Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Have COS in the wings but he’d be a big loss I agree.
There is no guarantee that COS will make it as an AFL player.
At least SDK has had one very good season at AFL level, and a premiership under his belt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What in earth is the holdup with smith?? Just announce it already
Hutchy on the Sounding Board podcast had an aside about Bailey Smith.
Reading between the lines Smith and Geelong seem to be still in contract negotiations. Once Smith is happy with the contract he will then announce his preferred destination. The other side of that coin is either party could still walk away. 🤷‍♂️

Genuine question
Reckon you have 2+ Mil in salary cap room spare?

There's an extra $2 million in next year's salary cap compared with this year - so that would help

"The total player payments will jump from $15,022,778 in 2023 to $15,788,222 this year, before rising to $17.76m in 2025, $18.29m in 2026 and $18.44m in 2027."

There's an extra $2 million in next year's salary cap compared with this year - so that would help

"The total player payments will jump from $15,022,778 in 2023 to $15,788,222 this year, before rising to $17.76m in 2025, $18.29m in 2026 and $18.44m in 2027."
That’s saying that none of your players have built in increases

2Mil would be on the modest scale

I can’t imagine you would be trying to take both

That’s saying that none of your players have built in increases

2Mil would be on the modest scale

I can’t imagine you would be trying to take both

I'd be happy to pass on Oliver, but we keep being linked to him

If we are taking him, then I'd hope it wouldn't be on his full salary and Melbourne would be paying a good portion of it

And reports also suggest that proposed contract for Smith isn't crazy money & that he'd likely earn more playing elsewhere

So unlikely we'd need a spare $2 million set aside to cover their salaries

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back