Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

And for those wondering Owies apartment asking price...

The 27 year old has met with multiple clubs, including West Coast and Gold Coast, as the trade period begins to heat up.

But some clubs have suggested he could struggle to find a home this off-season, with Owies’ asking price believed to be around $700,000-800,000 per season on a multi-year deal.

The Herald Sun understands Carlton has rebuffed that price tag and are open to retaining Owies on a cheaper deal.

😂

The 27 year old has met with multiple clubs, including West Coast and Gold Coast, as the trade period begins to heat up.

But some clubs have suggested he could struggle to find a home this off-season, with Owies’ asking price believed to be around $700,000-800,000 per season on a multi-year deal.

The Herald Sun understands Carlton has rebuffed that price tag and are open to retaining Owies on a cheaper deal.

😂

Thinks he's Stengle or Betts?

😂

He might be back playing in the Amateurs if he's not careful. No one will touch him with that price tag.

😂

Gotta love the chutzpah of his manager!

Mack must just be sitting by himself twiddling his thumbs all day waiting for Sam Power to walk past and say g’day, 😂

He’s doing that just to stay at the Blues next year i reckon.

Considering he's currently without a contract for next year, I'm not sure that's the best way to approach wanting a new deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mack must just be sitting by himself twiddling his thumbs all day waiting for Sam Power to walk past and say g’day, 😂
100%

Sam is well known to be hard on the negotiations, even the WB boys joke about not being able to get anything out of him at contract time.

In this case I do believe 100% Mack is sitting back waiting for the phone to ring.

Gee the Bulldogs board trading thread is a train wreck. Posters wanting Smith to be sent to the draft, some saying delist then re-draft him so he'll receive low wages, even dickhead Port fans saying they hope he gets sent to the PSD like they did with Nick Stevens.

Like a jilted ex-lover, the lot of them, but with a lot of deep-seated Geelong scarring.

I personally don't expect Collingwood to do much better next year, so the Pick 13 <> F1 swap would be neutral or positive for the Suns.

So it's about 23 for Noble + [possible swap in GC favour]

Not that ridiculous.

I’d have Noble valued somewhere around 40-50. He’s very limited hence the reason he’s been in and out of their side. Particularly in this draft you’d likely have access to a much more talented player.

Yep im a dickhead
Serious though, if Owies has put that price on his head he won’t be playing AFL next year. No doubt someone will offer him less but more than the Blues will offer though so can definitely see him on the move.

$700K for him is one of the funniest player prices I have seen. He does play for Carlton so he probably compares his output to some of his team mates in recent years (McGovern, Williams & Martin, yes Martin) so can see why he’s asking for that…sorta.

Serious though, if Owies has put that price on his head he won’t be playing AFL next year. No doubt someone will offer him less but more than the Blues will offer though so can definitely see him on the move.

$700K for him is one of the funniest player prices I have seen. He does play for Carlton so he probably compares his output to some of his team mates in recent years (McGovern, Williams & Martin, yes Martin) so can see why he’s asking for that…sorta.
He could get 400 maybe 500 at certain clubs desperate for small forwards but no more

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back