Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

So...
I hear that SDK was mentioned this morning. SEN?? Trade radio?? not sure.. I think.
Said it b4 as i have heard it more than once.
Would not surprise me if TDK & SDK will be playing up north a lot sooner than some folk think.
Talk of a massive 1.5mil per for SDK from a northern club is a little alarming but not surprising.
More so in price not that they are coming for him.
That figure wouldn't even be matched by us IMO.
SDK is OOC end of next season.
TDK a RFA end of next season.
Does the club offer a massive contract to sign SDK long term or do they cash in prior coming OOC?
Is there a twist coming this afternoon, a curve ball no one sees coming??
FookNose.
On another note. Was told in walking the dog this morning.
Anyone heard or hear about an inquiry we might have in Carlton's Jack Carroll??
Hearing we may have asked... just in passing so to speak.
We may have asked about DGB from the Hawks. Weird? Yes indeed?
Same person said we'd shut down talk (like immediately) of Freddie Krueger walking back to KP.
All bridges were burnt on departure was what i gathered.
So... Are we... looking around for some tall back men.
Smoke = Fire ??
On a more optimistic front.
I have all my toes fingers crossed for a Clarry trade.
My mate said. Never say Never. His manager is a RUNT that loves to win. I mean LOVES it.
Yeah Yeah i no i no... It's a long shot. But so was Kiwi and Prince of Penzance.
IMO he will have the biggest influence on where we head in 2025-26-27
Jack Martin is 2nd. With BS the 3rd.
Ok Folks enjoy the day.
Looking forward to some happy posts tonight!!
Just remember whatever happens.
We are Geelong.
The Greatest Team of All.
We march on. Head on into 2025.
With September glory in our sights... Again. As always.
Cheers!

10,11 and 18 for Bolton, pick 14 and a future 3rd

Suns, Freo , West Coast … all seem to be paying heavy based on … “dont worry we will get you here”..

I think thats crazy. He is not that good. A future R3 … whats that ..the nerdy mate you keep in the group to make you look good?

Just working through if the Dees give us an R1 or F1 to take him off their hands.
Pert, Goodwin and Green have all switched their phones off. Oliver is being held against his will. He's not been seen in public for over a week and Connors has filed a missing persons report with Victoria Police.

AFL Integrity Office has been called in to investigate.

More to come.....................

A lot of ill feeling towards Geelong FC by Bulldogs supporters, One posters says:

"My level of pettiness is beyond reasonable.
Id send (Smith) to the draft, make sure we get a pick before Geelong and draft him."

It's not like we have a better pick to offer than 17, and its not like WB have successfully chased players from other cubs, e.g., Tom Boyd

I presume you are referring to 2 R1 picks in 4 years …. What ever has been is about to change. If clubs are allowed to trade two years into the future… then there is going to be an inflationary affect … Suddenly every second half decent player is going to be worth three R1 picks… If Cameron cost three R1 picks ..then Harley Reid may be four R1 picks ..which sounds insane. How many picks would the Crows have wanted for Danger?

Next year. Butters three R1 picks? We have not drafted this year ..so that 4 years and no R1.

That inflationary affect might be the straw that returns the meta towards the draft

A lot of ill feeling towards Geelong FC by Bulldogs supporters, One posters says:

"My level of pettiness is beyond reasonable.
Id send (Smith) to the draft, make sure we get a pick before Geelong and draft him."

It's not like we have a better pick to offer than 17, and its not like WB have successfully chased players from other cubs, e.g., Tom Boyd

I hope they do that... it would certainly show us

Last edited:
So this WC list manager was at Richmond.
Was that his face after throwing away P3.

Girl Smile GIF

I agree.

Smith should be a nice addition to the team but I think he is a tad overrated.

The reality is he was never really a true mid at the Dogs (more an outside runner/receiver) and ended up banished to a forward flank (poor coaching though imo) + he is coming of a full year off and meh form prior to that.

People thinking he is gonna come in and dominate in the middle of the ground might end up a tad disappointed.

I don't think many have watched him regularly. He's a very good player but I feel most are referencing the 21' finals series where he really shone.

