Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nully should be up there this year. i would even place them in the top 2 with a few quite improvers around the club. things are looking better than expected around there i've heard. Wakool however is the team to beat once again. Nully will be the x factor though. if they get beaten it will be them. Tipping a grand final rematch in 2007.

Messenger, I don't know how you can say that Wandella will weaken after last years effort. With recruits coming into the club, we can only get stronger. The main loss to date is Dicko. Maybe a few retirements, yes, but that opens a door of opportunity for someone to better themselves. The main spot where we may suffer is in the ruck. No immediate solutions there unless we recruit a ruckman. Then again we do have a fairly handy on-ball unit who were used to sharking the taps of opposition ruckmen.

Not trying to cyber-bash you, TM but just thinking out loud.

Messenger, I don't know how you can say that Wandella will weaken after last years effort. With recruits coming into the club, we can only get stronger. The main loss to date is Dicko. Maybe a few retirements, yes, but that opens a door of opportunity for someone to better themselves. The main spot where we may suffer is in the ruck. No immediate solutions there unless we recruit a ruckman. Then again we do have a fairly handy on-ball unit who were used to sharking the taps of opposition ruckmen.

Not trying to cyber-bash you, TM but just thinking out loud.

No offence taken this site is here so me can air our opinions, and that is exactly what they are our's, people don't have to agree. Pay, Laidlaw, Fulton and Howard are all good recuits but they are very similar type players. If you lose those big guys they will be hard to replace. I think one of Wandella's stregths has been there big men over the past few years and those 3 would put a big dint in the stocks. If Tim Robbo or Chum go down with injury you will be playing very small.

I disagree with a few there. Wakool is the team to beat. I think Hay and Ultima will be the big sliders. I think Quamby will improve but not that much. I think Macorna will improve, 2 weeks ago I would have said no but from reports there recruiting is starting to pick up. I don't think Murrabit will be as strong, they will still be top 4 but losing the 2 Hutchy's and Flemming is a bit of goal kicking grunt. Last year after Henry I think those 3 were the next highest, but I'm sure Hein and Hirst will pick up the slack. Moula will improve I hope and get off the bottom. Wandella will depend on a few retirements I think, if Spider, Fish and Stewy don't play it leaves a bit of a hole. Nully I don't know, Smithy is a huge pick up but Hogan and Bode are huge losses, they'll still be there abouts.

My Prediction:

Wakool
Murrabit
Nully
Macorna
Wandella
Quamby
Ultima
Hay
Moula

I think any of Wandella, Macorna or Quamby could finish in any order around the 4, 5 or 6 mark. I think that is where the interest will be this year. A lot will come down to injuries as in every other year if teams lose key players there won't be much between 1st and last.

hey there i pretty much agree with most of what you have said messenger...if those wandella guys do retire they will struggle with loosing ruck and dicko roving positions hard to fill. "chubby" fulton handy player and will fit in well but "goose" howard reckons he will be lucky to play a hand full of games and no choco not many other recruits at this stage worth mentioning....With Harvey playing in W.A. "or so they say" i realy dont believe they are the team to beat...big call but no harvey they wont win back-to-back...i did watch murrabit play lalbert last nite and thout they realy looked good with still plenty of recruits to come back..they are definitely in my top 2 with nully...Macorna would need to get most of there recruits to be a top 4 force and i heard quamby looked gd but they did only play nyah..but pretty much agree with your prediction..

I disagree with a few there. Wakool is the team to beat. I think Hay and Ultima will be the big sliders. I think Quamby will improve but not that much. I think Macorna will improve, 2 weeks ago I would have said no but from reports there recruiting is starting to pick up. I don't think Murrabit will be as strong, they will still be top 4 but losing the 2 Hutchy's and Flemming is a bit of goal kicking grunt. Last year after Henry I think those 3 were the next highest, but I'm sure Hein and Hirst will pick up the slack. Moula will improve I hope and get off the bottom. Wandella will depend on a few retirements I think, if Spider, Fish and Stewy don't play it leaves a bit of a hole. Nully I don't know, Smithy is a huge pick up but Hogan and Bode are huge losses, they'll still be there abouts.

My Prediction:

Wakool
Murrabit
Nully
Macorna
Wandella
Quamby
Ultima
Hay
Moula

I think any of Wandella, Macorna or Quamby could finish in any order around the 4, 5 or 6 mark. I think that is where the interest will be this year. A lot will come down to injuries as in every other year if teams lose key players there won't be much between 1st and last.

who hav macorna recruited for u to put them up 2 4th position? ben cousin's maybe? i'm sure he'd be able to 'clear' his head out there

My Prediction:

Wakool
Murrabit
Nully
Macorna
Wandella
Quamby
Ultima
Hay
Moula

Sorry to pick apart your post Messenger, but anyway...
a) If Murrabit won't improve, why have you slotted them in no. 2?
b) Macorna 4th... what? Have they picked up a 3 carloads of guns. I remember about this time last year macorna were saying the same thing.
c) There is a big difference from 1st to last, regardless of injuries.

now my turn, pick if you wish. Based on facts ie: clearances

Wakool*
Murrabit
Wandella
Nullawil
Quambatook
Ultima
Moulamein
Macorna
Hay

*judgement reserved on wakool. No action on the transfer lists and we are only three weeks away from r1. Could slide in a big way yet.

b) Macorna 4th... what? Have they picked up a 3 carloads of guns. I remember about this time last year macorna were saying the same thing.

