2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Commentators have said we are only playing with 22 not 23 (will need to wait a bit longer to see)

But the comms have also called Rosas, Lombard and Oea on different occasions

Essendon just blew chances in front of goal. Old mate Eckersley giving Evans a bit of a bath atm

We laid 5 tackles for the entire quarter. Essendon only 9. But I’ve never seen so many opposition players just walk through tackles

Essendon getting on top. But continuing the terrible goal kicking

While Ben Moyle 4 shots that quarter. 2 points and one rushed
Fiorini 0.3 for the game
Could’ve put them away

Essendon 4.13.37
Gold Coast 6.9.45

Essendon just blew chances in front of goal. Old mate Eckersley giving Evans a bit of a bath atm

We laid 5 tackles for the entire quarter. Essendon only 9. But I’ve never seen so many opposition players just walk through tackles
Evans attacking half back? Or just a general defender for now?

The old kick down the line strategy… Need better ball movement if we want to actually score. Essendon just easily picking it off and rebounding, sadly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon should destroy our defenders. We have nobody of any note. Atkins needs to be smarter with the ball and offer some run and carry. We might be just a few played short to get any dominance today.

This has been an embarrassing 5 minutes I’ve tuned in for. Thank goodness for Rosas (who probably ran a bit too far, tbh).

Essendon should destroy our defenders. We have nobody of any note. Atkins needs to be smarter with the ball and offer some run and carry. We might be just a few played short to get any dominance today.
Worst part it’s not just Atkins. We finally won a contest on the wing and we scored

Day might have to play very high. Only guy who can win a contest in the air

Essendon 6.20.56
Gold Coast 7.11.53

Down 2 on the bench, can’t stop their 3 forwards in the air

Hope I’m wrong, but the way we are playing. I can’t see us winning this

Rowlands free kick 45m out. Lombard tries to kick a dribble goal with 2 blokes standing the goal square

Some very dumb football going on
I’m not sure Lombard is the smartest of our draftees. Plays on instinct and a good athlete though. Definitely has a lot of tools to be a good player. He will have a great highlight package, but his lowlights will be up there too haha.

Also, you can see that some of our players just look for each other. Fiorini to Atkins or Atkins to Fiorini has to be the line the commentators have said the most (besides “it’s a point”). But when spread and Use our players we actually get the ball forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back