Gold Coast Suns in DT/SC 2013.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't catch the game on the weekend, so does anyone here have an opinion on how Trent played, and whether he's an option? Looking at him in a SC draft league. See he scored pretty well but DT/SC ratio wasn't great (hasn't traditionally been great with McKenzie though). Likely to continue to score well or just a blip because of the game against GWS?

Didn't catch the game on the weekend, so does anyone here have an opinion on how Trent played, and whether he's an option? Looking at him in a SC draft league. See he scored pretty well but DT/SC ratio wasn't great (hasn't traditionally been great with McKenzie though). Likely to continue to score well or just a blip because of the game against GWS?

That.

Considering getting on him as well

I think he's a really intriguing option at his price for just regular super coach, will assess how he goes v freo, but then has the bullies and the dees after that.

Could potentially make you a quick 70-80 grand which could jump you straight into a premium

Anyone think that broughton a role may be a more attacking one once Campbell brown comes back? Or will brown play more of a forward role?

Anyone think that broughton a role may be a more attacking one once Campbell brown comes back? Or will brown play more of a forward role?
don't think so. broughton was playing forward last year under ross lyon, and stated in his press conference after being traded he'd like to stay down back, so i'm guessing that was another reason for moving. i'm hoping he stays down back though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey guys,

didnt see any of your game on the weekend.

Looking for thoughts on Lonergan. Didnt score particularly well but he seems like he should be one of the better rookies to come through for a while after next week.

My issue is im considering bringing him in this week to enable cash/free trades to jump on the many fallen preomos coming through.

I assume he has solid JS but will he play a pure/predominately mid role, is he likely to be sub given he has missed a bit of footy and generally how do you rate him in your 22 and as a DTer.

Thanks guys

don't think so. broughton was playing forward last year under ross lyon, and stated in his press conference after being traded he'd like to stay down back, so i'm guessing that was another reason for moving. i'm hoping he stays down back though.
Cheers mate. Would he still play more of a lockdown defender, rotate through the mid or more of an attacking defender's role?

hey guys,

didnt see any of your game on the weekend.

Looking for thoughts on Lonergan. Didnt score particularly well but he seems like he should be one of the better rookies to come through for a while after next week.

My issue is im considering bringing him in this week to enable cash/free trades to jump on the many fallen preomos coming through.

I assume he has solid JS but will he play a pure/predominately mid role, is he likely to be sub given he has missed a bit of footy and generally how do you rate him in your 22 and as a DTer.

Thanks guys
It's hard to tell what the coaching staff are thinking, he's defiantly best as a midfielder but he started back pocket in the first half against Frei before spending more time in the midfield in the second half. He loves to tackle which will help rack up some points and the few kicks he did have on the weekend were very penetrating/accurate. I do see him in our best 22 and the coaches seem pretty high on him. It's hard to know how the coaches are going are going to use him but if he plays 4 quarters of footy against Melbourne in the midfield, I think you could put him down for 75-80 SC points. Maybe even higher.

With two indefinite injuries, are there any upgraded rookies expected to come along soon?

Leigh Osborne seemed to be favoured in pre-season but there has been very little about him.
How's he going in NEAFL?
If upgraded, who's spot is he likely to take? Wilkinson? Harbrow? Prestia?

It's hard to tell what the coaching staff are thinking, he's defiantly best as a midfielder but he started back pocket in the first half against Frei before spending more time in the midfield in the second half. He loves to tackle which will help rack up some points and the few kicks he did have on the weekend were very penetrating/accurate. I do see him in our best 22 and the coaches seem pretty high on him. It's hard to know how the coaches are going are going to use him but if he plays 4 quarters of footy against Melbourne in the midfield, I think you could put him down for 75-80 SC points. Maybe even higher.

Lonergan v Melb. - 10 disposals & 6 tackles, not bad

What did GC supporters think from the w'end?

Looking at him or B Kennedy (Coll) for downgrades in my SC team,

Thanks in advance,

Lonergan v Melb. - 10 disposals & 6 tackles, not bad

What did GC supporters think from the w'end?

Looking at him or B Kennedy (Coll) for downgrades in my SC team,

Thanks in advance,

This will be a popular question this week so im also interested to hear what others have to say.

I like many had him penned in as a downgrade due to seemingly having the best JS of any rookie coming through in the next few weeks at least.

Was hoping for a 70+ to cement it. Low score in a big win is some concern but since most came from tackles i guess his score may not be affected as much by.

What role did he play this week, is 50 looking like his ceiling or is he just building into it, JS as good as 1st thought or low scores reflect sub par performances, vest chance, etc?

Where has he been playing? He seems to pick up his scoring in the second half just like Omeara did. Possibly indicative of his midfield time? I think I'll get him anyway, need playing rookies for the byes.

Where has he been playing? He seems to pick up his scoring in the second half just like Omeara did. Possibly indicative of his midfield time? I think I'll get him anyway, need playing rookies for the byes.
played on the wing.. played more a run with role, didnt get much of the footy but when he did he used it quite well, had more tackles then anything else. used his size to get the way of some of the melbourne players..

So guys, Zac Smith? Over the past 3 weeks he's banged out two good scores, and one average score. Do you reckon he's worth a punt? I've already got Leuey, need to trade out Griffin. Do you reckon he can track along from here with about a 100 average or was it just a flash in the pan against the Dees? Of course i'm excluding next week when Minson dominates him of course ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back