Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Bailey hasn’t won a premiership with us
My apologies, you're right. I was thinking of the 2021 GF, which the Bulldogs lost to Melb. He helped your team reach a grand final, and then to turn around and treat him like this is so shitty. This is the Beveridge culture in action.

I think If we do go all out in getting Smith and Oliver we should get Stringer as well. Would come cheap and we need to replace Hawk.
The club hate Stringer after he pissed a lot of people off during his last visit, he will never be a Geelong player

What do you mean you could go on? Do you think our list is in good shape once our veterans all call time?
sighs

This is really coming across like a troll post, you can’t even get the coach name right and claiming that the list is in for a long rebuild when we had just played in the prem with the youngest list we have had in nearly 10 years.

Trying to give the benefit of doubt but it’s not a good start

Hey guy, long time reader and first time poster. I created this account to post my thoughts. I feel like I am the only one worried about Tasmania coming in and us chasing after Baley Smith and Oliver. I’m worried we will fall like Richmond or Collingwood if we get these players. Oliver is a good player when he is healthy but has questionable skills. Bailey Smith is an over rated player with bad skills and is too busy looking at himself in the mirror. Both players have had their issues with illicit drugs and I’m just worried they would be a bad influence on the young ones who are easily persuaded like Tanner Bruhn and Coutney Dempsey.

This is supposedly the super draft with talent that bats off deep into the draft. Shouldn’t we be keeping our first pick or trying to get more draft picks before tassie come in. With Dangerfield, Stewart, Cameron, Dunc, Touie, Blicslavs, Stanley, and Guthrie all potentially retiring next year I think we need to start getting Youth in.

I would much rather spend our first pick on a young good player like Finn Ossulivan, Jager Smith or Dan Frazzle.

Also how long does Brad Scott stick around for?? Will he do a Hardwick and go off to Brisbane like the media were reporting earlier in the year? He has done a great job but it’s hard to stay motivated when you have to start a long rebuild.

Anyway I’ve had a few wines tonight and could just be losing it. Maybe someone will help straighten me out or help me not feel as nervous for our future.

Courage Greg

If you are serious …. how do we get the picks required to get OSullivan or JSmith …

If we had a pick ..lets say P4 … than we would take that to draft and get BSmith thru another means. But we have 17 ..which will become 20 ish on draft night.

They way we draft and trade is trying to maximise the draft capital one gets from finishing high and utilise the attraction we have for play no types that give one instant punch to the side…. just as we did with Danger.

We have sevral young players on the list ..some playing , some in development … OHenry.Bruhn were both top 20 picks Dempsey is a rising star. Holmes our B&F winner... what our side need to reinforces its next 5 years is middle 20 play now talent of a significant standard.

Who is Dan Frazzle?

Hey guy, long time reader and first time poster. I created this account to post my thoughts. I feel like I am the only one worried about Tasmania coming in and us chasing after Baley Smith and Oliver. I’m worried we will fall like Richmond or Collingwood if we get these players. Oliver is a good player when he is healthy but has questionable skills. Bailey Smith is an over rated player with bad skills and is too busy looking at himself in the mirror. Both players have had their issues with illicit drugs and I’m just worried they would be a bad influence on the young ones who are easily persuaded like Tanner Bruhn and Coutney Dempsey.

This is supposedly the super draft with talent that bats off deep into the draft. Shouldn’t we be keeping our first pick or trying to get more draft picks before tassie come in. With Dangerfield, Stewart, Cameron, Dunc, Touie, Blicslavs, Stanley, and Guthrie all potentially retiring next year I think we need to start getting Youth in.

I would much rather spend our first pick on a young good player like Finn Ossulivan, Jager Smith or Dan Frazzle.

Also how long does Brad Scott stick around for?? Will he do a Hardwick and go off to Brisbane like the media were reporting earlier in the year? He has done a great job but it’s hard to stay motivated when you have to start a long rebuild.

Anyway I’ve had a few wines tonight and could just be losing it. Maybe someone will help straighten me out or help me not feel as nervous for our future.

Courage Greg

Hi Greg thanks for dropping by.

I don't think there's any way imaginable we'd get a Finn O'Sullivan, Jagga Smith, or anyone that changes the game much for us more than Smith would. Bulldogs lose a bit on exchange which always happens. Best available for us there is probably Taj Hotton.

Also interesting you mention that we should go the youth route when we've already been on that road for a few years and it and to be paying off.

I think the worst case scenario for us is becoming North Melbourne after they dropped 1300 games experience. Their problem wasn't so much not having good kids, their problem was they couldn't attract external talent to grow with them and instead kept adding kids who in turn needed more direction and coaching. We have added kids, we need to add the big guns.

Heard he threw a tv out of the montage
You know how you mentioned how we've probably got a Richmond nuff on here somewhere with an alt? I think we may have found him.

Piss poor really. You at least have to pretend you know what you're talking about. It sells the facade.

I mean, I'm a Hawthorn supporter, but I spend enough time here that idiots think I actually support this club.

It's all part of the act.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know how you mentioned how we've probably got a Richmond nuff on here somewhere with an alt? I think we may have found him.

Piss poor really. You at least have to pretend you know what you're talking about. It sells the facade.

I mean, I'm a Hawthorn supporter, but I spend enough time here that idiots think I actually support this club.

It's all part of the act.
You're a Hawks supporter? I thought we were all secret port adelaide supporters.

Narkle looks every bit the footballer he did a few years ago. Not on the field though, just the photos.

You're a Hawks supporter? I thought we were all secret port adelaide supporters.

Narkle looks every bit the footballer he did a few years ago. Not on the field though, just the photos.
I chop and change, but I like supporting the greatest evils mankind has ever faced. It's kinda like my kink.

Genghis Khan, Pot, Mao, Stalin, H!tler, Brereton, they're all on my wall.

I thought everyone did that?

I chop and change, but I like supporting the greatest evils mankind has ever faced. It's kinda like my kink.

Genghis Khan, Pot, Mao, Stalin, H!tler, Brereton, they're all on my wall.

I thought everyone did that?
I prefer following flawed heroes that I relate to through their organisational incompetence. Ken Oath!

Courage Greg

3/10 attempt

The point of the troll post is to be believable

It got deleted? Lame

2/10 effort there. I’m heading back to the Tigers board where the CFL and sHocking can’t hurt me anymore.

Peace ✌️

Correct that the thread was cleaned up a little

Normal procedure when a post is deleted is that subsequent posts which quote it are also deleted

It's also pretty clear we've ventured a bit off the trade discussion track - cleaning up helps stop that venturing further into unnecessary territory

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

Correct that the thread was cleaned up a little

Normal procedure when a post is deleted is that subsequent posts which quote it are also deleted

It's also pretty clear we've ventured a bit off the trade discussion track - cleaning up helps stop that venturing further into unnecessary territory
Don't worry, I'll help get us back.

WE'RE GETTING JOEL HAMLING

(clears throat)

AND A MYSTERY MID

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back