Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Trade week should honestly be 3 days...And the clubs meet and negotiate prior as they literally do already.

2 weeks is more about revenue than anything.

My entire lunch break is over and all i got to listen to on the trade radio app is how amazing continental tyres are....
Spotify break down all the days content into sound bites of a few minutes each on a given topic. You can skip everything and just listen to the things that are relevant. Which is not a lot.

Screenshot_20241009_164022_Spotify.jpg

This thread and the multitude of posts without a single gun being fired, Jack Martin not worthy of the gun at this stage, is testament to that premise (there was an ESPN show called the jump that fired a cannon on every free agent signing one year which is where the gun reference comes from).

AFL just needs to somehow find a way to fill the December to January graveyard and it will be a 24/7 365(6) days a year entertainment product like the NBA.
I was wondering last night where you were.
Haven't seen you in ages. Hope you're well.

Spotify break down all the days content into sound bites of a few minutes each on a given topic. You can skip everything and just listen to the things that are relevant. Which is not a lot.

View attachment 2136285
Youre telling me... Instead of listening to continental tyre adds for 6 hours, people can listen to the same information in between in five minutes of streaming?

Channel 10 news going with Clayton still wants to be a Cat

Melbourne wants a first round pick and us to pay the whole contract.

Tell them their dreaming
If he wants to put the heat on and get outta there, he is going to have to really kick up a fuss to melbourne. Taking a backseat is going to end up with Melbourne bullying him and walking all over him with this one.

He needs to go in and say “ i am out, i dont want to be here” but to melbourne and publicy.

If he is happy to stay but prefers geelong, then melbourne arent going to budge unless its overs no other club will want to do.

If he wants out, he needs to really be brave and make a fuss

Channel 10 news going with Clayton still wants to be a Cat and the Melbourne playing group wants him out

Tell them their dreaming
It's up to Melbourne not us. If they want him gone they know what they need to do

Channel 10 news going with Clayton still wants to be a Cat and the Melbourne playing group wants him out

Tell them their dreaming
If that is what they want it explains Mackie going nope and moving on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he wants to put the heat on and get outta there, he is going to have to really kick up a fuss to melbourne. Taking a backseat is going to end up with Melbourne bullying him and walking all over him with this one.

He needs to go in and say “ i am out, i dont want to be here” but to melbourne and publicy.

If he is happy to stay but prefers geelong, then melbourne arent going to budge unless its overs no other club will want to do.

I also wouldn't put it on him. It's up to Melbourne

Not a good deal for him.

2 years, improve his value, sign again for bigger dollars or a move back home
The one year makes sense.

We want him out of the conversation for trade offers next year and he I think expects to feature heavily in the BnF and get a more substantial offer.

Man the Dees decision makers would be under insane pressure right now. Everyone there wants him gone, he wants to go, the AFL want him out of the Dees, but there is no scenario with that contract they get more than a 1st and some change. Which will outrage Melb fans and probably send the footy media into a Randy Marsh-esque styled melt when news breaks the Cats have traded a future 1st for Clayton Oliver.

Man the Dees decision makers would be under insane pressure right now. Everyone there wants him gone, he wants to go, the AFL want him out of the Dees, but there is no scenario with that contract they get more than a 1st and some change. Which will outrage Melb fans and probably send the footy media into a Randy Marsh-esque styled melt when news breaks the Cats have traded a future 1st for Clayton Oliver.
We won't use a first unless Melb are paying half that contract or close to it

Speaking of the relevance of trade period, should i go a continental tyre?? Im due for a full tyre change soon
A lot of the bullshit media reps reporting on the trade period could have been prevented with a good rubber…

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back