Hopefully he can get back to that level when played in the right position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pert, Goodwin and Green have all switched their phones off. Oliver is being held against his will. He's not been seen in public for over a week and Connors has filed a missing persons report with Victoria Police.

AFL Integrity Office has been called in to investigate.

More to come.....................
I'm so lost in the trade conspiracies I cannot tell satire from reality any more.

So...
I hear that SDK was mentioned this morning. SEN?? Trade radio?? not sure.. I think.
Would not surprise me if TDK & SDK will be playing up north a lot sooner than some folk think.
Talk of a massive 1.5mil per for SDK from a northern club is a little alarming but not surprising.
Does the club offer a massive contract to sign SDK long term or do they cash in prior coming OOC?
FookNose.
Same person said we'd shut down talk (like immediately) of Freddie Krueger walking back to KP.
Smoke = Fire ??
My mate said. Never say Never. His manager is a RUNT that loves to win. I mean LOVES it.
Yeah Yeah i no i no... It's a long shot. But so was Kiwi and Prince of Penzance.
Ok Folks enjoy the day.
We are Geelong.
Cheers!

IF Carlton want to offer us pick 3 for SDK, I'll happily sign the paperwork on Mackie's behalf

And if it helps them, we can take Pittonet off their hands as the steak knives in the deal

So...
FookNose.
Smoke = Fire ??
Ok Folks enjoy the day.
We are Geelong.
Cheers!

If one thing is clear from this trade period . Keep your players contracted.

Like with kelly ..I have the feeling we are trying to datum shift the trading point. If we honestly think Smith gets to us at 17 ..and we let it run like a cut cat thru to the draft… then next year ..you can bet other clubs will be willing to look at what we are doing. It will also mean if we try to deal with contracted players get ready to pay. eg Butters..

Wern't we rumoured at having a sniff a kid called Draper at Freo?

I think we can add some athletic talls that might be developed just as we have with Sam Dek. Our list looks thin. Yes we have COS but it would not surprise if we add someone else ..like a FloydB or a Stmpff and just train them as a Blitz type replacement.

That's the thing, some Bulldogs fans don't think they've got a salary cap squeeze at all and moving on too many players could make it harder to reach the minimum payment threshold

Moving on Daniel & Macrae may force a few contracts to be restructured
It'd still be a good thing for any potential chase for Butters (or any other target) in the future.

I presume you are referring to 2 R1 picks in 4 years …. What ever has been is about to change. If clubs are allowed to trade two years into the future… then there is going to be an inflationary affect … Suddenly every second half decent player is going to be worth three R1 picks… If Cameron cost three R1 picks ..then Harley Reid may be four R1 picks ..which sounds insane. How many picks would the Crows have wanted for Danger?

Next year. Butters three R1 picks? We have not drafted this year ..so that 4 years and no R1.
Yes, but wouldn’t it be 2025 1st, 2027 1st, 2029 1st as an example unless you are trading back into the 1st round.

We could get funky stuff like this:

The Los Angeles Clippers reportedly reached an agreement Saturday to acquire All-Star forward Paul George from the Oklahoma City Thunder for forward Danilo Gallinari, guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and a massive haul of draft picks, including five first-round selections.

Meanwhile, OKC's haul of draft assets includes L.A.'s unprotected first-round picks in 2022, 2024 and 2026, along with 2021 (unprotected) and 2023 (protected) first-round selections via the Miami Heat and the option to swap picks with the Thunder in 2023 and 2025, according to the ESPN report.

That inflationary affect might be the straw that returns the meta towards the draft

Maybe.

I think the draft has lost its power due to the dilution thru Father Son, Academy , Nga and especially Free Agency comp. ….. then add that the days of expected loyalty are done. Bottom clubs that are not big clubs will struggle to hold players
You can see Gold Coast are just going flat stick to improve “now” cause if they don't then they will lose players..

If one thing is clear from this trade period . Keep your players contracted.
The long term contracts are often ridiculed, but this is a clear benefit to the clubs. There's no way Richmond would be getting 10 and 11 for Bolton, or 6 and 23 for Rioli if they were out of contract.

Which is why the Houston trade was so bad for Port considering he has achieved more than either of those and had 3 years to run on his contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back