Go the jets! Finally

Remove this Banner Ad

HighFlyers

Senior List
Aug 18, 2005
In the members stand
AFL Club
Collingwood
might i be the first to say, go the jets congrats to the boys who finally got a win yesterday over tassie - they showed great form in the 1st quarter. Lucky they were able to hang on to the 2 point lead in the dying minutes of the term. Good work boys

Western Jets 15.6-96
vs
Tassie Mariners 14.10-94

Western Jets
Goal Kickers: B. Houli 4, D. McKerracher 3, M. Smith 2, R. Knight, C. Lockwood, E. Long, N. Black, M. Cassidy, D. Haby
Best Players: W. Sullivan, C. Lockwood, B. Houli, M. Smith, B. Peters, E. Long
Tassie Mariners
Goal Kickers: A. Cornelius 3, M. Williamson 3, B. O''Garey 2, B. Fagan, H. Shaw, J. Wells, T. Salter, B. Sharman, C. Garland
Best Players: H. Shaw, J. Siggins, A. Joseph, J. Bowden, B. O''Garey, N. Mills

Tassie without Thorp, Fielding, Bellchambers, Reiwoldt and Hislop. Should still have won the game with Western playing only one good quarter. Congrats to the Jets but the Mariners will be well chuffed with their effort. Queensland v Tassie for the Div 2 title looks a near certainty for mine and I quite fancy the Southerners to cause the upset.

The jets just won, and tassie have 5 of there best out just shows how the jets are going, sack neeld please. Heard a rumour he wanted the geelong coaching job at the start of the year.

He's from the Ron Barassi school of coaching (I didn't think they existed anymore) His third quarter 'address' could be heard in the Mariner's huddle, Ogilvie by contrast was both calm and analytical. Put Thorp and Riewoldt in the Tassie lineup and they make a huge difference.

Tassie had a few out, but still the Jets won and they deserved it. They've had a tough year and Neeld only gave em a spray because they deserved it. Their 2nd and 3rd quarters were not at all good. Tassie v QLD no doubt for title

Well done to the Jets and the blokes who run out there every week, reckon they cop a pretty rough deal on here at times and deserve to taste a few wins. Congrats.

As for the talk about Tasmania, OK they had a few players out, but doesn't that simply bring them closer in standard to NT and NSW/ACT who six other teams in the TAC Cup have a crack at for premiership points? I'm not a huge wrap for the invitational game concept, the closer in standard each of them are the better.

As for Ogilvie being calm, he probably was on Saturday it was a warm up game for the Mariners. But he can yell dont worry about that.

The jets won on the weekend, but do you think they can back up on sunday and win 2 in a row against the dragons who are also sitting on one win. i would think this would be a cracker of a game to watch.

the lemon wedge said:
I hope Shannon Franklin kills them, after they delisted him from the squad, he went over 2 sandy and has been going ok.
why did they delist shannon franklin? i thoiugt he was goin pretty good for jets plus it was only his first year at jets rite?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we'll see how good he is on the likes of trajovski, hedditch and the likes of brant dickson bacck in the line up i personally think he will cack himself.. lol.. hard to perform against your old teammates...

chooknafied said:
brant dickson bacck in the line up
If thats the case, then it looks as though Football Vic have changed the rules. That's a little bit sneaky of them.

The rule clearly stated prior to the season that only two 19 yr olds can be listed by a TAC Cup club, but if Dickson is playing for the Jets that makes three 19 yr olds in the side this week (Hedditch, Dickson and Georgiadis) which is clearly a change in the rule. I'm not very impressed with that.

are you sure that georgiadis is a 19 yrold i have always been under the impression he was just a normal 18 yr old played against him since i was 14

as was i, according to the jets player list he doesn't turn 19 till after the season is finished, i guess thats the loop hole the jets have found. Good work to the selecters for this weeks match - should be a good one, last week they showed alot of leadership and communication hopefully they will do the same against sandy, as for franklin - i'll agree with chook its always hard going up against your old team mates - should be interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Go the jets! Finally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back