Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

The most interesting thing about Oliver is how do the Dees value him?

Do they want him out?

Do they want to keep him?

Do they need to move him on for things happening behind the scenes?

Are they wanting lots for him or do they need to flick him to get rid of his terrible contact?

Do we think he can get back to his best?

Is he actually cooked?

So many questions.

On his recent form you could possibly offer up anything for him beside taking on his contract.

All I know is that if he ends up at Geelong, I really hope he gets back to near his best.

Would you rather
A. Bradshaw AND Butters
OR
B. Harley Reid

I'd rather A

Reid for me purely on on field.
But that doesn't factor in that brayshaw and Butters are very good for culture and leadership etc etc.

[emoji6][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="cats_[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">

And this is what people need to be patient with. The trade period is rarely thing at a time and you really need to trust our club with a decent track record…

And I thought the incoming Melb drama was the Trac situation playing out with the aflpa releasing more of their findings.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Haha Tom Morris just announced Bailey Smith has nominated Hawthorn as his club of choice to be traded to."

Just read that on the Bay.... uhhhhhh. Probably trolling.....but......

2022 - 1.6 Contested marks per game.
2023 - 0.6 Contested marks per game.
2024 - 0.7 Contested marks per game.

The guy was a brick wall in 2022 and hasn't been the same player since.

If he was getting it done in the backline we wouldn't have been shoved into the ruck.

I want the kid to be at his absolute beast for us for many years... but thinking he hasn't regressed is nonsense.

He is young and has plenty of time to turn it around... I'm not keen to lose him, but if I could get a jet like Butters for him I wouldn't hesitate.

In 2023 and 2024 he averaged more kicks, disposals, tackles, rating points, pressure acts, and had a better contested defensive win rate, but he averaged fewer contested marks therefore he clearly regressed. Got it.

I just looked at Twitter, did a search for both Tom Morris & Bailey Smith, with nothing coming up about the above suggestion, and surely it would be all over socials if it was true

BUT part of me wouldn't mind see that be the case just to see the mental gymnastics needed by Bulldogs supporters to pivot to now dealing with a team other than Geelong
Or how on earth they'd get a better deal from the hawks

Genuine question
Reckon you have 2+ Mil in salary cap room spare?

With our retirements this year and next we absolutely will. Plus Danger comes off his big money now, Cameron goes off his big deal in 12 months etc.
I still wouldn't want to spend it on Oliver of all people though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlikely, but surely players like Duncan, Bews and Stanley are on veteran minimum deals going forward.

Danger comes off his big deal now and will go onto lower $.
Duncan is coming off a 5 year deal signed on big $ when WA were chasing him so that opens up a lot.
Next year is the last year of Cameron's big $ and then he will be year by year on lower $ post that.
Guthrie blicavs Stanley Duncan bews all to go in next 12 months.

So we will have a fair bit of room.
But I'd rather be saving it for guys like brayshaw Reid cadman etc than using it on Clayton with all his question marks.

Just get everyone.

Mack dog in the trade room

Black Friday Christmas GIF by Target

Been told all the way through that Oliver was not genuine interest. Asked the question but I’m tipping all clubs have at some point.

Things can change quickly though. If there’s a purge coming at the Dees then we might see this change quickly.

If the Dees pick up $250k a year of that contract (for the remainder of its term) and throw in a FR1 or 2x FR2 (Bowes style deal) I reckon we’d be all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back