Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Another Melb club is in play with Oliver. I'm still getting told certain higher ups at Geelong don't want Oliver here 🤷‍♂️
None of that makes sense, we wouldn't have met with him if we weren't interested, they would have had to get permission from the higher ups beforehand and by all reports it was a good meeting, Melbourne have categorically shut it down so to have another club in play would make them
seem even more stupid and backtracking once again, not saying its not the info you have gotten but im highly doubting the legitimacy of it.

Last edited:
What’s the go with Bailey smith??? Nothing but the sound of crickets
Foxfooty need content for the deadline day special so don't expect it to be done until that is on the air

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark my words, the Oliver trade is still on!!!!

Geelong have left it to Oliver to force the trade and make it untenable for him to be at Melbourne next year. I really hope thst Oliver comes out early next week or even maybe next Wednesday to force Melbourne's hand.

Just listened to Mackie speak to Cal Twomey and Mack has said the following...

"It was a brief chat and thats where it sits currently" Currently.... interesting choice of words.

He goes on further...

"From Clayton's point of view, it's something he needs to work through" meaning that Clayton, the ball is your court...

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk

Another Melb club is in play with Oliver. I'm still getting told certain higher ups at Geelong don't want Oliver here 🤷‍♂️
What has transpired today after all the pleasing and reassuring comments that Oliver was staying at Demonland. In case I'm jumping at shadows...

Have nothing to do with Geelong apart from membership, and I would be disappointed if we took on that project. He is in the news for good reasons, and we should not be the club that is interested imho.

Stengle- Yes, it worked, but still there are concerns.

Mitch Clark- failed
Jack Steven- failed

Clayton Oliver- please, no thanks

Bailey Smith also gives me bad vibes.

It's not 100% based on footy, player selection that is, and the old "good character" description should be heavy in this decision making, and I get this is reflecting my age to some extent, but whoever these "higher ups " are at Geelong, I commend them.

However, I highly respect the way our administration functions, and if in their reckoning these 2 are good for us, I will buy into it.

Last edited:
Mark my words, the Oliver trade is still on!!!!

Geelong have left it to Oliver to force the trade and make it untenable for him to be at Melbourne next year. I really hope thst Oliver comes out early next week or even maybe next Wednesday to force Melbourne's hand.

Just listened to Mackie speak to Cal Twomey and Mack has said the following...

"It was a brief chat and thats where it sits currently" Currently.... interesting choice of words.

He goes on further...

"From Clayton's point of view, it's something he needs to work through" meaning that Clayton, the ball is your court...

Nah, it's dead mate. If it wasn't a push from Melbourne it's not possible

Nah, it's dead mate. If it wasn't a push from Melbourne it's not possible
It would have to be absolutely impossible to consider BOTH Smith and Oliver- is the Oliver discussion a compensation in case we can 't get Smith. I could live with not getting either of them quite happily.

For it it happen, Geelong are waiting for the push to come from Oliver.

Hoping that Oliver says to Melbourne under no circumstances am I playing for you next year. Tear up the contract and make me a cat.

Well in those circumstances Geelong wouldn't be able to make a trade happen. Melbourne has to be the one tearing up the contract or it's dead.

If the Cats are waiting for Oliver to call for a trade to them then they'll left at the altar waiting because it's not going to happen that way

It would have to be absolutely impossible to consider BOTH Smith and Oliver- is the Oliver discussion a compensation in case we can 't get Smith. I could live with not getting either of them quite happily.
I think it's possible if Melbourne were genuinely done with him and needed him gone. If that's not the case then I think it doesn't work, not just in a trade capital sense but also in the player relationship to the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back