Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

I only update myself on the draft looking at this Geel thread

But has Houston actually nominated a preferred club yet

And it wont be in the last hour when things get done , it will be in the last 15 minutes

My understanding is that he hasn't directly nominated a club as he was somewhat open to where he's traded and wanted Port to have some flexibility with the trade

But I believe that he's ruled out North & Melbourne as options, with Collingwood or Carlton in the box seat

No I haven't. I didn't touch your post.
day 1 vs date 1.

Dunno why they felt the need to point it out - it makes no material difference to their outdated, irrelevant point.

Season 3 Baseball GIF by The Simpsons

Zero chance we do it to him.
Zero

The guy isn't a pick 60 type. If he improves us immediately. You trade.
What amazes me is that the dogs have nothing to use as bait for any other deal. They are shooting themselves in the foot.
I honestly think there is a serious chance that Bailey Smith will get picked up in the draft.. And Smith Management are understanding that this is a serious chance and are confident that if it does they will still end up Geelong

I'm inclinded to think a deal will be done for Smith in the end. It would be madness for the Dogs to let him go for nothing. They may not get the picks they wanted, but at least they'll get a decent pick in the top 30.

Evidence points to the contrary. Have a look please.

And I'm not saying that you did it on purpose either.

I have to ask, though I daresay I'll demonstrate my naivety......

How does someone edit another's post?

I've always thought a person's post was untouchable by anyone else?

The only club in the draft that worries me selecting Smith is Richmond.
Could have 5-6 picks inside 20 and see him as a mature age mid to help their rebuild. Back themselves as a big Melbourne club to placate his ego and stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will add 38 and take a late pick back the other way on Wednesday night I think. But if that's not enough for power we will take him in the draft.

Yes .. I think the 38 for 48 pick slide ..keeps the future untouched… and lets them save a little bit of face… but if they say no to that then on their head be it...

Forget Soldo - knee issues and attitude questionable. I wonder, given the poor state of Conway’s feet, would they look at the Southport captain, Crossley, a 25 year old ruckman. Bridge player as we gamble on Conways fitness and Mitch Edward’s developing.

day 1 vs date 1.

Dunno why they felt the need to point it out - it makes no material difference to their outdated, irrelevant point.

Season 3 Baseball GIF by The Simpsons
I didn't realise that I was a they my passive aggressive little friend.

The story of Jesus will never be outdated. It was here before you and it will be here long after you.

Nah it's pretty easy to do if you want to dude. Not a nice thing though.

I'm inclinded to think a deal will be done for Smith in the end. It would be madness for the Dogs to let him go for nothing. They may not get the picks they wanted, but at least they'll get a decent pick in the top 30.

I am sure we will throw in a later pick to save some face for the Dogs.

I am not worried about this deal.

It will happen and won’t involve next year’s first. Anything else on the picks side would be fine by me.

Evidence points to the contrary. Have a look please.

And I'm not saying that you did it on purpose either.
Erm, you could have edited yours? IDK, I can't see the edit history of others.

Anyway, I think we can agree that whatever it is, it matters not. I doubt either of us did it deliberately. I'm not petty enough to do that for internet points.

You can't, but what you can do is edit the quote. See below:

I secretly barracked for Hawthorn in the 2008 Grand Final.

Forget Soldo - knee issues and attitude questionable. I wonder, given the poor state of Conway’s feet, would they look at the Southport captain, Crossley, a 25 year old ruckman. Bridge player as we gamble on Conways fitness and Mitch Edward’s developing.
Doesn't look like the type we go for... but i've said that about other players we have drafted, and so i don't really know.

The only club in the draft that worries me selecting Smith is Richmond.
Could have 5-6 picks inside 20 and see him as a mature age mid to help their rebuild. Back themselves as a big Melbourne club to placate his ego and stay.
They're a side i have absolute confidence won't select him. Yze is yet to win over that playing group and they are about to bring a whole new generation of impressionable teenage kids. They absolutely are not going to bring in a highly paid, recognisable name who does not want to be there and isn't about to buy into Yze's message.

Leadership is hard enough without voices that undermine you.

I think you can put a line through pretty much every side except the pies and even then they need to get 13 and miss on Houston at the same time.

Erm, you could have edited yours? IDK, I can't see the edit history of others.

Anyway, I think we can agree that whatever it is, it matters not. I doubt either of us did it deliberately. I'm not petty enough to do that for internet points.
Shame on you for accusing me of that!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back