News Gillon McLachlan - appointed CEO of Tabcorp

Remove this Banner Ad

If you think turning a blind eye to money laundering and letting people play the pokies all night is the worse thing that gambling overlords could do then again, very naive.
I am naive, it's true. However those are overlord things to do, so I'm in favour of more regulation. We can reduce some harm.

Yeah we’d be naive to think there’s not some degree of spot fixing happening. Maybe not blatant match fixing, although recent umpiring efforts late in games have me suspicious. But there can’t be this much money on the line in broadcast deals and gambling for them to not be manipulating some outcomes and narratives for maximum exposure and revenue.
So you’re telling me, the CEO of the AFL who oversaw the most corrupt umpire assisted finals series of ALL TIME in 2016, has now gone to run a bookie agency?

business ethics GIF

The TAB is like a lowly football club these days, it expects all its competition to be brought down to its lowly level to make it a fair competition. Rather than being innovative and offering value to the customer.

I’m surprised he has joined that old dinosaur.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Especially with a company that is struggling and looking to turn things around.

Goes to show how little the corporate world rates having AFL CEO on the resume.

Tabcorp is a loser job. I would say bad choice by Gil but I suppose if he hangs in there for a few years while Tabcorp continues to tank he can just retire afterwards.

Goes to show how little the corporate world rates having AFL CEO on the resume.

Tabcorp is a loser job. I would say bad choice by Gil but I suppose if he hangs in there for a few years while Tabcorp continues to tank he can just retire afterwards.

Reckon Gil has done his due diligence on the role. He still has a good 25 years of working life.

Tabcorp is not the most prestigious organisation for someone of his ilk. The fact he couldn’t get something a little more high status says something about the man….

For a company that aspires to take the moral high ground on every topic, this sport seemingly does not seem to care about being associated with gambling.

The dependence on gambling revenue is disgusting. Nearly $50M a year of direct revenue from gambling. Plus another $50M in indirect revenue via gambling ads on Channel 7. Clubs owning poker licences. The list goes on..

This appointment is proof that AFL executives simply do not give a flying ****.

Gil clearly doesn't give a shit about the optics.
They only get on their high horse if it's profitable for them.

Make all the players join arms and have one minute of silence for domestic violence victims? -- Yes, it will makes us look morally superior and costs nothing to do.

Immediately throw to an ad for a gambling company (whose business is responsible for suicide, homelessness AND domestic violence?) -- Yeah, do that, and hope no one notices the contradiction.

I don't think they really, really care about standing up for what's right. It's just a show of theatre to come off as virtuous and woke, like most of the corporations have become mired in.

They found that when the person's partner was a gambling addict, the odds of intimate partner violence increased 10.5 times
https://maryhaven.com/gamblers-families-risk/

Also scored a gig at Blackstone,big players in real estate amongst other things.
Gil certainly made the most of his AFL junket to New York a while back.

View attachment 2022987
Short video about 'good guys' Blackstone.

I am not a fan of Paul Elliot Singer. He is a massive fan of the elite 1 percent. A money hungry greedy prick. But he is smart in making money.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Gillon McLachlan - appointed CEO of Tabcorp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back