Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Forget Soldo - knee issues and attitude questionable. I wonder, given the poor state of Conway’s feet, would they look at the Southport captain, Crossley, a 25 year old ruckman. Bridge player as we gamble on Conways fitness and Mitch Edward’s developing.
Honestly, I really want him because he ticks the boxes I want to tick with a backup ruckman:
  • Happy to play VFL for 20 weeks of the year
  • Will play for minimum AFL wage
  • Can match AFL players in ruck contests
  • Costs near zero in draft capital
  • Leadership in the twos
  • Most of all - durable
Yes, I know he'll get beaten for fitness around the ground, he'll never be an AFL ruck. But that's not what we need right now - what we need is someone who can come in for six weeks when Conway steps on a rake, and then the odd week here and there to manage workload.

I have to ask, though I daresay I'll demonstrate my naivety......

How does someone edit another's post?

I've always thought a person's post was untouchable by anyone else?

With superpowers that come with wearing a darkblue tracksuit…

An easy way to tell if a post has been edited is that it comes up with an additional time stamp to say it’s been edited - unless you have superpowers and tick “edit silently”

But those superpowers are limited in their reach

Honestly, I really want him because he ticks the boxes I want to tick with a backup ruckman:
  • Happy to play VFL for 20 weeks of the year
  • Will play for minimum AFL wage
  • Can match AFL players in ruck contests
  • Costs near zero in draft capital
  • Leadership in the twos
  • Most of all - durable
Yes, I know he'll get beaten for fitness around the ground, he'll never be an AFL ruck. But that's not what we need right now - what we need is someone who can come in for six weeks when Conway steps on a rake, and then the odd week here and there to manage workload.

He was impressive on Trade Radio. Get the feeling he woudl like a shot at redemption as he was not ready for it when he was on the GC list….

and ball in hand he is actually a good kick. The issue is mobility and fitness …but if someone could sot of give him a mummy type treatment then he could be a someone who could give other players a rest. I think we need to stop relying on Blitz ..he is 34 ..so unless the club are confident that Conway and Edwards have it covered.. we probably need to add someone.

Would he be a dfa?

Really hope GC take him as a SSP in February for maximum Richmond melts. I mean any compo would be a token pick now anyway but to wait until Richmond wouldn't get anything would twist the knife some more.
Don't think he'd net a compo pick regardless but it would be fun spreading the fiction they were robbed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who is the better player…Jaques or Hastie ..?

Good question. Without seeing much of them, Hastie looked to be the better kick but Jaques is superior overhead. Hastie maybr has him a bit for pace? But that's really off a small sample so happy to be corrected.

Good question. Without seeing much of them, Hastie looked to be the better kick but Jaques is superior overhead. Hastie maybr has him a bit for pace? But that's really off a small sample so happy to be corrected.

I see Hastie still is OOC in 2025 …so id bet we keep an eye on him… Jaques got mentioned by one of the kids interviewed on trade radio … probably a good sign that his talent stood out (Toby Travgillia I think)

would look good in hoops…..

Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 10.31.34 PM.png

Last edited:
I see Hastie still is OOC in 2025 …so id bet we keep an eye on him… Jaques got mentioned by one of the kids interviewed on trade radio … probably a good sign that his talent stood out (Toby Travgillia I think)

Personally I’d take him with our second pick and then use the next 2 picks on a couple of speculative talls.

Personally I’d take him with our second pick and then use the next 2 picks on a couple of speculative talls.

Just checking up on Cadman's contract status, for some reason, I thought he was due end of next year but he is a non free agent end of 26.
I know there have been a few rumors circulating that he would be an ideal target but one would think he is about to explode in a very big way making it a nightmare to poach him from the Giants.

With superpowers that come with wearing a darkblue tracksuit…

An easy way to tell if a post has been edited is that it comes up with an additional time stamp to say it’s been edited - unless you have superpowers and tick “edit silently”

But those superpowers are limited in their reach

How do they 'sign in' to someone's post to edit it though???

God I'm feeling dumb right now.

It's kinda like AI around here right now. Just don't know what to believe anymore.

That someone's post can be so easily manipulated is....... I'm speechless.

How do they 'sign in' to someone's post to edit it though???

God I'm feeling horny right now.

It's kinda like AI around here right now. Just don't know what to believe anymore.

That someone's post can be so easily changed is....... I'm aroused.
Easy to do.

and good for u

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back