Gippsland League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win by the GFL boys yesterday ,showed that they really do belong higher up in the rankings.Lets just hope that they can get as many as the better players available next year when thay play for a higher spot.

Interested to know how the new surface at Moe is holding up, I haven't been to a game there this year but have heard they're playing a double header under lights v Bairnsdale on July 2 and the apparently the Mirboo V Traf will be played there the same night.

Heard the Mid Gippy two's would start around 4pm followed by Moe v Bairnsdale (Seniors) and then Traf V Mirboo (Seniors), Sounds like a great initiative by Moe and should draw a huge crowd but my only concern would be how the ground handles the extra games given there'd possibly be 6 games played on the one day.

........it also makes sense given the current condition of the Traf and Mirboo Nth grounds and the likelihood of these two clubs contesting the Grand Final which will probably be moved to Moe this year..thoughts anyone??

Was there yesterday Wildy, having a look. When I walked out there, it seemed pretty good to me. Players generally were ok holding their feet but sharp movement one way or the other was risky. Saw a couple of Sale blokes go off with hamstring complaints within seconds of each other but not sure how serious they are.

I think the surface shifts a little, but it is only an observation ,mate. I didnt play on it.

The centre looked to be soft and players generally avoided it.

I think the club has a number of home games in a row which may impact that fixturing you mention, along with some winter weather, if they get a bad run of rain. But hope it works out for them.

The MGFL have been told unofficially that they ground's drainage has not worked and they may be seeking an alternate venue. $1.2m spent and its's stuffed already, allegedly. Go figure.

Well the ground looks pretty good to me .

Why do people talk Bulldust on this site ???
One minute Pluggerroo you say the ground is "stuffed already" next you say the surface is fine WTF. And as for quoting $1.2 million where did that figure come from ???
Im afraid you have lost me , storys but no facts to back them up.
:confused::confused::confused:

The MGFL have been told unofficially that they ground's drainage has not worked and they may be seeking an alternate venue. $1.2m spent and its's stuffed already, allegedly. Go figure.

Well the ground looks pretty good to me .

Why do people talk Bulldust on this site ???
One minute Pluggerroo you say the ground is "stuffed already" next you say the surface is fine WTF. And as for quoting $1.2 million where did that figure come from ???
Im afraid you have lost me , storys but no facts to back them up.
:confused::confused::confused:

Firstly, at the tribunal a fornight ago, I was speaking to one of the League exec and he was telling me he had been told the ground's drainage was stuffed. The $1.2m was a throwaway figure. It could have been $3m or it could have been $10k for all I know. It was probably a substantial amount, whatever that is.

Secondly, I happened to be at the ground for the game yesterday and as I said, it looked pretty good to me, after looking at it for myself. I didnt know that, (A) I couldnt go for a look myself after being told one person's view, or (B) I couldnt update my view of the surface after having looked at it myself.

How were you lost again?

Incidently, Moe were very impressive yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed the day with the new facilities. The bar area is an excellent place to view the game from. All involved at the footy club should be congratulated on their massive achievement at the Ted Summerton Reserve. As a former coach with the club, it was a very pleasant feeling walking back in there after 8 years.

Firstly, at the tribunal a fornight ago, I was speaking to one of the League exec and he was telling me he had been told the ground's drainage was stuffed. The $1.2m was a throwaway figure. It could have been $3m or it could have been $10k for all I know. It was probably a substantial amount, whatever that is.

Secondly, I happened to be at the ground for the game yesterday and as I said, it looked pretty good to me, after looking at it for myself. I didnt know that, (A) I couldnt go for a look myself after being told one person's view, or (B) I couldnt update my view of the surface after having looked at it myself.

How were you lost again?

Incidently, Moe were very impressive yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed the day with the new facilities. The bar area is an excellent place to view the game from. All involved at the footy club should be congratulated on their massive achievement at the Ted Summerton Reserve. As a former coach with the club, it was a very pleasant feeling walking back in there after 8 years.

