Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Draft and Trade Period Key Dates​

Oct 17 to Nov 8: Pick swap window
Nov 1 to Nov 8: Delisted free agency period
Nov 20-21: Telstra AFL Draft
Nov 22: Telstra Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft

Do you think the coaches may have liked what they saw from De Koning during the brief time he played in the ruck?
If so, they may have plans to make the transition to that part of the ground.

With Edwards and Conway in the wings, Stanley as ample backup, do we really need another ruckman?

Stanley won't play much vfl he will get the final year cellar thing (play afl or get rested won't play much vfl)
Edwards is very raw and will probably start mainly as a fwd in the vfl
And Conway will need a lot of managing
So there's room for another ruck imo

I do think the coaches might like de koning there but we will see. He is going to need to bulk up a lot and develop his ruck craft to play the no1 role each week. And it's a big risk a key player getting injured playing that position.

Can anyone make sense of list spots we have?
Surely there’s something up their sleeve other than Martin as a DFA

Doesn’t make much sense to me, although I haven’t spent too much time thinking about it
I'm with you, given we only have late picks in the draft, I just can't see how we can replace all the lost players. I would hate to think we will throw away future draft picks to get back into this year's draft. It's a vicious cycle.

How big is he? Height weight approx

Woah.

We can't be asking sensitive questions about things like weight in a professional sport!

It's not as if it's a sport where weight correlates to the ability to run, exert physical pressure, withstand physical pressure, and hold your ground etc......

There are sensitivities to protect here. Frankly, I'm surprised we're still allowed to discuss height. I mean, what relevance does that have?!!

No, leave them alone. All of you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back