Resource Gold Coast Suns Rebrand

Best rebrand option

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_1110.JPG

Didn’t mind this idea (can’t remember who designed this one sorry)

See I think their logo does suck but if it’s simplified to more of a monogram type thing and incorporated how it is here, it looks much better.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I really rate the more OG logo with the rays on it.

IMG_1248.JPG

But regardless, the logo in its current form just does not work being the focal point of their guernsey.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Watching Gold Coast v Hawthorn and realised Hawthorn's away strip could work well as a Gold Coast home jumper. GC could be placed like the St.Kilda logo on their chest. I'd keep the yellow side panels as a knod to their original design.
View attachment 1721900Watching Hawthorn
I don’t mind it,

They tried it with the blue and white kit a couple of years ago. Not sure why they pulled the pin on it

St Kilda would probably have something to say, but Southport would definitely do a better job at managing them the current mob. Not even the Bears were this bad.
If they take identities from both and make it clear it’s Gold Coast, and steers clear from being Southport I think it would work.
Saints are black, red and white. Get the guernsey right and there’s no similarities. Even historically.

Gold Coast Sharks does sound like a good idea though I'd go; Black, Red, Yellow and Blue but keep it on a Red base for the home to avoid the guernsey entering the territory of clubs like Collingwood and St Kilda
Southport’s white should also be on the jumper. Maybe as a white shark in the middle?

Southport’s white should also be on the jumper. Maybe as a white shark in the middle?
Five colours are too many, it's hard to make a strong brand looking like the circus.

They should pick a standout colour like the Storm has done with purple, and mix it with a primary colour to make it pop. I would recommend yellow, if they do it right, hashtag yellow wave could take off.

Watching Gold Coast v Hawthorn and realised Hawthorn's away strip could work well as a Gold Coast home jumper. GC logo could be placed like the St.Kilda logo on their chest or below V. I'd keep the yellow side panels as a knod to their original design.
View attachment 1721900
could turn the V in to sun rays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is part of it that the red and yellow just doesn't look great together without something to contrast them?
The suns can't change the red to a maroon, which would look better and be easier to work with because that makes them the bears. They can't use too much blue because that makes them Fitzroy. Nearly all of the kits proposed on this thread look better than their current designs though.

Last edited:
Is part of it that the red and yellow just doesn't look great together without something to contrast them?
The suns can't change the red to a maroon, which would look better and be easier to work with because that makes them the bears. They can't use too much blue because that makes them Fitzroy. Nearly all of the kits proposed on this thread look better than their current designs though.

Red and Yellow can absolutely work and look awesome.

Suns just need to get their shit together

1691033208337.jpeg
images
images
images
images
images
images
images

Red and Yellow can absolutely work and look awesome.

Suns just need to get their s**t together

View attachment 1763417
images
images
images
images
images
images
images
Some of those I really do like, the Barca one being one of them. Where red and yellow falls down from me, which is separate to being the colours not going together and really what I should have said in my post was it is very easy to look like the McDonalds football club.

Some of those I really do like, the Barca one being one of them. Where red and yellow falls down from me, which is separate to being the colours not going together and really what I should have said in my post was it is very easy to look like the McDonalds football club.
Na that's our away kit thanks

Watching Gold Coast v Hawthorn and realised Hawthorn's away strip could work well as a Gold Coast home jumper. GC logo could be placed like the St.Kilda logo on their chest or below V. I'd keep the yellow side panels as a knod to their original design.
View attachment 1721900
It also aligns with our patron parter the Southport Sharks ( below). I would get rid of the logo and the yellow side panels and maybe even replace the red with Blue giving a much stronger beach feel
IMG_0453.png

Back