2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Jack put the effort in and execute the role asked of him instead of just downing tools or doing whatever he wants in a lower level. That’s really all you can read into in. It was a very Luko type of game - low defensive intensity, fast and high scoring. Still don’t think that translates to AFL unless we can get a few more guys who can get the ball to him quickly and accurately.

Good team performance in the end. It’s fun to watch Ace/Jeffrey/Johnston/etc run and gun and make mistakes and learn to recover.

Last edited:
LuKo DiDn’T tAcKlE

Whole team only laid 24
It was bruise free football at its finest. Look at the scores and amount of marks inside 50. Crazy numbers for a game. We just dominated for longer.

I have no problem with Jack’s game. Got his hand on the ball. Set up goals and took some himself. Someone of his calibre should do exactly that at this level.

It was bruise free football at its finest. Look at the scores and amount of marks inside 50. Crazy numbers for a game. We just dominated for longer.

I have no problem with Jack’s game. Got his hand on the ball. Set up goals and took some himself. Someone of his calibre should do exactly that at this level.
Agree, he gave away 3-4 goals which showed a team first attitude

It was against pretty bad opposition but it's a positive step for Jack which is good for GC either way it plays out this off season
If you look on the trade thread you would think he is already a Crows player. Personally if he goes I reckon it would be to Port

Ok so we are locked in for 'VFL Wildcard' which is essentially an Elimination Final. This is our road to the GF if we keep winning!

Next weekend - Wildcard
vs Frankston @PFS

Elimination Final vs Box Hill Hawks in Melbourne

Semi Final vs TBD (Loser of Footscray v Brisbane at TBC)

Preliminary Final vs TBD (Winner of Werribee v Southport at TBC)

Grand Final vs TBD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone eligible this weekend but
Read out with concussuon
Casboult has done his hammy again.
Sexton not finals eligible

Basically Sam Day (if fit) and Ben Moyle left as key forwards if we win after this weekend

Everyone eligible this weekend but
Read out with concussuon
Casboult has done his hammy again.
Sexton not finals eligible

Basically Sam Day (if fit) and Ben Moyle left as key forwards if we win after this weekend
Will be interested to see if they give guys out of contract like Oea , Brock and Faulkhead a chance in the seniors or keep them in the ressies.

Will be interested to see if they give guys out of contract like Oea , Brock and Faulkhead a chance in the seniors or keep them in the ressies.
Wouldn’t surprise me if Oea played afl weekend. But whoever goes out probably plays 2s (unless a senior body gets out on ice)

If Read wasn’t concussed he was almost a walk up as a third key defender in the afl. Now our vfl defence has taken even more of a hit

Thank god we got a cricketer. Brock, Evans, Farrar. Will have to do

Weird to say but I’d prefer James Frawley comes back in over Zeke or Beau

Wouldn’t surprise me if Oea played afl weekend. But whoever goes out probably plays 2s (unless a senior body gets out on ice)

If Read wasn’t concussed he was almost a walk up as a third key defender in the afl. Now our vfl defence has taken even more of a hit

Thank god we got a cricketer. Brock, Evans, Farrar. Will have to do

Weird to say but I’d prefer James Frawley comes back in over Zeke or Beau
I would give Oea one more go, otherwise he should be delisted, 15 games in 4 years is not enough to be kept on a senior list

I know it’s “just vfl” but looks to have great running capabilities now. Previously just been a burst player
That was Oea 's best game by far. Most of the season I was disappointed by his game, effort but in this game we was unbelievable (by VFL standard). He run hard, tackled, burst of speed, used ball well, even kicked straight (except the last after siren shot).

Probably delisted 😂

I know it’s “just vfl” but looks to have great running capabilities now. Previously just been

That was Oea 's best game by far. Most of the season I was disappointed by his game, effort but in this game we was unbelievable (by VFL standard). He run hard, tackled, burst of speed, used ball well, even kicked straight (except the last after siren shot).

Probably delisted 😂
Think they should have given him one last shot to see if he could make it, he had a shocker in the AFL last practice game which probably cost Dimmas faith in him

If Ace is considered close to AFL standard or very good VFL standard and there is room I think we should keep him. Contributes the culture of the club the same way having so many more "locals" do. I know comments in relation to same ol' suns is around their performance on the field but the recruitment over the past few years of all the qlders and Gold Coasters will contribute massively to an improved culture.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back