Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

I think Dempsey is a devout Christian. Hasnā€™t declared a specific religion, heā€™s actively involved in community service + charitable initiatives. The importance of giving back is evident in the projects he supports + often collaborates with organisations focused on mental health + well-being, which aligns with his values of compassion + empathy.
ā™„ļø ā™„ļø ā™„ļø
View attachment 2133906

Carey Baptist. Stated "Blessed and honoured to receive the Rising Star.' More power to him. Learned behaviour, kindness and personality count for a lot.

The issue was his partner wanted to leave immediately + was angry Geelong refused. Experienced her family on Fb Geelong Catsā€™ page, who were aggressive + abusive. Said the WAGS were stuck up + racist, which wasnā€™t true. Some of the senior playersā€™ WAGS organised a welcome for her + included her. Completely understand she missed her family + needed their support, desperately. Geelong paid for family to fly to Geelong, many times. Nothing was ever enough for her. They were in a very trying + really difficult situation. It was very sad šŸ˜¢
I agree, from my own perspective I went through a few sessions watching here spending most of her time on her phone or talking with a friend she brought along without really interacting with her son, support is only support if you actually utilise and engage with the support.

Couldn't help my self and had a look on the trade board and i have a few observations..

Regarding Smith

1 That place is a cesspool
2 Half the posters in that thread are from other teams mostly Hawks and Richmond .. Wonder why
3 A heap of take him to the PSD not understanding it would be the ND .. Can't blame them when even the reporters get it wrong

Trade radio is infuriating. I put it on whilst I was in the bathroom getting ready and the first 3-4min were ads. They finally came back from a commercial break only for Cornes to say "that's all for today, catch ya later" and then went back to a commercial break.

I only heard ads for the 10min I listened.
In fairness, without ads it would just be blank space there. There's nothing new to day

Welcome to trade period being to long so they need to fill time and even the idiots on it only have so much bullshit to talk about so half of it ends up being adds
And thought provoking (deluded) hypothetical trades from talk back callers like Trout from Melton and Scooter from Cranbourne North

I think the point of interest is just that it's increasingly unusual for young people to be devoutly religious, that's all. Nothing more than a curiosity.
From gen z kids I've met i don't think it's that uncommon. Religiosity in millenials looks like the lower end of what's sustainable and it's picking back up again. They don't drink much, don't sleep around, go to church. They're about as boring a generation as you could get from what I've seen.

Some more devout Catholics still do it.

One of my close friends is like this - she doesn't make any sort of big deal about it, just if we ever catch up for lunch/dinner on a Friday she'll always order a seafood dish.
It's more about denying yourself something pleasurable as an act of contrition and/or detaching oneself from worldy things.

Though it's amusing when once a year Catholics on Good Friday think choosing lobster somehow meets the criteria

Couldn't help my self and had a look on the trade board and i have a few observations..

Regarding Smith

1 That place is a cesspool
2 Half the posters in that thread are from other teams mostly Hawks and Richmond .. Wonder why
3 A heap of take him to the PSD not understanding it would be the ND .. Can't blame them when even the reporters get it wrong
And a strangely high number of fresh new accounts

Kennedy is a good fit, positionally, age profile and capital wise
Crazy not to speak to him

As for the religion stuff I would think it would fit nicely with our no d@ck heads policy.
Sounds like a decent person with good moral compass.

From gen z kids I've met i don't think it's that uncommon. Religiosity in millenials looks like the lower end of what's sustainable and it's picking back up again. They don't drink much, don't sleep around, go to church. They're about as boring a generation as you could get from what I've seen.
lol they are simultaneously out of control and also not having enough fun, depending on which news outlet you follow

But quite seriously, statistically we are becoming less religious with every generation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldnā€™t gaf if youā€™re Christian, Muslim or a satanist. If youā€™re good at footy and not a complete flog then welcome aboard.
And I'd argue if you are devout there is less likelihood of being a flog
Houli another good example, solid citizen

Not the worst suggestion for our involvement, but rather this year's first compared with next year

Cats giving too much here
Maybe a first and third with a second back?

And why would GC give up 13 for a future first unless they are banking on performing worse next season?
Noble for 29 is plenty considering
Alex Neal Bullen is going for 28 and a much more accomplished player

29 alone for Noble is too much let alone with 56, guys a spud

He's not that bad and he is still quite young so a bit of room left for improvement.

* Just checked his age and he is 27 so definitely no upside left in his game
Not worth pick 29, but if you consider heā€™s contracted heā€™s pretty close.
56 is a junk throw away pick they most likely wonā€™t use anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back