Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely said:
Thorpe and Harvey 21 goals b/w them. Day out i imagine???

Harvey set the game up, was far too slippery for the several defenders that played on him for the day. Thorpe, was very well held by young Lee Bull until the last qtr when pure supply gave Thorpe easy opportunities and allowed him to kick 5 l reckon.

jimmyboy said:
Silly arguement happydays, every other league in australia at some stage would have a home ground team play of fin a grand final. Its like saying play the AFL Grandfinal in Sydney so Melbourne dont have a home ground advantage over Adelaide (example). Money is the sole reason for the game being played in Kerang. I play for Ultima and agree that our grand final should be played at Murrabit.

Fair point Jimbob but we're not talking AFL here simply GR and a matter of Kms. I do remember a GF being taken away from Murrabit in the mid 90's for the sole reason of home ground advantage, and they hadn't even won one for a while in those days, played at Wandella from memory. I'm not saying this time around it's the sole reason but surely it must play a part. I am for a Murrabit G.F, thought the gate was pretty good but maybe the league knows better with the dirt road and all from S.H. Maybe Keith and Co. can put an explanation in the editorial of this weeks footy record, as it appears to be a little short for material over the last week or 2.;)

super snooper said:
Can anyone tell me how Leigh Scoullar went in his first game for Wakool? What type of player is he?
He was reasonably quiet, not much room in that forward line with Thorpe, Harvey and Smith. Scoullar took a couple of strong marks. Apparently first game for the year so should improve, he'd have to be 6'4" or 6'5".:thumbsu:

jimmyboy said:
He was reasonably quiet, not much room in that forward line with Thorpe, Harvey and Smith. Scoullar took a couple of strong marks. Apparently first game for the year so should improve, he'd have to be 6'4" or 6'5".:thumbsu:
Surely there isn't room for Thorpe (6'2), Smith (6'5), Pollock (6'6), and Scoullar in the forward half? Very big, but very slow. Smith and Pollock would be sweating a bit.

HappyDayz said:
Fair point Jimbob but we're not talking AFL here simply GR and a matter of Kms. I do remember a GF being taken away from Murrabit in the mid 90's for the sole reason of home ground advantage, and they hadn't even won one for a while in those days, played at Wandella from memory. I'm not saying this time around it's the sole reason but surely it must play a part. I am for a Murrabit G.F, thought the gate was pretty good but maybe the league knows better with the dirt road and all from S.H. Maybe Keith and Co. can put an explanation in the editorial of this weeks footy record, as it appears to be a little short for material over the last week or 2.;)

been following your post on cmfl and here and i got to tell you, your are not making much sence..
the goldern rivers have got it right.. great facilities, in kerang ( THe major town) no home ground advantage.. good oval.. good netball courts.. if the cmfl could do the same they would.... also bigger crowds, more central..

super snooper said:
Surely there isn't room for Thorpe (6'2), Smith (6'5), Pollock (6'6), and Scoullar in the forward half? Very big, but very slow. Smith and Pollock would be sweating a bit.
Smith still goes ok, Thorpe would be lucky to be pushing 5'10 and pollock doesnt venture into the forward line. Only my personel observations though.

iamfooty said:
It's an interesting one isn't it. I presume the league has some major sponsors over Kerang way. Mind you, if the league looked at it carefully, in terms of quality Hay has the best facilities in the league by a mile. Would say Murrabit's playing surface would be the best, but getting splinters in your ass isn't the greatest way to prepare for a grand final. Hay's set-up is like a modern Tyntynder ground -- they have even got a gym downstairs now.....government grants...gotta love em.......Just a pitty the place is too far away.

Hay and Murrabit both s h i t on Kerang's venue and would both easily hold as many people.....but I guess the gate takings the league has got over the past few years suggests there is no reason to change....I reckon the league would make more if Swan Hill hosted it. Two consecutive grand finals in two weeks (GRFL then CMFL) would attract plenty of following...

must say have 2 disagree with you on hay's facilities. made the long trip north only 2 b greeted by a cold shower at games end. unders were rushed throught the showers but nothing could stop the hot water from running out. could have used a snorkle on the ground as surface was anything but crash hot (in defence theres been sum good rains). good 2 c u hit the nail on the head bout the distance factor. looks like Kerang will still provide best venue for the flag; central for teams, good surface, no home advantage.

jimmyboy said:
Smith still goes ok, Thorpe would be lucky to be pushing 5'10 and pollock doesnt venture into the forward line. Only my personel observations though.
Thorpe is over 6' and if pollock doesn't play forward, where does he play, coz Graham does most the rucking?:confused:

super snooper said:
Thorpe is over 6' and if pollock doesn't play forward, where does he play, coz Graham does most the rucking?:confused:
graham didnt play on the weekend just gone so pollock played in the ruck all day. Dont know where pollock plays when graham is in. I dont follow them just getting my info from the weekends game.

