cameronn

Rookie
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Clarence, Kookaburras, Hockeyroos
The AFL has been eagerly promoting the Gold Coast games this year, including putting information on their main page of afl.com.au. However they seem to have fallen down at the last hurdle with the TV rights. If the AFL was serious in developing a supporter base for our club in QLD, they would at least push the free-to-air networks to play most of the Kanga's games live. However the only request that thay have in place is for Gold Coast games on Sunday afternoon to be played on FTA - great since all our GC games are on Saturday night.

Without decent coverage, we're only going to struggle to produce a decent supporter base against the Lions, in the same way as Sydney's handout in the ACT.

Another opportunity wasted...

The actual Carrara stadium has no advertising out the front at all, unlike last year where there was a big billboard promoting the praccie matches that were being played.

Although my hours are completley different to last year and I dont get exposed to much media right now, it's my impression that the AFL were promoting footy up here alot harder 12 months ago, than they are now.

Having said that, there's been a bit of North exposure in the Bulletin lately.

We should sue.

Sue? the club doesn't care... I'm already SEETHING that we've been BUTCHERED in NINE games...:mad: Tim Lane has noticed this with his article in the Age today but waffles on about the interstate teams getting more & more in the AFL spotlight...(yawn) instead of STICKING the boots into the programming directors.. that's why so many 'journos' have got it wrong.. they ought to be QUESTIONING the INTEGRETITY of THE AFL / programming directors... too much small peanut talk gets nothing done...

The Victorian media should be embarrassing / shaming the programming directors / AFL... it's all becoming a puppet show... victorian teams should be working together FFS! :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast promotion - AFL falls at the final hurdle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back