Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Ah I see.

I still don't think it's over yet. Clayton would be well within rights to push this further.
I think what has happened is Oliver and Melbs relationship has gone bad and Melb no longer want his stupid contract so they tried to trade him but only got offers they considered well under and are now stuck with him.

I think what has happened is Oliver and Melbs relationship has gone bad and Melb no longer want his stupid contract so they tried to trade him but only got offers they considered well under and are now stuck with him.
Which in itself is pretty funny.

Getting Oliver would be great, but seeing Melbourne screw themselves royally is a pretty good consolation prize.

It's interesting though, there was a lot of 'Melbourne have been strong...we want to be respectful...put it to bed.' but then towards the end, he said 'that's where it currently sits...that's something Clayton needs to work through...as far as we know.' It definitely reads as multiple outlets have been saying, that the door isn't closed yet, and it's more up to him and his management if they want to pursue it aggressively.

Perfect interview though. If it's going to happen, it's all in Clayton, Connors/Gieschen, and Melbourne's court. We're not chasing at all, and never really have been. If we don't hear a thing from Clayton via himself, his management group or media leaks, then I'd say as most of us have thought, then he stays a Dee yet again.

EDIT: This quote from Tim Lamb though - that's definitive:

Q: Is there any chance Clayton Oliver is playing for another club in 2025?
A: Melbourne list boss Tim Lamb: No.

Really is up to Clayton if he wants to push, but going by that statement above, they'd look like f*cking morons to have an about face now. We move on :)

Basically now in someone else's court ..

Tennis Hit GIF by 2K Games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sliding doors moment.. could have changed his life literally moving to the coast
But I can see it happening too

Yep but he's too erratic in his personal life for it to work.
Cats are losing longtime leadership and Oliver needs support around him.

Maybe a couple years ago with Hawkins and co on call but not now.

I'm not blaming Oliver as he could have a diagnosed imbalance but the club is bringing in a young guy who may need his own enterarague already. One is enough for now.

.... until Harley signs on.

Mackie played that perfectly. Confirms we had the discussion, gives a nice little drive-by to Melbourne “his manager was told he should have the discussion” (or words to that effect), shuts it down from our side.

Now it’s dead unless Dees somehow make an (even more) embarrassing back-peddle.

Did we trade SDK for some magic beans?

Speaking of for those that missed it. Mackie also laughed and also said there’s no way SDK is being involved in any trades and they expect him to be at the club for the next 10+ years. And Dangerfields new contraxt will take 5 seconds to work out between each other

Mackie played that perfectly. Confirms we had the discussion, gives a nice little drive-by to Melbourne “his manager was told he should have the discussion” (or words to that effect), shuts it down from our side.

Now it’s dead unless Dees somehow make an (even more) embarrassing back-peddle.
And, IF Melbourne re-engage the price for him drops significantly

Id like a quiz …. whats the outcome for BSmith ….

1… R1 pick

2...R1 pick ..plus pick or player

3… No deal done by close of trade period...
2. Rd1 and a F3 with a Future pick coming back with Bailey

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back