Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

To give the Dees fans some credit they haven’t come in here sulking and bitching about it all

They have, however, followed their leader and relentlessly shit canned him as a fat, lazy loser in poor form, they want to rid themselves of. So we might be their saviour, explaining no trolling.
Except for one who gave me the red down thumb, proving they can read more than a Ski Trail map.

Dee’s doing this knowing they have a F1 coming back in return for Oliver perhaps?

They tend to trade their future 1sts most years so probably not.
Thus year its bold though they could seriously implode next year and it turns out they gave up p5. I wouldn't have done it if I was them.

I personally think the Oliver deal is dead but we will see.

Hopefully we see some more movement tomorrow to liven things up. If 9 goes to North you assume gc will trade 13 to either nm or coll (unless north split p2 once Richmond get 6 and 10). Although some pick trades won't happen till draft night and the big player trades probably don't happen till the last hour on wed

Why do the Bombers do that deal? Melbourne might be a cultural cesspit but I mean it will be pretty hard for them to finish lower next year, I can't see Richmond, WC or North finishing ahead of them, so best case they trade 9 this year for 4 next year but Bombers holding all the risk on Melbourne potentially bouncing and playing finals and ending up with a terrible pick.

If you are a shit team like the Bombers you kind of want to improve NOW, not push your pick into next year.

Ess think that kako will get bid before 9 (maybe melb told them they will bid at 5) so they want to trade it out plus grab points. But I would have done the trade live on the night as I reckon there's an even chance he gets past 9.

I suppose if he does get bid at say p7 and they match they can always then live trade back in at 10 if they want using futures.

Every single Dogs fan I know would rather see him go to the draft than get unders for him. We may lose this time but not long term. We don’t want to be pushed around by wealthy clubs anymore. He hasn’t even got to free agency and we feel we are being screwed by the AFL and the wealthy clubs who are also throughout the media. He is a young gun with 10 years left in the game. But he is an extremely immature narcissist easily lead by money and fame, not necessarily football history.
How do you prove anything by taking nothing when he gets where he wants to go anyway?

Doesn't stop anyone getting pushed around... If anything all it proves is sides don't have to bend to stupid demands as they'll get the player anyway

Honestly the insistence people have that they'll be happy to lose a player for nothing when they could get something is the dumbest of dumb footy fan logic

Absolutely no discussion on Oliver anymore?
Reported hours ago from the trade whisperer, the trade is off and Oliver will commit.
Unless that’s a bad source not sure but where has the Oliver chat gone?
That Trade Whisperer flog on the tweet? That's literally one of the worst sources there is

LOL... Yeah I stopped at noon... Lunch was being served.
Priorities... lol

You are asking too early.

You need to wait for more rumours.
And then they will say either

a) I haven't heard much, but thats not my mail at all. He still wants out but the deal may be too difficult (der)
b) we are still into him no matter what anyone says
c) there were some land purchases on the weekend. I wonder who that was? Hint, hint.

In effect, committing to zero but keeping up the charade that they know stuff.
More than happy to verify that Jumping Jack knows people on the inside. I could nearly guess who he talks to but it takes away the fun doesn’t it ? Have you noticed that he has written nothing since Friday. Some of the posters in here are really accurate with their stuff and they probably get it from a few different avenues. I think their contributions add good value to our chat as Geelong supporters. I’m annoyed when they say they are hesitant to post. I think my favourite is the musing of Turbocat but I think about four others are most definitely “in the know”. Oh and Butters has most definetly bought property between Geelong and Bacchus Marsh, his father is thrilled that soon enough he will come home and if Hinkley were to leave now, Zack would too.

Ess think that kako will get bid before 9 (maybe melb told them they will bid at 5) so they want to trade it out plus grab points. But I would have done the trade live on the night as I reckon there's an even chance he gets past 9.

I suppose if he does get bid at say p7 and they match they can always then live trade back in at 10 if they want using futures.
I want expecting an early kako bid. Good player but academy kids slide. Maybe it's because he was gettable early before the rule change so clubs did the work on him?

So now that St Kilda have pulled out of Soldo do you think we have a look. Obviously has some concerns over knees etc and he has obviously burnt his bridges at Port but do we have a look at nothing more than a 3rd rounder ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got laughed at on the trade board by an Essendon supporter but you can always run the gauntlet and if there is a bid before pick 9 just let them go and pick someone else instead. Clubs can get pretty fast and loose when they think they are getting an academy kid cheap. Yeah there is a nice shiny discount available but it might not always be beneficial to try and take advantage of it. What they are doing can still blow up in their face.

So now that St Kilda have pulled out of Soldo do you think we have a look. Obviously has some concerns over knees etc and he has obviously burnt his bridges at Port but do we have a look at nothing more than a 3rd rounder ?

Port would want more than a 3rd round pick

I like the comment of "didn't fail the medical per se" considering it was well reported late last week that he hadn't even undergone a medical

Happy to pass on him

Seems a number of Bulldogs fans happy with this update as they're more than happy to keep Macrae and keep paying him stupid money to play VFL

Macrae is only on 667k? That's not an awful contract. What hurts is him playing on the wing. Tough question really because it's not really a cap issue, just that he's going to be in the vfl a lot.

I would 100% push for more for macrae. He'll add a lot at the saints i think.

Getting late in the game to have any new players being discussed. But if Oliver is staying, and saints can’t find a deal for Macrae could we up our offer to the dogs if Macrae is included. Not as exciting as getting Oliver but we do need to find some more mids.

Getting late in the game to have any new players being discussed. But if Oliver is staying, and saints can’t find a deal for Macrae could we up our offer to the dogs if Macrae is included. Not as exciting as getting Oliver but we do need to find some more mids.
If we aren't trading in Oliver using our future first I am a little surprised that we haven't been in these discussions for Pick 13 from Gold Coast using our future first although I suppose if we got it we would probably have to hand it over for Smith. With clubs being able to trade 2 years in advance from next year we wouldn't have a shortage of picks if we needed them next year.

This one sounds a little more complicated so I might just steer the ship away from that harbour

Lets say Macrae is on 820k per year over the next three years

They draft a player on a base wage for 150k per year at the end of the national draft to fill up that spot. Then the saving per year is the difference between the two. 670k per year

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back