Golden Rivers FL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry Chopper69 but hay doesnt have a chance to play finals this year.
But if has commited to the hay football club for 2009 his should stay and see the year out. Not bail because they wont play finals.
MORE TO FOOTY CLUBS THAN PLAYING FINALS! THERE JUST A BONUS.

By the seasons end, they will be closer than you think.

By the seasons end, they will be closer than you think.

I think they would have improved a bit on last year but i would still have these sides ahead of them at this stage.
Wandella
Nulliwal
Macorna
Murrabit
Moulamein
Ultima
Hay/Quambatook-on a par
Wakool

The comp seems alot more even, but i think it will be the same old foes contending for the cup.

I think they would have improved a bit on last year but i would still have these sides ahead of them at this stage.
Wandella
Nulliwal
Macorna
Murrabit
Moulamein
Ultima
Hay/Quambatook-on a par
Wakool

The comp seems alot more even, but i think it will be the same old foes contending for the cup.

think you will find there are only three teams ahead of them at this stage

Wandella
Murrabit
Nullawil
Hay
Macorna
Moulamein
Ultima
Quambatook
Wakool

Great game of footy at Murrabit, wasn't just one bad decision, you don't want to get on here and bag umpires but sometimes it needs to be done. I heard a few Murrabit re-union men saying that it would have been a great last quarter if someone just put the whistle away. Bad decisions from both central and goal umpires in the last quarter only included:
- 5 mins in, Josh Dwyer kicks a goal, goal ump runs out to Central ump then gives it a point :thumbsdown:
- Murrabit get a down field that should have been in the goal square, Frantz more interested in yelling at Nully player than watching the ball, result sees Nats Henry's left foot snap hit the post. Frantz had no idea what was going on because he was chasing an argument.
- With 2 minutes to go Andy Ryan gets paid a push in the back right on the 50m, Dain Hayes marks and kicks it down to the wing. Frantz doesn't pay a 50m penalty, which certainly should have been.
- Jason Hewitt snaps a goal from 25m out with around 30 secs to go to put Nully in front, goal ump gives it a point and its game over, Murrabit win.
And these mistakes were just a couple of big ones picked out in the last quarter.

Love seeing you blokes take the p**s out of the umpires. There are many positions open in this area, but you are too weak to don an orange shirt on Saturdays and have a bloody go yourselves. How many retired footballers out there who have been umpiring all their footy careers, have the guts to front up on the other side now. Let me tell you, NONE. You blokes will have something to whinge about when the current batch have to pull the pin because of the age factor, and senior games are umpired by clubbies. Training tuesday and thursday nights at the Kerang High School, will save a spot for you but won't need it I can assume.

Love seeing you blokes take the p**s out of the umpires. There are many positions open in this area, but you are too weak to don an orange shirt on Saturdays and have a bloody go yourselves. How many retired footballers out there who have been umpiring all their footy careers, have the guts to front up on the other side now. Let me tell you, NONE. You blokes will have something to whinge about when the current batch have to pull the pin because of the age factor, and senior games are umpired by clubbies. Training tuesday and thursday nights at the Kerang High School, will save a spot for you but won't need it I can assume.

I agree with some of what you are saying Circle. More of us players should take up umpiring when we finish and we definitely should probably treat them better when we are on the field. However there are some umpires and i stress the word SOME, who contribute a fair bit towards what they cop by throwing in smart arse comments and back chatting palyers during games which only leads to more shit.

I think more umpires should take a leaf out of Boots O'Connors book of umpiring. Just gets out there pays what he see's as he see's it and if someone has a crack at him he laughs and gets on with it.

I agree with some of what you are saying Circle. More of us players should take up umpiring when we finish and we definitely should probably treat them better when we are on the field. However there are some umpires and i stress the word SOME, who contribute a fair bit towards what they cop by throwing in smart arse comments and back chatting palyers during games which only leads to more shit.

I think more umpires should take a leaf out of Boots O'Connors book of umpiring. Just gets out there pays what he see's as he see's it and if someone has a crack at him he laughs and gets on with it.

gold!

Do u know why these 'retired footballers' haven't donned the orange? They have given 110% towards their local clubs who struggle, pulling on the boots week in week out to fight for the club survival and overall wrecking their bodies in order to keep their respective clubs alive!!! The only reason they aren't playing is because they're body is not up to it! What makes u think that they're capable of becoming umpires???

