Going to an NBA game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously I'm biased, but being in good seats without the pathetic plastic fans for a much cheaper price would be much better than paying ridiculous prices to sit with gloryhunters.

The 300s at Staples are better than a lot of other 300s around America (Honda Center, for example) but the difference between being up there and being on the lower deck is massive. If you're going to multiple games I'd probably suggest doing both (although if you've got a bit of cash, the San Miguel Club in the 200s at Staples is pretty sweet too). But if you've just got one game, the Clippers one in the lower deck is without a doubt your best bet.

Also a tip, never buy Clippers tickets through Ticketmaster unless they're playing the Lakers. You'll always get much better prices on StubHub or from the scalpers outside the venue on the night of the game.

If you do decide to go to the Clippers game PM me and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have or give you tips on what you should do before/after games. If you're going to see my team in my home town (well, sorta), I want you to have a good time!

I am thinking about getting tickets to either/both Portland @ clippers and dallas @ clippers. Was just going to buy off ticketmaster but then saw your post. Generally, how much cheaper would the tickets be off stubhub or a scalper? Also is there much do around the staples centre. Thanks

I am going in a mate to the US for about 3 weeks, we got tickets to 9 nba games!

The big ones are;

Miami vs Utah
Orlando vs Utah
Miami vs Boston
LA vs Pheonix

Word of advice, dont get them from a Scalper! Just spend the extra $30 -$40 so you know it is legit

Phil daly, yes there is plenty. LA Live is the name of the precinct over the road, and there's heaps to do there. The ESPN Zone (a really good sports bar and restaurant) over the road from the main entrance is the highlight, but there's plenty of other stuff. There's other bars, restaurants, clubs and shops in the area that would let you have a good time. I'd get there around three hours before, do some exploring and then hang at the ESPN Zone. Get their cesar salad too, it's great. Downtown LA is a pretty big shithole overall (which as an Orange County guy, I say quite proudly), but the Staples Center/LA Live precinct is the one exception.

I'm going to look dumb by saying this now, but I forgot we'd cut (by quite a large amount) our individual game ticket prices this year, which is long overdue. As a result Stub Hub prices now kinda suck. The market will catch up if you're patient though, and soon enough Stub Hub will be 15-20% cheaper than Ticketmaster. Failing that (which won't happen, but anyway), you just buy them at the box office the day of the game. Having that fall back option is the great thing about being a Clips fan.

I've never experienced those problems with Stub Hub since I have landline and cell phone US numbers. But if it won't work, just make up a number. For the cell phone, start with 310 as the area code, then make up a seven-digit number after that. 310-123-4567, for example.

And finally, Bobber, I couldn't disagree more. Just be aware and ask to see the tickets when you buy them off a scalper. If you're smart, you will never have a problem. American scalpers don't scam you.

I've never experienced those problems with Stub Hub since I have landline and cell phone US numbers. But if it won't work, just make up a number. For the cell phone, start with 310 as the area code, then make up a seven-digit number after that. 310-123-4567, for example.

Just tried this and it didn't work, again.

A lost cause now I think.

Big Bulls fan here.

In December im catching Clippers @ Bulls, Bulls @ Knicks and also Mavericks @ Heat.

I have used Razorgator.com for the past few years and have had no complaints. They ship to Australia unlike Stubhub.

Even when you do register, you will find that they use a special Fedex postage parcel that only ships to USA, Canada and Puerto Rico.

Yeah, I noticed that. Was a little annoying, but some tickets on StubHub could be printed out so I just chose tickets with that option.

After talking with the people I'm going with to the game, we decided to see Lakers vs. Knicks @ Staples Centre. Sitting top level, 4 rows from the front.

Yeah, I noticed that. Was a little annoying, but some tickets on StubHub could be printed out so I just chose tickets with that option.

After talking with the people I'm going with to the game, we decided to see Lakers vs. Knicks @ Staples Centre. Sitting top level, 4 rows from the front.

Thats excellent news, I hope you have a great time. I have been to the Staples Center to see Ice Hockey before and its a really nice area with good views.

So your going to the game on the 9th of January? I will be in Los Angeles in early January and trying to convince the missus into going to the Lakers/Detroit game on the 4th.

Thats excellent news, I hope you have a great time. I have been to the Staples Center to see Ice Hockey before and its a really nice area with good views.

So your going to the game on the 9th of January? I will be in Los Angeles in early January and trying to convince the missus into going to the Lakers/Detroit game on the 4th.

Yep, that game is on the 9th. Wish I was there 2 weeks earlier or later to see Lakers-Heat or Lakers-Celtics, but should still be good. Really looking forward to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my advice re: seeing an NBA game. sit back, enjoy, dont blink (or youll miss something) and bask in the ambience!

What about clapping your hands?

permitted. but if you're in NY id suggest booing the home team.

also, flashing the stern card at certain games (expect a world record number in miami this year) is always appreciated.

I wonder with the recruitment of Turkoglu, Hedo if the US Airways Center will now stock turkish cuisine?

I wonder with the recruitment of Turkoglu, Hedo if the US Airways Center will now stock turkish cuisine?

a bit of turkish delight you reckon? :)

that's why its important for LA (lakers say) to have some spanish influence in the team. good soul food in LA for them.

teams, particularly in the west, need to account for their constituents - namely the latino population. sad that phx gave barbosa up. at least they got a lopez

How does StubHub work? Do they e-mail you the tickets or post it out? Ideally I would want them before I get to the U.S, so I dont need to worry about it when Im there. Also, is it definitely legit? I shouldnt have any issues with it?

Stub Hub is probably the most well known ticket trader.
They e-mail your tickets to you for you to print.

The printing option is only available to some tickets though, and if living in Australia and wanting to get your tickets early then you'll have to choose a ticket(s) that do have the option to be printed, as StubHub don't deliver tickets overseas.

Some correct me if im wrong, but the tickets you can get via email are the general admission tickets which for most teams (certainly Bulls, Knicks & Heat by experience) are the seats that are either in high levels or arent in prime viewing angles. The top sections are all season ticket sections.

Some correct me if im wrong, but the tickets you can get via email are the general admission tickets which for most teams (certainly Bulls, Knicks & Heat by experience) are the seats that are either in high levels or arent in prime viewing angles. The top sections are all season ticket sections.

If you want to get the tickets emailed, then just purchase them off ticketmaster exchange. From what I have seen the prices on ticketmaster exchange are comparable with those on stubhub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to an NBA game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back