What were the pies/hot dogs/hot chips like plugger im sure you would of scoffed plenty of them down ya face?

I think the surface shifts a little, but it is only an observation ,mate. I didnt play on it.

The centre looked to be soft and players generally avoided it.

We played them in the first match on it and this was definitely the case. The middle was soft and quite sandy it did move and was quite lush. Having said that, it's alot better than in previous years!!

See that Clinton Rowe has gone back to Warragul after a stint with Frankston. Should be a great inclusion for them he's an awesome player.

Pretty big news out of the sale football club tonight. Bohdi walker will make his senior debut for the club this weekend at just 15 years of age. Pretty massive effort from a hard working kid who deserves every bit of good that comes his way. I would take a punt he would be pretty close to the youngest ever debutante for the sale football club. Not a bad effort to break into a top of the ladder side in the major league in Gippsland at 15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty big news out of the sale football club tonight. Bohdi walker will make his senior debut for the club this weekend at just 15 years of age. Pretty massive effort from a hard working kid who deserves every bit of good that comes his way. I would take a punt he would be pretty close to the youngest ever debutante for the sale football club. Not a bad effort to break into a top of the ladder side in the major league in Gippsland at 15.
Yeah ,great effort from young Bohdi who is apparently Robert "mad dog" Muir's grandson or so i've been told.There have been 2 others who have made their debut at 15 for Sale Brad Wynd and Kris Boyd both back in the 90's.The only others i can think of from other teams would be Steve Wallis with Leongatha back in the 80's ,however he got his jaw broken in his debut match at Sale by a certain Sale ruckman ,those were the days .
How did Bohdi go anyway ?big call throwing him in against a side like Traralgon.

Yeah ,great effort from young Bohdi who is apparently Robert "mad dog" Muir's grandson or so i've been told.There have been 2 others who have made their debut at 15 for Sale Brad Wynd and Kris Boyd both back in the 90's.The only others i can think of from other teams would be Steve Wallis with Leongatha back in the 80's ,however he got his jaw broken in his debut match at Sale by a certain Sale ruckman ,those were the days .
How did Bohdi go anyway ?big call throwing him in against a side like Traralgon.

I am pretty sure Gárry ''Pedro'' Neille debuted at sale as a fifteen year old in the 80's.

Great effort by Bodhi from all reports did well when the oppurtunity presented itself.

Hows the Bairnsdale club traveling at this stage of the season ??. Had a great start, be interesting how they go in the second half of the season.

Morwell East coach 2012. whisper i'm hearing

doubtful given the reason he gave up coaching (not playing) for Moe was the amount of time travelling between the Desal and Moe. I would imagine if he was going to coach it would be local to work. My mail is he will continue as player for the Lions.

Any thoughts on how the season will unfold???
Premiers?
League B & F?
League Goalkicker?
Final five?

For mine it's:
Sale
Andy Soumalis
Matt Ferguson
Traralgon, Sale, Wonthaggi, Drouin, Leongatha

Fair effort today by Jack Tatterson kicking 7.1 in the last term against Traralgon to turn a 27 point three quarter time deficit into a 23 point win. He kicked 12.3 for the match!!

Heard Lachlan Sim gave his side a decient spray after the game after their 8 goal win. You'd be rapt as a player to come into the rooms to that wouldnt you?

Huge match up for Bairnsdale today heading up to Leongatha.

They have a very good opportunity to push for a finals berth, and have shown they can match it with the leagues best (their performance against the Maroons and their win against Maffra) yet can play poor footy as well.

Would love to see them get up today and be right up there for the final spot for finals.

Was considering heading up to watch it today, yet will stick with Ensay.

They have a very good opportunity to push for a finals berth, and have shown they can match it with the leagues best (their performance against the Maroons and their win against Maffra) yet can play poor footy as well.

Would love to see them get up today and be right up there for the final spot for finals.

As it turns out they can't match it with the leagues best and should piss off back from where they came from!

"yet can play poor footy as well" Big understatment that one.
Boys must have been car sick from the road trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back