Do u know why these 'retired footballers' haven't donned the orange? They have given 110% towards their local clubs who struggle, pulling on the boots week in week out to fight for the club survival and overall wrecking their bodies in order to keep their respective clubs alive!!! The only reason they aren't playing is because they're body is not up to it! What makes u think that they're capable of becoming umpires???

Not much thought put in there Nackas, Just where do you think umpires come from? Born under sherrin's!! They are ALL retired footballers that have played there hearts out too, for there respective clubs, and have managed put something back into the game. Umpire shortage will be the thing that cripples bush footy,step up boys, just by recruiting 4 centrals, that will sure things up for the next 6 years. Roota, you are on the money.

Not much thought put in there Nackas, Just where do you think umpires come from? Born under sherrin's!! They are ALL retired footballers that have played there hearts out too, for there respective clubs, and have managed put something back into the game. Umpire shortage will be the thing that cripples bush footy,step up boys, just by recruiting 4 centrals, that will sure things up for the next 6 years. Roota, you are on the money.

I think you will find Nackas replied to this quote from Centre Circle mate, maybe you should reply to him as well... "How many retired footballers out there who have been umpiring all their footy careers, have the guts to front up on the other side now. Let me tell you, NONE."

Anyway lets forget about umpires from now on and talk some footy. It's about that time of year when a few predictions can be made. I haven't thought much yet, Lets have a go:

Grand Finalists:

Premiers:

League Medal:

Leading Goalkicker:

Rookie:

Top 4:

Should we add anything else??

Grand Finalists:
Null V's Ultima

Premiers:
Ultima:D
League Medal:
Metro by a mile

Leading Goalkicker:
Nathan Henry

Rookie:
Kyle Symons

Top 4:
Wandella
Nully
Murrabit
Ultima

Grand Finalists: Nully vs Wandella

League Medal: Scott Mathiske/Nigel Dedini

Leading Goalkicker: Nathan Henry with around 80.

Rookie: Daniel Zambon

Top 4: Wandella
Nullawil
Murrabit
Macorna

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grand Finalists: Nully vs Wandella

League Medal: Scott Mathiske/Nigel Dedini

Leading Goalkicker: Nathan Henry with around 80.

Rookie: Daniel Zambon

Nullawil
Murrabit
Macorna

Grand Finalists: Wandella Vs Murrabit

Premiers: Wandella

League Medal: Metro

Leading Goalkicker: Nats Henry

Rookie: one of the wandella boys..
Jay McDonald or the Robinson lads

Murrabit
Nullawil
Macorna

Grand Finalists: Wandella Vs Murrabit

Premiers: Wandella

League Medal: Metro

Leading Goalkicker: Nats Henry

Rookie: one of the wandella boys..
Jay McDonald or the Robinson lads

Murrabit
Nullawil
Macorna

Grand Finalist: Wandella v Nullawil

Premiers: Nullawil

League Best and Fairest: Scott Mathiske

Goal Kicking: Big Nats Henry on 87

Rookie of the Year: Jay McDonald

Top 4
Wandella
Nullawil
Murrabit
Hay

Do we need a reserves insight? Looks like Nully should make it 4 in a row!!!

Grand Finalist: Nully v Murrabit

Premiers: Murrabit

League B & F: Metro

Gold Kicking: Nathan Henry 78

Rookie of the Year: no idea to be honest

Top 4:
Nully
Murrabit
Wandella
Macorna

premiers: Ultima

league medal: Vinnie Proud

goals: nats henry 85

rookie: dunno but hopefully not jay mcdonald. Shaun Ritchie a massive chance

top 4: ultima
wandella
murrabit
nulliwill

premiers: Quambatook

league medal: dusty duggan or myself

goals: matt hind 99

rookie: grizzer from moula

top 4: wandella
murrabit
nulliwill
quamby

sounds like ### got something against the kid??
yeah he's the biggest nob goin round the golden rivers league whisperer obviously ### have not played footy with him or associated with him cos hes a dik his ego is bigger then the hill out at wandella.

yeah he's the biggest nob goin round the golden rivers league whisperer obviously ### have not played footy with him or associated with him cos hes a dik his ego is bigger then the hill out at wandella.

and you have played with him??
i actually do the know the kid and from what i have heard he still wants to play thirds footy instead of giving it up for senior football, doesnt seem to cocky to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back