GFL U/18's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

since nobody is posting anything ill just say that this year for home games newtown's 18, reserves and seniors are going for the old heritage style and wearing red shorts.
not sure what its going to look like but i guess its something different.
also newtowns number 1 ruckman tom martin is out for the first few weeks with o.p. this is obviously a big loss for the team but luckily have players to fill his spot.
this weeks praccy with north shore ins and outs for newtown:
ins:
nick scott
cam gook
outs:
matt lintini ( ??? )
dylan aylmer (injured)
tom martin (injured)

who are the players that could replace your big ruckman???

dave nye and dan evens who are both very good players and ruckman. dave would play as an extra onballer but i would back him to win nearly every tap while his in there as he did last year while he was bottom age playing against the better ruckman of the comp. we were planning to play him at CHB this year but with the injury to tom will have to play in the ruck also. dan evans is a really good player and should also win every tap but will play most of his footy at CHF. cam gook could go for a run in there also just to give these two a rest.

oooh seeing hilly in red shorts is not something im looking forward to. :rolleyes:

With regards to Tom Martin, it's probably my fault that the groin flared up as i made him play soccer for Kardinia against those APS ****ers Geelong College/Grammar and Melbourne Grammar. Did a good job though, his fitness is unquestionable coming up to the start of the season now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips For This Saturday

Grovedale Vs St Marys
Grovedale by 12 pts

Geelong West St Peters Vs Leopold
Leopold by 8pts

Sth Barwon Vs Newtown
Sth Barwon by 50pts

Lara Vs St Albans
Lara by 25pts

Nth Shore vs St Joseph's
St Josephs by 3pts

Colac Vs Bell Park
Colac by 6pts

well i can tell u this, i was down at colac watching the newtown north shore game and colacs ground is looking as good as ever. and also alex hill for newtown had another very impressive game he even snagged a ripper of a goal.

well i can tell u this, i was down at colac watching the newtown north shore game and colacs ground is looking as good as ever. and also alex hill for newtown had another very impressive game he even snagged a ripper of a goal.

hillys goal= sh*t........
on the goal line and still nearly stuffed up. but yes the colac ground was very nice and good to play on. also colac couldnt fill a side because they were trying about 8 players in their seniors and reserves, so they are not struggling for numbers. so after this news im guessing they will be up there again this year.

Tips For This Saturday

Grovedale Vs St Marys
Grovedale by 25

Geelong West St Peters Vs Leopold
Leopold by 20

Sth Barwon Vs Newtown
Sth Barwon by 50pts

Lara Vs St Albans
Lara by 18

Nth Shore vs St Joseph's
St Josephs by 40 points

Colac Vs Bell Park
Colac by 2

hillys goal= sh*t........
on the goal line and still nearly stuffed up. but yes the colac ground was very nice and good to play on. also colac couldnt fill a side because they were trying about 8 players in their seniors and reserves, so they are not struggling for numbers. so after this news im guessing they will be up there again this year.

Not sure where you get the idea that Colac could not field a side, speaking with some up there they had last weekend off, as all playes where informed several weeks ago as this would be a rest weekend.

Several played in the seniors some went back to watch their old local clubs play, just a bit of a freshener. Heard they had a very hard session last Thursday, as this was their only run for the week trained them hard.

Ground is brilliant and just had some more rain this week on it, probably the best ground going around this year.

Glad to see Ricky Joyce playing on the wing for the Lara seniors. The kid is big enough that he'd even intimidate some of his opposition players in the seniors. Good luck to him...

Just quietly it looks like the joeys boys unfortunatley will be hard to stop again. What a domineering display against shore. Newtown must be ordinary to only just beat them in a praccy, also who will be in the team of the year this year on early form joeys boys will lead the way surely????

haha not bell park, hahah got smashed by colac

on ya park, good way to start a 4-play ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back