Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Relative to his own standards it was poor. Relative to the comp it was still above average.

View attachment 2127690

I was referring to his off-field issues when talking about the reward vs risk.

He could be a very good player for us....he could be very disruptive to the club.

Hence a significant difference in what he could bring.

there simply no motivation for oliver to renegotiate any contract as he is not going to take a pay cut. a renegotiation mean he will get even more moeny. so let say he is on 7 x1 mill, and you renogaitate to 10 x 800 mill.
Other champions have joined Geelong for less $$$ because Geelong is regarded as a desirable ‘go to club’, for many reasons.

Being offered an opportunity sometimes means a sacrifice. Receiving less $$$ has other more significant rewards, being offered a chance to play again + with the successful Geelong is huge. Add lifestyle, surf coast + a regional yet cosmopolitan city, away from Melbourne focus + media attention. Depends upon life goals + desires.

Surely it would be Noble for Pick 38 straight swap.
Trouble is he's contracted so GC will have to pay overs. And....they're Gold Coast after all. This is a club that is so poorly managed we got that P7.

Anything is possible and Hardwick is desperate for mature talent as there is expectation he turns them around and quickly.

If Tigers get P6 for Rioli

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trouble is he's contracted so GC will have to pay overs. And....they're Gold Coast after all. This is a club that is so poorly managed we got that P7.

Anything is possible and Hardwick is desperate for mature talent as there is expectation he turns them around and quickly.

If Tigers get P6 for Rioli

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pick 12 for Rioli sounds about right and even paying overs for Noble would put him at what 25ish at most so a future second should do it.

Harry Perryman officially nominates Collingwood. Come on Baz, your turn

There's two considerations in this discussion re: Oliver.

What does he bring as a player?

What does he bring as a person?

What happens if we get the best of both, best of one and worst of the other, or worst of both?

For mine he could be an exceptionally good player, but he could be also be a bad apple if his alleged issues aren't sorted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's two considerations in this discussion re: Oliver.

What does he bring as a player?

What does he bring as a person?

What happens if we get the best of both, best of one and worst of the other, or worst of both?

For mine he could be an exceptionally good player, but he could be also be a bad apple if his alleged issues aren't sorted.

Good thing is, if there’s one club in the league to make the right decision on a player based on character it’s Geelong. If we bring him in then I’ve no doubt that they are confident in him as a person

In addition, previous comments imply he is FIGJAM + with his ego, might struggle to fit into our Geelong culture. If that’s the situation, go to Hawthorn + play social media games with Ginnivan LOL
100%
You can add that little teacup poodle Watson to the flog list as well if you like
Dog Grooming GIF by MOODMAN

Relative to his own standards it was poor. Relative to the comp it was still above average.

View attachment 2127690
I'm not sure the stats tell the story on this one. Seemed like all his involvements were crab handballs for no impact.

I could also be wrong, that's just gut feel watching the half dozen or so games of his I saw rather than serious inquiry.

Hmm yeah. Not sure if I'd equate cheating, which is extremely prevalent, to having a drug and gambling addiction and playing an elite sport.

If you're talking about cheating with a team mates partner that's a bit different but that can happen anywhere as well.

We know this guy has serious issues.
Thats what i was sort of aiming at...
On the other.
Addiction is one thing... a character trait or flaw is another. Is my point. Maybe i didnt write it up clearly enough. Apologises.
The first can happen to anyone.... and i mean anyone.
It does not discriminate at all. Age colour creed social standing intelligence... it can get anyone.
But. Being a dead set runt... well, thats a totally different story all together.
Cheers mate.

Please no on Oliver. The guy is cultural poison

We had a guy like that at the local club, and even at an amateur shitkicker level, the relief when he was removed was so palpable for everyone. One bad apple and all that

This is the significant gap I was talking about.

There is the trouble he might bring as a hooman, and the benefit he might bring as a player.

Geelong:
give pick 15 and 35 to Suns for pick 12
Give pick 12 for Smith

Suns get pick 15 and trade 33 for Noble

Dogs get 12 for Smith

Everyones happy. Done.
I'd say NO. As we need plenty of picks/bodies this year to come in as we have a swag of holes.
I wouldn't be bending over backwards for the Dogs over this trade.
Mackie knows it. We have the upper hand. Fck the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back