Gippsland League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like that post really hit a nerve Mayhem20202? Its ok mate not everything goes to plan every year keep your chin up! If a player comes to a club not havnt played there the year before most people would consider that a recruit whether they had already played there or not. So the fact Sale got alot of there ex juniors back playing who were nearly all A-Graders I would conider that a major recruiting coup and good on them!
But at the end of the day to finish 4th with that list injuries or not is extremely disappointing!
I have watch Sale a few times and it seems Anderson has been very re-active with his coaching and I could see why sale would be keen to move him on!
Im hearing both Shane Birss & David Piasanti could be a chance to return from West Adelaide which would make them both recruits maybe one of them should coach!
As I said Mayhem20202 keep your chin up!

Here's my opinion for what it's worth ,i think Nick is a new age coach who would be great as an assistant in VFL or AFL but not in country footy ,you still need a certain amount of planning and KPI monitoring during the game which is an area from my observations he covers well but a country footy coach needs above other things to be respected for his playing career to be successful and attract good players (look how many kids flocked to the 4ths this year because Bricko was coaching) and by that i don't mean he had to be an out and out gun but respected for the way he went about it.Also needs the abilitie to be able to motivate his players ,didn't see many games this year so this might have improved because last year it definitely wasn't there.
You hear conflicting reports depending on who you speak to regarding how NA is recieved by the players some good some bad ,as a lifelong supporter ,whatever the situation is, i just wish we could sort this out and get some sustained success for once.The maggies have had more than their fair share of dud coaches in recent decades and our premiership strike rate more than reflects that.

Hit the nail on the head right there

Interesting to note that none of these queries were raised during the year when Sale were on top of the ladder. From memory Sale were 6-0 (with everyone fit), lost 3, and then were back on top of the ladder around Round 10 until Round 14 - 15, again, everyone was fit. Funny how Nick was a fine coach then, and when the injuries set in, and the form line dipped everyone has an opinion.

71 GF, I note that you aren't purely being critical of Nick, however again there were no "conflicting reports" from anyone when the Magpies were on top of the ladder.

Interesting to note that none of these queries were raised during the year when Sale were on top of the ladder. From memory Sale were 6-0 (with everyone fit), lost 3, and then were back on top of the ladder around Round 10 until Round 14 - 15, again, everyone was fit. Funny how Nick was a fine coach then, and when the injuries set in, and the form line dipped everyone has an opinion.

71 GF, I note that you aren't purely being critical of Nick, however again there were no "conflicting reports" from anyone when the Magpies were on top of the ladder.
He's resigned anyway from all reports.Be interesting to see who they go for from here.I heard they were after H.Burgiel which is why Maffra moved so quickly to tie him up. Birssy always said he wanted to come back and coach Sale before his time was up ,he'd be an excellent fit.

He's resigned anyway from all reports.Be interesting to see who they go for from here.I heard they were after H.Burgiel which is why Maffra moved so quickly to tie him up. Birssy always said he wanted to come back and coach Sale before his time was up ,he'd be an excellent fit.

Mayhem said he declined the position in an earlier post. Think they already have a coach lined up...

I am 100% sure that Damien Birss will not coach Sale.

Mayhem said he declined the position in an earlier post. Think they already have a coach lined up...

I am 100% sure that Damien Birss will not coach Sale.
I was actually referring to his brother.And it was written in the Gippy Times on Friday that NA had resigned not that that means anything i suppose.

Hi All,

Rumour has it that swifts Creek of the ODFL are Chasing a couple of gun players / prospective coaches from the Sale/Maffra area - who do you think they could get for 10-15K??

Also, have heard that Stratford are close to getting a few Sale Seconds players over to them in their first EGFL season for a while?? who may this be?

Hi All,

Rumour has it that swifts Creek of the ODFL are Chasing a couple of gun players / prospective coaches from the Sale/Maffra area - who do you think they could get for 10-15K??

Also, have heard that Stratford are close to getting a few Sale Seconds players over to them in their first EGFL season for a while?? who may this be?

ahahaahahaa!!

Your good at comedy Ronald

I know that Shane Fyfe and Brenton Martin were special guests of the stratty footy club at the egfl grand final, maybe they are heading down that way. They were both very impressed with the standard of football and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in red and white this year.

Obviously guys of that calibre wouldn't want to play in the ODFL or even the EGFL for that matter .... i was thinking of perhaps fringe 1's or even good 2's players... surely there are boys that wouldn't mind earning that kind of kanga that aren't GFL superstars and would still dominate in the lower leagues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was actually referring to his brother.And it was written in the Gippy Times on Friday that NA had resigned not that that means anything i suppose.

I have also heard first hand from 5 players that due to nick not coaching at sale next season they are considering whether they will play at sale or look to move elsewhere.

Mayhem. Still waiting on the names of those 5 blokes you claim are weighing up their futures at Sale. C'mon share the love with the rest of Gippsland. Would only be better for footy in the area if some of those blokes went and coached at a minor league level.

Good Luck with that appointment Moe!!

Didn't he guide Morwell to the Grand Final a couple of years back, or was that Brett Sherriff?

Can't really blame him for leaving Morwell last season when he was regularly playing 2s, they had no chance of doing anything last season anyway.

That bloke has been at more footy clubs than I've had hot breakfasts.
He has been booted out of every club he has ever played. Be interesting to see what $$$$ are attached he doesn't come cheap even if he is a has been.

That bloke has been at more footy clubs than I've had hot breakfasts.
He has been booted out of every club he has ever played. Be interesting to see what $$$$ are attached he doesn't come cheap even if he is a has been.

Noticed that in cricket as he's played for 3 different clubs in the last 3 seasons, but other than Morwell and Boolarra who else has he played footy for recently?

He was up in the Northeast playing for Albury, Corowa, Benalla and one other club but not sure what one he wasn't there long. I think it was another O&M club but it could have been a minor league. Either way his reputation isn't great when you can get evicted from so many clubs.

He was up in the Northeast playing for Albury, Corowa, Benalla and one other club but not sure what one he wasn't there long. I think it was another O&M club but it could have been a minor league. Either way his reputation isn't great when you can get evicted from so many clubs.

For what? how do you know he didn't just chase more cash elsewhere?

Common knowledge he was outed for having affairs. gave him a good opportunity to chase the dollars though so probably worked in his favour.

Common knowledge he was outed for having affairs. gave him a good opportunity to chase the dollars though so probably worked in his favour.

Probably one reason why he did it lol, the women obviously had no taste, he's no looker lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back