Golden Rivers FL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have heard Quamby and tyntynder are negotiations with the possible trade of vincent proud for brad carroll. Whats everyones thoughts on this?

word is tyntynder are dangling luke o'toole out as a sweetener to the deal in an attempt to get it through before the season starts[/quote]

Mark Corrie and Clint Kelly aswel:). Not a bad deal, Tyntynder lose Carroll, O'Toole, Corrie, Kelly and gain a retired footballer.

word is tyntynder are dangling luke o'toole out as a sweetener to the deal in an attempt to get it through before the season starts

Mark Corrie and Clint Kelly aswel:). Not a bad deal, Tyntynder lose Carroll, O'Toole, Corrie, Kelly and gain a retired footballer.[/quote]

so at no stage have you spoken to a tyntynder official about playing in the red, white and blue?

so at no stage have you spoken to a tyntynder official about playing in the red, white and blue?

If you train with a club of course an offical of some capacity is going to say 'you should have a run', they'd say that to anyone that trains with them.

Im sure any club that a player trains with, the club would ask if they'd like to 'fill in' during the year, you know, just to make you feel wecome. I hope that answers your question Nathan.

If you train with a club of course an offical of some capacity is going to say 'you should have a run', they'd say that to anyone that trains with them.

Im sure any club that a player trains with, the club would ask if they'd like to 'fill in' during the year, you know, just to make you feel wecome. I hope that answers your question Nathan.

that's it, that's it, vincent

Got a bloke thats come over from your league to the ovens & king by the name of Wayne Theoball (i think thats the surname) looks like a bit of a goer ,would that be fair to say?

Got it on good authority that he is a real hard nut and goes real well. He will be a great asset!

Just wondering how Murrabit will go this year? Have heard they've had a small turnover of players so should be back around the mark? Leigh Millard leaving will have to leave a big hole in their side, he was one of the best young blokes going around

Just wondering how Murrabit will go this year? Have heard they've had a small turnover of players so should be back around the mark? Leigh Millard leaving will have to leave a big hole in their side, he was one of the best young blokes going around
I hird that they got SEAGULL back for that reason big shoes to FILL THO

If it is who I'm picturing it to be, I don't think he is that good. When you are talking about playing Macorna, his name has never came up as a danger.

Now FP... when have you ever heard of a solid contributor in the back pocket ever being a danger? I would have him in my side as a negator alone. Isn't that what a back pocket does? The GRFL doesn't have the depth of players to have rebounding defenders from that deep in defence. If they can run and carry the ball they would be on the wing or if they are lucky enough, the back flank.
In saying this I would definitely have Wayne sitting in the back pocket on any given Saturday and I wish him all best in his venture East.

How is murribit going to go this year? I know it is early but they looked very ordinary the other night. Big billy mac didn't look like he wanted to be out there. Quamby seemed to look alot better than they have for a while the other night against nulli, but nulli looked to be strong again. Big reece poyner looked to be a good inclusion along with his brother josh. Who was the large bloke that hit the deck in that game? Never good to see someone go down like that right at the start of the season after all that pre-season training, not that he looked like he had done a lot!

Can anyone tell me whats Ultima expected to do this year? Recruits? chances? Coach?

Ultima is hoping to improve on last year hot dog. pat mahon is still the coach and have a few recruits but have also lost a couple of players. i suppose nobody knows what anyone is going to be like this year with the huge influx of players into the league but hopefully the league will be a lot more even and improve as a whole

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who will finish top 4? Wandella, Murrabit, Nully, Ultima
Most Goals? Bedgy
League B&F? Andrew May
Biggest Improver? Wakool, Ultima
Slide down the ladder? Macorna
Wooden spoon? Hay

How is murribit going to go this year? I know it is early but they looked very ordinary the other night. Big billy mac didn't look like he wanted to be out there. Quamby seemed to look alot better than they have for a while the other night against nulli, but nulli looked to be strong again. Big reece poyner looked to be a good inclusion along with his brother josh. Who was the large bloke that hit the deck in that game? Never good to see someone go down like that right at the start of the season after all that pre-season training, not that he looked like he had done a lot!

That was big Ralphy Pollington, not as serious as it first may have looked. No major damage done and he will be around for round 1.

Who will finish top 4?
Win the flag?
Most Goals?
League B&F?
Biggest Improvers?
Slide down the ladder?
Wooden spoon?

Who will finish top 4? Quambatook, Nullawil, Ultima, Hay
Win the flag? Quambatook
Most Goals? Vincent Proud
League B&F? Scott Dehne follwed by Michael Coleman
Slide down the ladder? Murrabit
Wooden spoon? Wandella

Breaking News!!!
Tony Modra has signed a lucrative one year contract with Wakool and just sneaks into the Wakool F.C's salary cap. If all goes well Modra will sign a 5 year contract and finish his career a hawk.

Any other major signings or news around the GRFL?

Breaking News!!!
Tony Modra has signed a lucrative one year contract with Wakool and just sneaks into the Wakool F.C's salary cap. If all goes well Modra will sign a 5 year contract and finish his career a hawk.

yeh heard of a good source that this was nearly a done deal...tony got offered a job on a farm up there and is a big chance of taking them up on the offer...dont no how modra will like playing in the pocket after lee solar kicked 6 in a praccy match and made the square his own...also bad news for wakool on the weekend was coach locky gleeson unable to play the last half against moula on the weekend due to severe blisters caused by his nice new yellow boots...lets just hope for wakools sake he gets up by round 1

Breaking News!!!

Just watch, our ill informed journalist friend will splash this all over the back page of Friday's edition.
While I have got your attention Ben, if you think anything written on here is newsworthy you're kidding yourself. And to suggest that because someone's user name is "Quambatook" that they must be from Quambatook is equally naive. Your ignorance in this instance is worthy of an apology to the club. Wont hold my breath though.

Just watch, our ill informed journalist friend will splash this all over the back page of Friday's edition.
While I have got your attention Ben, if you think anything written on here is newsworthy you're kidding yourself. And to suggest that because someone's user name is "Quambatook" that they must be from Quambatook is equally naive. Your ignorance in this instance is worthy of an apology to the club. Wont hold my breath though.

Gee your late weighing into this one Snibs

Nackas, i had a read of the Northern Times this morning and found it sub standard that a throw away post off Big Footy can get an entire back page.

I would have thought Ben Carter may have had something else up his sleeve to write about other than posts on Big Footy that have no credibility. Come on Ben, your better than that.

As if that post having Wakool going to Riverina had any truth to it. I guess it got the club (Wakool) some sought of publicity, even if it wasnt in the best light possible. To print the posts on the back page of the Northern Times was way out of line and totally unnecessary for 2 reasons.

1- Wakool, just as every club in the GRFL is, are doing everything possible to get a competative team out onto the ground and any bad press is certainly not needed.

2- User name of the person posting that totally unbelievable post, went by the name of Quambatook, suggesting that Quambatook FC may have set up Wakool FC with this outlandish post.

Anyone who reads GRFL thread wouldnt/didnt believe the post for one micro second yet it gets a gig on the back page. As ive stated, Ben your better than that, dig deeper mate and get some 'real' footy news in the paper.

Snibs, i thought it was ordinary form to say the least, as i've posted previously. The general man/women on the street that doesn't get on bigfooty would have thought Quambatook FC was stitching up the Wakool FC.

Roota assured me that posts off big footy have been printed in the news paper before, verbatim, but i still cant believe that. Below par journalism.

Heard some news today that Wandella has organised a practice match during the day against Kerang on Good Friday. Should be a good match if all goes to plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back