Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Dafuq would GWS want Stringer for?

Sorry is that supposed to imply GWS are going for Stringer?

What a crap post

O’Halloran is contracted for next year and as it stands, GWS would be reluctant to trade him this year even though there's a 4-year deal from the Bulldogs waiting for him

GWS has been linked to Stinger, and there's a suggestion that if they were able to sign Jake for 2-years, that they may be more open to trading O’Halloran, as it would be someone to straight into that role

People seem to be questioning this move by North, but for a nothing pick I think it's a good get. I don't think anyone expects any more than him being a Hold The Fort stopgap while their other young KPPs develop.
They could have just traded away the next Lawson Humphries though ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if people think Smith is going to be the savior, they’re going to be disappointed
Very good player, helps our issues.
Doesn’t fix them
I think he's a solid partial solution. That's why I think we would be doing ourselves a massive disservice trading out our future first. We'll need it to trade next year

I think he's a solid partial solution. That's why I think we would be doing ourselves a massive disservice trading out our future first. We'll need it to trade next year

Unless Butters wants to move into his new farm house this october

When asked about using our R1 for the trade, Mackie mentioned something like this.

"I'll leave that up to me and Sam.... but you'd expect it would".

Anyway, it was something like that.

So in my mind if the R1 is a part of it... the F1 is next to no chance.

Some people play semantics to convince themselves something that’s not true..

We called up and asked every club in the AFL if they are interested in Clayton Oliver turns into

“ we love Clayton, he was never shopped around, we never actually discussed a specific trade deal with clubs, just an informant chat like we always do”

It’s more semantics when they tell this b.s but everyone involved behind the scenes knows the reality

Put it this way, we're probably 1/3 of where we want to be as a premiership midfield presently.

Holmes is one, we believe Smith makes it 2/3, but we still need the third.

That could've potentially been Oliver, but that also comes with its own set of risks.

Unless someone seriously breaks out next year, that player is likely going to have to be a trade, which is where get into the whole Oliver vs Butters/Reid etc etc.

It's kinda futile because there's no guarantees with those players, and only the club would know their thoughts, but I trust that they have something planned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back