Wakool*
Murrabit
Wandella
Nullawil
Quambatook
Ultima
Moulamein
Macorna
Hay

*judgement reserved on wakool. No action on the transfer lists and we are only three weeks away from r1. Could slide in a big way yet.

murrabit may have lost 3 players but have picked up some quality as well. have to remember josh brey will be back and firing this year and that will be a huge boost to the boys as he is as good as any team in the league. leigh millard and blair monk will have learnt alot form last year and should play a big part in the team success this year. in my opinion thinks seem to be looking good for the blue boys this year.

also no offence to macorna, but from what i saw last year they have alot of improving to do. they may have picked up a few this year n should win more games but cant see them in the top 4. hopefully for them though they're starting to turn the corner for some success in years to come.

my prediction:

murrabit
nully
wakool
wandella
quamby
macorna
ultima
moula
hay

Johnathon Hay isn't buying that house in Murrabit Arron Hamill just brought it so i heard.

He sure has, he went in shares with Shane Warne. So look out when Warney lines up with the blues, he was a handy player as a youngster.
He will only play a few games at the end of the season, once the county season is over. May also roll the arm over in the NDCA too!

murrabit may have lost 3 players but have picked up some quality as well. have to remember josh brey will be back and firing this year and that will be a huge boost to the boys as he is as good as any team in the league. leigh millard and blair monk will have learnt alot form last year and should play a big part in the team success this year. in my opinion thinks seem to be looking good for the blue boys this year.

also no offence to macorna, but from what i saw last year they have alot of improving to do. they may have picked up a few this year n should win more games but cant see them in the top 4. hopefully for them though they're starting to turn the corner for some success in years to come.

Huge hypes going around Blair Monk and Leigh Millard here. Leigh is a good footballer, but has he bulked up over the pre season?? When you talk Blair up dont forget what happend to Lachy? In juniors was supposed 2 b the next best thing yet is now playin 2nds for Murrabit?

Bit of a Ladder prediction all the same

Wakool
Murrabit
Nully
Wandella
Hay
Quamby
Ultima
Macorna
Moula (Sorry Conrad!!!!!)

stiff to have moula on the bottom they have picked up a few... anyways we will have to wait and see. A few good signs in last nights practice match at wakool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stiff to have moula on the bottom they have picked up a few... anyways we will have to wait and see. A few good signs in last nights practice match at wakool.

Yeah look I wanted to pump them up the ladder a bit, but just cant bring myself to do it! Will give them an incentive to prove me wrong!! Good signs @ the Wakool Praccy?? Harvey inflicted signs by any chance?

Huge hypes going around Blair Monk and Leigh Millard here. Leigh is a good footballer, but has he bulked up over the pre season?? When you talk Blair up dont forget what happend to Lachy? In juniors was supposed 2 b the next best thing yet is now playin 2nds for Murrabit?

I wouldn't say huge hype, I think you will find that they are getting talked about because it was asked if there was any up and comming talent.

Firstly you don't have to have big guns to play football.
Secondly, Blair isn't Lachy.

They were put forward for discussion and have been discussed, haven't heard from any other clubs??

No need to apologies pick away. With Murrabit I don't think they will improve but I think others may slip a little more than they will. I think things in the league may even up a little but Murrabit will still be at the top end.

As for Macorna I did say they could finish anywhere from 4th to 6th, going off current clearances I agree there is nothing earth shattering coming in yet. I was talking to the coach out there the other day and he happened to mention a few names they were hopeful of signing and they were very good names. So we will just need to wait and see.

As for injuries not making a difference I think they make a huge difference GRFL clubs aren't renouned for there depth and I think if Wakool lost Harvey, Whelan and Pollock to injury they might be back with the feild. Same as if Murrabit lost Henry, Hein and Morton or Nully lost Smith, Hewitt and Parker all key players and very hard for teams to cover.

Like I said feel free to disagree that's what it's all about.

I rekon moula will go alrite this year. Will have to go better than last year at least with all the recruits they have gotten. How did they go in the practice match??

was that practice match close?
played 3 quaters and moulamein won by 5 goals... was bout 8-9 goals after the 2nd quater. Caldwell boys played well as did some of moulas recruits. jay laursen did some good things for wakool. both sides have plenty to come back in so not to much to judge on....

Have heard that Damien Fogarty has transferred to Moulamein from Kerang, was a fringe player at Kerang, very hard at it wondering if he will see any action in Moulameins seniors?

Have heard that Damien Fogarty has transferred to Moulamein from Kerang, was a fringe player at Kerang, very hard at it wondering if he will see any action in Moulameins seniors?
After seeing moula the last few years, he would have to be a pretty average footballer if he couldn't break into the seniors.

How are Wandella shaping up this year don't know alot about them but they are coming to Bendigo on Saturday to play against Loddon Valley League side YCW. just wondering how they will go?

How are Wandella shaping up this year don't know alot about them but they are coming to Bendigo on Saturday to play against Loddon Valley League side YCW. just wondering how they will go?

What ground are they playing that at, just that a few of the grounds down there are pretty average with the lack of water and all that jazz.

Also, havnt seen meehan about for a while, someone must have got under his skin and put him in his place when he was making the bs claim about the young wakool guys leaving for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back