main board? Because the numerous posts with the same angle and inability to grasp how things operate in the real world mirrors very similar to that flog.

How is the tigers being in the discussion? From all reports Smith isn’t even on their radar and if he nominates the cats he coming here end of the discussion
Either old mate ChimneySweep or a Doggies fan with too much time on their hands.

I can see SDK playing more in front of the ball next year. And Danger will play forward a lot more as well (I know not a KPF)…so I am less worried for 2025 about that position. Of course if SDK doesn’t look like he will develop into a forward then they will be on the hunt for one for the future i suspect
Yep I'm still not ruling SDK out of a move forward unless we got someone like Cadman in to replace Cameron.

He will and already is playing multiple positions throughout his career.

The club would be crazy to let him go.

Mate there's also a long, long, long list of ruckmen who never grew into their bodies and proved to be extremely injury prone. It's luck of the draw.
Yep, there is on both sides of that argument and I am saying is that Conway is like a fine wine.
I believe. He will grow into a ripper. Lady luck, it’s our turn baby!!
Those who’ve put a line through him already I find are defeatist that they readily accept his failure will come. Ignoring that perhaps just maybe he might actually buck the trend of his run with injuries. Pessimists FMD. I thought they died off after 2007.
Anyways. That is my belief and my opinion.
Each to their own, but this is mine,
Cheers 🍻 Giddyup Catters!

Yep.

I just got on the DVI trade calculator for a play around... and I already knew the numbers are stupid.

If Ashcroft (a guy plenty think should/could be #1) ends up being bid on with #4... the Lions can get him with 33, 34 and 35 after that 20% discount... Which looks insane to my eyes.

If he is bid on with #1 then it makes a big difference.. Lions would need to add in an extra #26 to go along with 33, 34 and 35.

Still... 26, 33, 34 and 35 for PICK 1... sign me up please.

They gotta re-jig the DVI one way or another or drop that 20% discount.

They will trade their r1 down multiple times to get enough points to cover the deficit.

Retired:

Hawkins
Tuohy

Delisted:

Hardie
Parfitt
Willis
Foster
Murdoch

Rohan will go too.

What I meant by that is they can threaten to walk him to the pre-season draft and straight to Richmond anyway if he, and Geelong, dont play ball..

Basically, 'you're going to Richmond in the pre-season draft, or you are agreeing to be traded to Richmond, either way, its Richmond'

Smith would nominate for the ND not the PSD what are you talking about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back