Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

There's a lot of hate for Cornes, but he's right on this one

I think he gets a good bit of hate, purely because his KC

But there's times when you stop & listen to what he's actually saying and he's on the money - if those points were said by someone else, there'd likely be a few more nodding in agreement

But there's times when you stop & listen to what he's actually saying and he's on the money - if those points were said by someone else, there'd likely be a few more nodding in agreement
You have to watch him in long form format to appreciate KC. I'm a fan

You obviously didn’t read this forum last year when esava wanted to get to port
I absolutely did and had the exact same view.... people being idiots about it isn't limited to just other clubs, we have plenty of them here as well

He is worth the secondary selection, to be honest, but I'd like to see a later pick coming back.

17 and a r2 is fine (if we get a r5 or something back like with humphries it will do).
Future 1st should and will be off limits

He gets a fair bit of hate because he sees everything in footy as very black and white.

When he's right, he's firmly right, but when he's wrong, there's no half-measures.

If the Bulldogs want to be hero’s and play hardball over smith. I am more than comfortable telling them to get stuffed. And using our first pick on him in the national draft. A bit like Collingwood did with Luke ball for memory. We wanted to use that pick on him anyway. So the dogs don’t get it and we don’t give up any extra picks. No one will pick with before us in the first round of a strong draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Carey Baptist Grammar
3. See photo
Great verses...these are what was on Dempsey's wrist..

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Phillipians 4:13
I can do all things through him who strengthens me

Last edited:
Footscray supporters demanding he be walked to the draft.

There's at least one supporter over there who understands how it works

all the take of PSD, time for the daily reminder that if it came to it Smith would walk to the national draft. Not the PSD where nobody would go near him with a first rounder and he would get drafted to Geelong using their first

If the Bulldogs want to be hero’s and play hardball over smith. I am more than comfortable telling them to get stuffed. And using our first pick on him in the national draft. A bit like Collingwood did with Luke ball for memory. We wanted to use that pick on him anyway. So the dogs don’t get it and we don’t give up any extra picks. No one will pick with before us in the first round of a strong draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Nah bro they will be using next years first and a couple of 2nds to trade with someone for a F1 this year. Then they will redraft him just before Geelong's pick I am told 😁

Sam Power drawing a long bow citing Smiths marketability in trade negotiations
Not sure I've ever seen that lever pulled to increase a players trade value
It smacks of desperation IMO.

"Marketability" surely has zero influence in the club's desire to trade for him, or the value they would place on him in a trade. It's simply Power trying to grasp at anything he can to pump the value.

keep it to footy talk or you’ll be out of this thread and have a few weeks to think about it

I’m not kidding

Go Catters

Back to trade news....

Cats fans will be glad to know that after all Richmond supporters' crowing and gloating about getting a first rounder for Jack Graham, the Tigers have ended up with.......Pick 42 :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back