Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

You are asking too early.

You need to wait for more rumours.
And then they will say either

a) I haven't heard much, but thats not my mail at all. He still wants out but the deal may be too difficult (der)
b) we are still into him no matter what anyone says
c) there were some land purchases on the weekend. I wonder who that was? Hint, hint.

In effect, committing to zero but keeping up the charade that they know stuff.

Yeah that’s exactly what I do. I’m clueless and get off on keeping up a charade to strangers that I know stuff. It’s my kink.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nope, no updates for me yet. Still believe Oliver wants out but the lack of noise means I think we miss out unless there’s a play today.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There will have to have been one hell of a frank, contrite and forgiving discussion you'd think for Oliver to stay put.

I think if Oliver wanted out of the Dees bad enough he could go scorched earth and force their hand.

Maybe that’s still in play but perhaps Connors is working away behind the scenes trying to get something done quietly before the “scorched earth” strat becomes his only option.

Maybe CO doesn’t want out as bad as we hope and he is content staying if nothing eventuates.

We will find out soon enough.

They hold the whip hand. Could have just been, “you’re staying”
Meh

Let them eat that contract with a player that clearly not thriving in their culture…it’ll backfire on them big time and they’ll have to do a fire sale either this year or in the next 2 years

Clarry will leave eventually he will have to for his own sake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole Oliver thing has been based on whats said by the media, not once has anyone from Olivers camp stated that he wanted to leave, i actually dont believe that he is even looking to leave, he has said he wanted to stay before all media shit went into overdrive, now all the media has gone quiet because they got the story they were looking for, as Mackie said lets put it to bed.

If we get Smith but not Oliver, are we looking to draft another senior midfielder in view of our struggles in the midfield this year? Smith might take a while to get going again.

The whole Oliver thing has been based on whats said by the media, not once has anyone from Olivers camp stated that he wanted to leave, i actually dont believe that he is even looking to leave, he has said he wanted to stay before all media shit went into overdrive, now all the media has gone quiet because they got the story they were looking for, as Mackie said lets put it to bed.

I don't remember seeing any affirmative Oliver statement, just Melbs posturing. They're going to hang on for grim death, flat midfield and tons of money/cap space. Silence is damning, and Mackie inscrutable, giving them respect while acknowledging farm visit (which speaks volumes without the media) . But with Danger as his stable mate, and Shannon Byrnes a link, the ties are still vaguely in play. Bring on a yay or a nay.

It wasn't a hologram that appeared on Rhys Stanley's property

If we get Smith but not Oliver, are we looking to draft another senior midfielder in view of our struggles in the midfield this year? Smith might take a while to get going again.
No. Generally speaking, the days of last-minute player trades are well and truly behind us - most deals are now years in the making.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back