Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If their is anyone from murrabit on here can you tell me this someone just mentioned this to me that the local murrabit boys such as, henry, bray and the heins do not play for money. is this true.:thumbsu: :thumbsu:
NO MONEY AT ALL I PLAY 4 THE LOVE OF THE GAME :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: BRAY

If we did play interleague, could you rely on guys like Harvey/Graham etc and whoever else is travelling from Melbourne to play? I think if we had our best 21 running around, then we would match up pretty well against most leagues. But if our top 5 or 6 aren't interested, there is a lot of polish that falls away

If we did play interleague, could you rely on guys like Harvey/Graham etc and whoever else is travelling from Melbourne to play? I think if we had our best 21 running around, then we would match up pretty well against most leagues. But if our top 5 or 6 aren't interested, there is a lot of polish that falls away

i dont think the league would need to rely on the blokes travelling from melb, im sure the players who are local or semi local could hold their own. You would only want blokes who wanted to play anyway. A grfl interleague side would do wonders for club relations if nothing else.

GRFL Bigfooty interleague squad:

b. MacTiger Tripod ironmonger
hb. Wally grout Nackas Footy Pie
c. Bernard Happy Days Catter
hf. Parrot FootyTripper TeeRotter
f. September Messenger Appin Vet
fol. Sauce head wannabe Beez neez Gastev
int. Big Sticks, Darryl Somers

there's enough room on the bench for one more... i'll go get my boots! :p

i dont think the league would need to rely on the blokes travelling from melb, im sure the players who are local or semi local could hold their own. You would only want blokes who wanted to play anyway. A grfl interleague side would do wonders for club relations if nothing else.

True. You would hope some of the higher profile players in the league (who aren't locals) would put their hand up for it. Would be great to play with Harvey (instead of chasing the buggers tail all day).

True. You would hope some of the higher profile players in the league (who aren't locals) would put their hand up for it. Would be great to play with Harvey (instead of chasing the buggers tail all day).

agreed, it would be great for everyone concerned to play with harvey, be good to have a couple of beers with him (and others involved) aswell

agreed, it would be great for everyone concerned to play with harvey, be good to have a couple of beers with him (and others involved) aswell

As was mentioned earlier, good for club relations too. I know teams are spread all over the shop, but other than a couple of bloke from Murrabit (who I played against in CMFL) and guys from Ultima, you never really have anything to do with the other players. I'd be putting my hand up for interleague for sure.

B: L. Maher S. Ettershank, M.Demaria
HB: J. Doyle, J Rooney, M Jackman
C: M. Bott, J. Logan, J. Laursen
HF: B Hein, A. Hewitt, K.Atkin
F: S Harvey, N. Henery, S. Korp
Fol: B. McIntyre S. Morton G. Smith
Inter: Free, Kennedy, Robinson, Condely, Caldwell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: L. Maher S. Ettershank, M.Demaria
HB: J. Doyle, J Rooney, M Jackman
C: M. Bott, J. Logan, J. Laursen
HF: B Hein, A. Hewitt, K.Atkin
F: S Harvey, N. Henery, S. Korp
Fol: B. McIntyre S. Morton G. Smith
Inter: Free, Kennedy, Robinson, Condely, Caldwell

where's full back legend wade humphreys

Murrabit v Nully - This is the biggest game of the round.. both teams have very different styles of play which makes for an exciting match up.
These two teams have set the bench mark for the rest of the league besides Nully letting there guard down against wandella and murrabit losing in a thriller against quamby in round 1.
The chip charge style of nully requires space and loose checking to work as i said last week i feel a more direct style is needed. I feel with murrabits hardness and bulk around the packs i think that they will close nully's run down and run home with a big win. GASTEV GOES Murrabit by 45pts.

Macorna v Hay - Well not much to say Macorna have stepped up a notch and will punish hay. GASTEV GOES Macorna by 147pts

Wandella v Quambatook - As i follow the swans i will be keeping a close eye on this one. Look Quamby have height and it is hard to go with them when big spearo is plucking them out of thin air, but if you just stick to your guns turn it into a scrap al la la Moulamein last week they will tire and the ball will be on the ground alot more and with wandellas hard corridor running i think they will put Quambatooks year to bed. GASTEV GOES Wandella by 22pts.

Moulamein v Ultima - haven't seen Ultima yet but they have quality players and benny mahons calves so F***IN LOOK OUT! Moulamein got a get out of jail free card last week but played a brilliant 2nd half. Our quick fringe players are the key, and must use the footy as we have so far this season.
GASTEV GOES Moulamein by 75pts

Wakool get a week off to try and rebuild there season alot of soul searching will be happening down in the land of the brown and gold. if there isn't bye bye back to back.

GASTEV GOES BANG!

Cracking weekend ahead i'm sure, here are my very tentative tips.

Blues by 9
Tigers by 56
Bombers by 8
Swans by 23

All the best to everyone this weekend.

Tips!
Murrabit by a handy 35 points with Henry booting 7!
Macorna by 72 points with big ***** getting afew along with maxy walker
Quamby in a nail biter with mcIntyre to dominate
Moula easily

Nulli by 23 points
Quamby to get up in a close one (they'd have to be pumped after last weeks loss??) that looks might it might be a bit wet...
Macorna to win easy
Moulamein to continue in winning form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back