2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

wasn't burgess the travelling emergency? surely he wasn't wearing his kit on the red eye to make the game?
As hilarious as that visual is and I giggled for sure

I can only see Faulkhead listed as an AFL Emergency - Burgess listed in the VFL starting line up

Fair play to Fraser Thurlow with that nonchalant goal from 50 out. You can see why we almost drafted him in the MSD a few years ago when Crab was our only ruck option. Also, commentators are very complimentary of our academy players in the team.

Good to see we have some developing halfbacks in Uwland, Johnston and now even Jeffrey, along with some talls in Brock, Graham and Andrew (AFL).

A young defence, but some solid depth there.
Fair play to Fraser Thurlow with that nonchalant goal from 50 out. You can see why we almost drafted him in the MSD a few years ago when Crab was our only ruck option. Also, commentators are very complimentary of our academy players in the team.
Solid wind going that way apparently (which we used well in the 1st) which probably helped.

Good to see we have some developing halfbacks in Uwland, Johnston and now even Jeffrey, along with some talls in Brock, Graham and Andrew (AFL).

A young defence, but some solid depth there.
Genuine list depth is shining through at the AFL level too. Guys like Macpherson know they have to keep performing at a high level otherwise they'll be back in the 2s. It's what you want and the sign of a team on the rise.

Solid wind going that way apparently (which we used well in the 1st) which probably helped.
Commentators just said he's the leading goalkicker in the VFL so he's obviously in some great form. Probably more of a late bloomer and just never really got it going while he was on Essendon's list.

Commentators just said he's the leading goalkicker in the VFL so he's obviously in some great form. Probably more of a late bloomer and just never really got it going while he was on Essendon's list.
Reckon our forwards might be on top of the ladder by the end of the game, as we have 2nd and 3rd goal scorers, if we keep going like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ll be disappointed with how they’ve played since quarter time. Been even, now Sharks getting on top around the ground. Only 20 up.

That was lucky. Honestly, we had one good quarter and the rest was a slow downhill spiral from what I saw.

Very, very lucky. Sharks had more shots on goal and even in the last few seconds could have won it.

You have to love beating Southport like that but a pretty awful effort after quarter time
Guys who think they are AFL standard like Flanders Holland Jeffrey Farrar and Anderson didn't put any pressure on the players ahead of them today
Uhwland is good at this level

You have to love beating Southport like that but a pretty awful effort after quarter time
Guys who think they are AFL standard like Flanders Holland Jeffrey Farrar and Anderson didn't put any pressure on the players ahead of them today
Uhwland is good at this level
Yeah, I’m not sure what happened. After the first quarter we took the foot off the pedal far too much, and Sharks just pushed all day until they were on top of the match—but thankfully not the scoreboard!

Our mids looked good on the spread when they could use the corridor early, but once the game closed in and the pressure lifted they were found out a bit.

Yeah, I’m not sure what happened. After the first quarter we took the foot off the pedal far too much, and Sharks just pushed all day until they were on top of the match—but thankfully not the scoreboard!

Our mids looked good on the spread when they could use the corridor early, but once the game closed in and the pressure lifted they were found out a bit.

I would say playing 7 academy kids also had impact.

38 to 1 in our favour at 1/4 time.

Can't stick around to do the usual stuff (much too sleepy) but good signs from the ressie boys.
Jeez I didn't think me going to bed meant that the lads would too.

Would have been a shocker to drop that one after being up by nearly 50 at one stage...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back