Kelvin 69 said:
Yes, I know for a fact that that a certain club over the river offered him a s h i t load and knocked it back for a better offer at Ultima. Loves the cash.;)
Doesn't sound like the jason pickering i know. sure he's been a paid player in the past, but he went out to ultima this year to play with mates at no cost to the club. in actual fact he spends most weekends helping out on the new extensions at the club, and volunteers to work on the gate and in the bar most weeks. money means very little to young pickas, as shown on the weekend where he shouted the bar most the night at a little get together of mates. an absolute gem of a bloke. :thumbsu:

jimmyboy said:
graham didnt play on the weekend just gone so pollock played in the ruck all day. Dont know where pollock plays when graham is in. I dont follow them just getting my info from the weekends game.
cheers.:thumbsu:

jimmyboy said:

thats very interesting, why didn't he play on the weekend i wonder he may of thrown it in or just can't be bothered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ricky gervais said:
Doesn't sound like the jason pickering i know. sure he's been a paid player in the past, but he went out to ultima this year to play with mates at no cost to the club. in actual fact he spends most weekends helping out on the new extensions at the club, and volunteers to work on the gate and in the bar most weeks. money means very little to young pickas, as shown on the weekend where he shouted the bar most the night at a little get together of mates. an absolute gem of a bloke. :thumbsu:

Nah mate you must have the wrong bloke, the Jason Pickering I know is as tight as a fishes ring gear he wouldn't shout if a shark bit him.:D

Kelvin 69 said:
Nah mate you must have the wrong bloke, the Jason Pickering I know is as tight as a fishes ring gear he wouldn't shout if a shark bit him.:D

Big call he hasn't paid you for the work on his home yet. Might not either.

footy02 said:
been following your post on cmfl and here and i got to tell you, your are not making much sence..
the goldern rivers have got it right.. great facilities, in kerang ( THe major town) no home ground advantage.. good oval.. good netball courts.. if the cmfl could do the same they would.... also bigger crowds, more central..

You must be joking, you haven't been to many clubs in GRFL, Facilities at Kerang are not up to standard, No cover for spectators on footy or Netball. No atmosphere, Toilet always overflo, Canteen too small. All the promise of money from Kerang Business Council to play thr Grand Final In Kerang to increase over years, never happened, even decreased one year. And to iamfooty, get on bangwagon to get game away from Kerang, use your influence to get public opinion going on this subject. Wonder if VCFL major sponsor "Worksafe", called into Grand Final to see power cords, gas burners in tents, what would they say.

BigfellaH said:
You must be joking, you haven't been to many clubs in GRFL, Facilities at Kerang are not up to standard, No cover for spectators on footy or Netball. No atmosphere, Toilet always overflo, Canteen too small. All the promise of money from Kerang Business Council to play thr Grand Final In Kerang to increase over years, never happened, even decreased one year. And to iamfooty, get on bangwagon to get game away from Kerang, use your influence to get public opinion going on this subject. Wonder if VCFL major sponsor "Worksafe", called into Grand Final to see power cords, gas burners in tents, what would they say.
\
Have seen every club in the goldern rivers on many many occasions... let me guess... you want it at murrabit.... well for a bloke who is obviously keen on country footy, you are an kidding yourself.. answer the following questions and be honest.. and can other people not from murrabit do the same.. shoulud you all agree then so will i....
1. is their any home ground advantage what so ever at kerang?
2. Does any one give a **** about showers on grandfinal day? (More things to worry about) and easily fixed
3. with the money clubs are spending i would have thought they would have wanted big crowds and more money?
4. except hay, is it the most cenral location, in the biggest town..?
5. Is it not better than the old days at wandella.. (Top showers and facilities.. not)
6. Have murrabit won more flags since the gf is not played at home?
7.is murrabit the only alternate venue..
8. would the terrible road form swan hill affect crowds?
9. does anyone care about power cords and gas burners in tents in a world that is already over governed by ********s?
10. How could this be avoided at another ground???

footy02 said:
\
Have seen every club in the goldern rivers on many many occasions... let me guess... you want it at murrabit.... well for a bloke who is obviously keen on country footy, you are an kidding yourself.. answer the following questions and be honest.. and can other people not from murrabit do the same.. shoulud you all agree then so will i....
1. is their any home ground advantage what so ever at kerang? NO
2. Does any one give a **** about showers on grandfinal day? (More things to worry about) and easily fixed YES
3. with the money clubs are spending i would have thought they would have wanted big crowds and more money? YES
4. except hay, is it the most cenral location, in the biggest town..? YES
5. Is it not better than the old days at wandella.. (Top showers and facilities.. not) NO
6. Have murrabit won more flags since the gf is not played at home? YES
7.is murrabit the only alternate venue.. NO
8. would the terrible road form swan hill affect crowds? NO
9. does anyone care about power cords and gas burners in tents in a world that is already over governed by ********s? NO
10. How could this be avoided at another ground???
NOT SURE

These questions and answers don't change the fact that Kerang is a poor venue.

super snooper said:
NOT SURE

These questions and answers don't change the fact that Kerang is a poor venue.

