Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Both sides of the fence basically had this trade sewn up as that in like May on the main board thread then a bunch of brand new accounts showed up and it's ww3. Not sure what happened
Particularly funny when hasn't played since then.

The Pencil Case guy in particular is a pisser.

He's come back with a new alt after carrying on like a dickhead for months and getting banned and he thinks nobody's noticed.

Particularly funny when hasn't played since then.

The Pencil Case guy in particular is a pisser.

He's come back with a new alt after carrying on like a dickhead for months and he thinks nobody's noticed.
Who is he now? I assumed pencil case was Doggy's alt

Who is he now?
He was PurpJuice, now he's Pencil Case.

Check the top contributors of the thread, and the day his old account got banned is the same day this new account was started 🤣.

I only noticed because out of nowhere he went from posting in that thread 20 times a day to just disappearing, with a new guy taking his place making all the same arguments.

He was PurpJuice, now he's Pencil Case.

Check the top contributors of the thread, and the day his old account got banned is the same day this new account was started 🤣.

I only noticed because out of nowhere he went from posting in that thread 20 times a day to just disappearing, with a new guy taking his place making all the same arguments.
I ****ing knew it was him. Thank you for confirming my suspicions. Is it normal to have more accounts banned from one’s own team then the rest of the competition combined?

I ****ing knew it was him. Thank you for confirming my suspicions. Is it normal to have more accounts banned from one’s own team then the rest of the competition combined?
We're used to it man, as I'm sure you've seen there's a Richmond nuffie on the main board who's up to account number fifty by now.

So it not just us, you guys don't like him either?

I was wondering what happened to PurpJuice image stating a new account because the old one got suspended
It's commitment to the cause for sure.

Both Bald and yourself prove that if we all just act like adults everyone gets along fine.

Unfortunately, there's a few on both sides in that thread who never got that memo, and just go full BigFooty list manager.

Everyone knows you never go full BigFooty list manager.

We're used to it man, as I'm sure you've seen there's a Richmond nuffie on the main board who's up to account number fifty by now.

So it not just us, you guys don't like him either?
I suspect the nuffie also has a Geelong account on here too

Both peanuts, particularly Doggy. Bit of a loon that one.

The term 'ok boomer' was invented for that poster. Has all the markings of angry man who would scream at a cloud if he could. Close to the most angry/unhinged poster I've seen on this site. Others are biased, idiotic, conspiracy theorists or all of the above, but that poster...hoo boy, something seriously wrong with that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is not worth pick 17 alone or is smith worth two first rounders middle ground will be meet media are full of shit at the best of times

I agree with that. Will probably be 17 and a r2.

I think with a huge price on his head that he would get to Geelong at 17 in the draft but it won't come to that.

The term 'ok boomer' was invented for that poster. Has all the markings of angry man who would scream at a cloud if he could. Close to the most angry/unhinged poster I've seen on this site. Others are biased, idiotic, conspiracy theorists or all of the above, but that poster...hoo boy, something seriously wrong with that one.
GetDimmaBack is making a late charge at the title, but beating Doggy is like beating prime Muhammad Ali when it comes to being permanently angry.

True story, he liked one of my posts once.

I realised that I must've been saying some pretty unhinged shit if that was happening, and it was probably time for bed.

Pick 17 and a second rounder can’t really expect much then that

Woah! Careful!

If i say you're being reasonable and level headed about meeting in the middle on a Smith deal this might set off some certain Doggies lurkers who seem to get their panties in a bunch if you aren't screaming "**** him! Send him to the Draft"

Hey lads :) Hope you're enjoying your evening.

What is it with Dogs fans holding onto this like it's a win for them? I genuinley dont get how you see getting nothing for him as a win.

The Dogs dont have a contract with him, if this was any other sport your club would be out of the picture right now entirely and get nothing for him, and he'd get to Geelong. But instead the player gets to sit in this limbo for a few days while the Dogs try and make out like they didnt totally stuff up the management of this player and his contract (not the first time this has happened at your club).

No, he wont go to the draft, the AFL/AFLPA wont let it happen, thats why it hasnt happened in years. Sending players back to the draft is an anachronism for a modern professional sport. Sending him back when he has a 6 year deal on the table at Geelong that he'd happily sign totally undermines mechanisms like the salary cap, player movement and player contracts. Because what's the point in having any of that if you can just let a player come out of contract and redraft them to a rookie deal? Or he then has to sit out a year because the club redrafts him and he says no to a new deal thats forced on him? It's a potential reality the AFL wont allow to materialise because it is so embarassing, and the fact that it is still technically allowed is actually one of the most damning things about this sport.
The Doggies have every write not to make a trade and have Smith need to go into the draft if they choose to lose him for nothing.

That’s the rules and they don’t have to trade him to us.

Sure… they’d get zero for him and it would be ridiculous, but they can do it if they want.

Going the AFLPA route is like calling out to your mum when someone rightfully hangs shit in you.

Last edited:
Woah! Careful!

If i say you're being reasonable and level headed about meeting in the middle on a Smith deal this might set off some certain Doggies lurkers who seem to get their panties in a bunch if you aren't screaming "**** him! Send him to the Draft"

Hey lads :) Hope you're enjoying your evening.
i have my moments but I try not to get worked up over something I have no control over

It’s all good I got politely asked to take the discussion elsewhere so I will respect it

You’re all good and more than welcome to stay - based on what I’ve read of your contributions tonight, you haven’t crossed any line and sorry if you’ve been made to feel unwelcome

Unless otherwise thread tagged as “No Opposition Posters”, threads on our board are open to oppsition posters for contribution - all we ask is to be polite & mindful that you’re posting on an oppositiont teams board

We know that at times certain subjects can have us on edge, but when it comes to things like trade chat, I find there’s value in hearing from the other side of the coin - be it what they would want to see in return trade wise for a player on the way out or what they’re thinking is fair to pay when trading in a player

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back