Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

🤔

We know that North has already completed a trade for Darling, Luke Parker has requested a trade, but they're also connected to Caleb Daniel and reportedly made an approach to Dan Houston

I know North hasn't had the best of times over recent seasons, but they have some decent kids - wonder if any are of their players looking at the trading spree who may be wanting to consider their own future
Reckon they would take 3rd round pick for Sheezel 🤪

This also

We could always request that all Smith chat be taken to the dedicated Smith thread, and with Mackie shooting down Oliver chat, that we moved on from that lime of discussion and then suddenly it's thumb twiddling time

I think "we" (collective mind) look at trades being made between other teams and then use that to help form trade values or re-evaluations of players as we go through this time period, and also how difficult it may be to deal with certain clubs at the trade table

Good. It's a free world.

FishGutz Jumping Jack year of the cat

Any gossip on what other trade targets we have in lieu of, or despite, Clayton Oliver?

Last edited:
An example of trade week being too long is when a team has one possible trade to complete, and the list manager is interviewed at the end of the day and are asked about said trade and they say "we didn't really talk about it".

WTF did you talk about all day then?

Which team?

And do we really think that list managers are going to say too much at the end of day one of the trade period - they know it's a long week, lots of stuff will get said behind closed doors but it's not things they're going to make public at least not too early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the go with Bailey smith??? Nothing but the sound of crickets

FishGutz Jumping Jack year of the cat

Any gossip on what other trade targets we have in lieu of, or despite, Clayton Oliver?

Absolute radio silence for me at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

FWIW I think the CO trade is dead and buried.

But it wouldn’t be that hard for MFC to come out and say “Look, Clayton and his team have come to us today and we have had some real in depth discussions about how he is feeling and where he is at. The end result is that he has asked for us to consider a trade to give him a fresh start and while this is t our preferred option, we will try to work with CO for an outcome that works for all of us.”

What’s the go with Bailey smith??? Nothing but the sound of crickets

Best come back and ask that question, at about 7:25pm on Oct 16

The parties have had discussions over recent days, but we won't hear anything until next week

While there's not a lot of noise around Geelong and additional trade targets outside of Smith, especially with the Oliver trade being shut down, the Bulldogs are definitely reported to be busier -
Players reportedly out:
  • Bailey Smith
  • Jack Macrae
  • Caleb Daniel

Trade targets in:
  • Xavier O'Halloran
  • SDK 😎
  • Holmes 😎

Another Melb club is in play with Oliver. I'm still getting told certain higher ups at Geelong don't want Oliver here 🤷‍♂️

Do you have knowledge of said club - thinking St Kilda or Richmond could be desperate to want to boost their midfield options

Have the parties met yet?

Bulldogs list manager confirmed today that they have met with Mackie and co. He indicated they want more than our first rounder but made it sound like things were moving in the right direction.

FWIW I think the CO trade is dead and buried.

But it wouldn’t be that hard for MFC to come out and say “Look, Clayton and his team have come to us today and we have had some real in depth discussions about how he is feeling and where he is at. The end result is that he has asked for us to consider a trade to give him a fresh start and while this is t our preferred option, we will try to work with CO for an outcome that works for all of us.”

Nah. There's still a bit of snow (weather) around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back