Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing with Darcy (I don't want him) is that even if Freo kicked in money for his current contract, ala Pies-Grundy, the man himself clearly doesn't want to move.

You don't sign a massive deal until the end of 2030 just 12-months ago, if you aren't seriously invested in the club and the location.

He has clearly established himself in WA and made it home. He obviously likes living there and has committed to remaining there for a long time.

That ship has sailed for so many different reasons.

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah really hard to replicate roles in the 2s with a different number of talls.

Not sure we'd get a vfl ruck better than Furph anyway
From what I saw of Furphy in the VFL he has a chance to make it.

Great physique, think Grundy.

Didn't mind the contest.

His primary ruck skills were ordinary. The lack of positioning, timing, ability to lock in the most favourable manner are still to be learnt. Of course.

BUT.

His second efforts had me sitting up straight. Wants the pill post contest and hits the ground well balanced. Did some quick things to help mids extract.

He looked like a basketballer whose awareness and reaction time might hold him in good stead.

Long way to go, but I would be keen to keep him, if not lock him in for a couple more years on rookie list.

Bazlenka announcement today peeps?

Smash Video Games GIF by HyperX

From what I saw of Furphy in the VFL he has a chance to make it.

Great physique, think Grundy.

Didn't mind the contest.

His primary ruck skills were ordinary. The lack of positioning, timing, ability to lock in the most favourable manner are still to be learnt. Of course.

BUT.

His second efforts had me sitting up straight. Wants the pill post contest and hits the ground well balanced. Did some quick things to help mids extract.

He looked like a basketballer whose awareness and reaction time might hold him in good stead.

Long way to go, but I would be keen to keep him, if not lock him in for a couple more years on rookie list.

Stop! You had me at doesn't mind the contest ❤️

He's one i didn't really get to see but it sounds like the new rules are made for him

Bruhn is nothing like Parfitt.

He might've only got it 10 times but he did use it bloody well. He had the highest disposal efficiency of any player which is insane for an inside mid. Bruhn is a genuinely elite ball user while Parfitt is a complete butcher.

He also had our second highest clearances only 1 behind Danger, more score involvements than Lachie Neale, the same as Holmes and Mannagh. And his defensive work was solid.

He actually wasn't that bad at all. He just didn't get the ball much.

Getting the ball is pretty important when you are playing midfield. He was very poor.

He may have had a legitimate excuse.

Had we hung on for those last two minutes, we would have been forced to go back to Cam Guthrie for him or Bowes.

That is how bad they were.

Let’s be honest about the situation. And I like Bruhn.

We need to move on from Bowes as best 22, he has way too many convictions against good midfields now.

Getting the ball is pretty important when you are playing midfield. He was very poor.

Had we hung on for those last two minutes, we would have been forced to go back to Cam Guthrie for him or Bowes.

We need to move on from Bowes as best 22, he has way too many convictions against good midfields now.
They are both very strange. At times they look like A-graders and the next week (or quarter in Bruhn’s case) they virtually disappear. I just don’t get it.

They are both very strange. At times they look like A-graders and the next week (or quarter in Bruhn’s case) they virtually disappear. I just don’t get it.

Bowes it is normally opposition dependent. Bruhn is very weird. Maybe partly victim of game plan. I think it may click for him. He is also much younger. Next year is huge for him.

I am almost done with Bowes. Looks classy and tough but just goes missing when the heat goes up too many times.

I like Jack, like a big supporter of his but i did a best 22 (23) for 2025 and he didn't make my team, i considered him as the sub...probably due to versatility to play multiple positions but Mullin can do that too and has way more upside.

Probably speaks volumes. He's a great depth player but if he's in our midfield every week we are probably struggling.
This is my Cats best team for 2025 so people can criticise or dissect it how they like but it is my opinion soooo.

B: Zuthrie, SDK, Kolo
HB: Stewart, J.Henry, Humphries
C: Dempsey, Danger, Holmes
HF: Miers, Jezza, Mannagh
FF: O.Henry, Neale, Stengle
FOL: Conway, Bailey Smith, Bruhn
INT: Blicavs, COS, Atkins, Jack Martin
SUB: Mullin

EMG: Clark, Bowes, MOC

Go ahead Cats fans, dissect away!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bowes it is normally opposition dependent. Bruhn is very weird. Maybe partly victim of game plan. I think it may click for him. He is also much younger. Next year is huge for him.

I am almost done with Bowes. Looks classy and tough but just goes missing when the heat goes up too many times.

The ability to read the ball is crucial.

I saw Stanley palm the ball down cleanly on a good few occasions but no-one other than Danger seemed to read where it was going and time their run to that exact spot at the right time.

Getting the ball in that very first instance is where we break down too often.

Bowes just doesn't do it for long enough. Imo, he has the skill level to be a good AFL mid. But I'm not sure whether his endurance allows it? He often starts games well but fades. Saturday another example of that.

Bowes just doesn't do it for long enough. Imo, he has the skill level to be a good AFL mid. But I'm not sure whether his endurance allows it? He often starts games well but fades. Saturday another example of that.
I gotta cut Bowes some slack because he is used in different roles regularly and has never been given a chance to settle in one position... Probably due to him having some flexibility in his game.

Some games he is in at CBA's and showing he can win clearances... next week he is out of them.

Yeah, agreed. Bruhn has potential, he's still young and growing year-on-year. Bowes is worth a spot in the 22, on the basis of his flexibility, a la Tuohy in the last few years.

I like Jack, like a big supporter of his but i did a best 22 (23) for 2025 and he didn't make my team, i considered him as the sub...probably due to versatility to play multiple positions but Mullin can do that too and has way more upside.

Probably speaks volumes. He's a great depth player but if he's in our midfield every week we are probably struggling.
This is my Cats best team for 2025 so people can criticise or dissect it how they like but it is my opinion soooo.

B: Zuthrie, SDK, Kolo
HB: Stewart, J.Henry, Humphries
C: Dempsey, Danger, Holmes
HF: Miers, Jezza, Mannagh
FF: O.Henry, Neale, Stengle
FOL: Conway, Bailey Smith, Bruhn
INT: Blicavs, COS, Atkins, Jack Martin
SUB: Mullin

EMG: Clark, Bowes, MOC

Go ahead Cats fans, dissect away!
No Brad Close?

I like COS and he needs games but I would drop him off the bench to slot Close in

I gotta cut Bowes some slack because he is used in different roles regularly and has never been given a chance to settle in one position... Probably due to him having some flexibility in his game.

Some games he is in at CBA's and showing he can win clearances... next week he is out of them.
This is how I feel. He hasn't really been allowed to nail down a particular spot or role.

The ability to read the ball is crucial.

I saw Stanley palm the ball down cleanly on a good few occasions but no-one other than Danger seemed to read where it was going and time their run to that exact spot at the right time.

Getting the ball in that very first instance is where we break down too often.
Feels like that used to be a real strength of cats midfields in the past too. Like we could roll out the worst ruck in the league and smashed the clearances because Selwood, Danger, Guthrie, Duncan would all just read the oppo ruck tap.

With this midfield I think we might actually need a tap to advantage because the kids can't gain it themselves

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back