I agree. Im a not a murrabit supporter and believe it should not be played in Kerang. The GRFL is one od the only leagues i know that plays it's grand final out side the league. Central Murray has no worries playing at the Swan Hill ground. Swan Hill has only won 1 out of it's last 6-7 grand final starts. ( i think it is close to that). So there goes your home crowd advantage. One big negative i believe is that during the year teams never get a chance to play at kerang. I know it is the same for both sides, but it would be a better situation if sides knew the ground they were about to play the most important game of the year on. Ideal world play the grand final at murrabit. If people are worried about a home ground advantage have an alternative ground for when Murrabit plays. If not play it at the Swan Hill or Tyntynder ground.

nogood said:
I agree. Im a not a murrabit supporter and believe it should not be played in Kerang. The GRFL is one od the only leagues i know that plays it's grand final out side the league. Central Murray has no worries playing at the Swan Hill ground. Swan Hill has only won 1 out of it's last 6-7 grand final starts. ( i think it is close to that). So there goes your home crowd advantage. One big negative i believe is that during the year teams never get a chance to play at kerang. I know it is the same for both sides, but it would be a better situation if sides knew the ground they were about to play the most important game of the year on. Ideal world play the grand final at murrabit. If people are worried about a home ground advantage have an alternative ground for when Murrabit plays. If not play it at the Swan Hill or Tyntynder ground.
As a Wakool player that has played finals on most grounds, I would have to say Quamby's ground is in the best condition come September, struggles during the cooler months but is superb during finals

September said:
As a Wakool player that has played finals on most grounds, I would have to say Quamby's ground is in the best condition come September, struggles during the cooler months but is superb during finals

Yes Quamby's ground is in great nick at present especially after having last weekend off, and there is lots of room for parking, tents and the like, but i imagine the facilities wouldn't be up to standard. But i guess you'll find that out this week Sept when you make the trip. Can you tell me if and when Harvey is due to play VCFL reps? Are you playing or sitting on the sidelines this weekend?

HappyDayz said:
Yes Quamby's ground is in great nick at present especially after having last weekend off, and there is lots of room for parking, tents and the like, but i imagine the facilities wouldn't be up to standard. But i guess you'll find that out this week Sept when you make the trip. Can you tell me when Harvey is due to play VCFL reps? Are you playing or sitting on the sidelines this weekend?

Quambys ground is in great condition. After having a great rainfall over the weekend it has only improved. The facilities are not up to standard by far! Fitting 21 players into the Visitors room is a joke and is really in need of an upgrade. My sources tell me that Harvey infact didnt make it 2 the final 22. Is the man injured or just wasnt dedicated??

September said:
you have obviously played finals in the 3rds. It has been a while since the Wakool seniors or reserves played finals. But do ageee Quamby have a good ground for finals. I remember watching Wandella and Nullawil play a 2nd semi there a couple of years ago. Spot on day and i think a gate of around $7000. Fairly central to kerang and Swan Hill. Change rooms are terrible but there is enough space to warm up outside if the weather permits.

facts_rite said:
My sources tell me that Harvey infact didnt make it 2 the final 22. Is the man injured or just wasnt dedicated??

Actually now that you mention it, i was chatting to a few Ultima guys Sat night over several pots and they mentioned he played mostly fwd pocket on sat and didn't play the whole game, which seemed unusual. So maybe he has something minor. Not that his opponents would feel any sympothy.

HappyDayz said:
Actually now that you mention it, i was chatting to a few Ultima guys Sat night over several pots and they mentioned he played mostly fwd pocket on sat and didn't play the whole game, which seemed unusual. So maybe he has something minor. Not that his opponents would feel any sympothy.
Yes harvs is carrying an injury at the moment and wil not fulfill state duties.
He will play this week, but in reply to you earlier post I will be absent for 1-2 weeks. Think a few guys have been a bit harsh on Quambys away rooms, from memory there not too bad, certainly not as bad as Wandella or Murrabit for that matter. Wandella's are an absolute disgrace and take me back to the days of playing out at Appin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back