Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any other towns around Hay that play Aussie Rules and has less travelling? You have to remember that Hay has many sports such as the two Rugby codes and soccer! Parents aren't prepared to do so much travelling therefore lure their children into playing these sports? Dunno is just a thort???

would they lose many players to deniliquin area for footy if they are going to be good players. seems everyone from hay moves to wagga, deni or griffith once they have had enough for hay.

would they lose many players to deniliquin area for footy if they are going to be good players. seems everyone from hay moves to wagga, deni or griffith once they have had enough for hay.

Yeah it seems their juniors do dissappear but I'm not sure where to, guess having bigger regional centres around there like Wagga and Griffith and the money their footy clubs through around would be a good incentive for the young blokes who can get a kick to go out and have a look. Puts Hay in between a rock and a hard place though. Do they tend to by many players in or rely on local stocks? Who are some of the guns they have or had up there?

moula are kiddy themselves in regrades 2 john dunnstone, he promises the world but never comes through with the goods.. done the dirty on hay n best mate livin with, money talks louder then mateship n your word..all the best moula, hope u no what your gettin in in2..

owes Hays casuse every year tells them his comin, calls his so called mates organising Hays next flag winner side, but all this is just to flatter his ego..

Yeah it seems their juniors do dissappear but I'm not sure where to, guess having bigger regional centres around there like Wagga and Griffith and the money their footy clubs through around would be a good incentive for the young blokes who can get a kick to go out and have a look. Puts Hay in between a rock and a hard place though. Do they tend to by many players in or rely on local stocks? Who are some of the guns they have or had up there?

I think you know more than you are letting on about your beloved lions.

rob fisher junior is coaching wakool. also heard of a kerang player that trained tuesday night that mick bott and travis smith are definates at kerang

Just after a bit of info on David Thompson from Wakool. Age/Height/Weight/Position etc. Anything would be great. Cheers.

Thought that we had a chance of recruiting David to the Avoca Football club last season. Trained with us and looked a very classy footballer. The Wakool club made an offer to David to stay which blew Avoca's offer out of the water. End of story.

rob fisher junior is coaching wakool. also heard of a kerang player that trained tuesday night that mick bott and travis smith are definates at kerang

how many games is young fish going to play before he breaks down, and is his old man going to follow?. Good to mick and trav having a crack, would be good to see them both do well in the big league.

Young Fish will need a big pre season to be fit to go come round 1, saw him the other day and it looked like he had eaten Gary Rose. :D He's carrying a little bit. It sounds like Thommo could be headed for Heathcote, does anyone know if Jason Carroll is playing for Wakool again.

Righto - Extremely early tip for the way sides will end up at the end of this season.

1 - MURRABIT (should win it again with the players they have)
2 - NULLAWIL (Surprise packet i reckon)
3 - WANDELLA (Should be top 3)
4 - QAMBATOOK (Many will pick them in the bottom 4 - have the players to be a top 4 side if they put their minds to it)
5 - MOULAMEIN (will be there abouts but with a straight swap of locals and Geelong players can't see them getting in the top 4. If they had the Geelong blokes again I would have them on top)
6 - MACORNA (Have put them 6th but am worried about them, could have me looking silly as another team I think can push for finals if they're minds are right every game)
7 - WAKOOL (Bye. bye Wakool, without the Melbourne blokes they don't have enough quality players to push for the finals)
8 - ULTIMA (No coach?? club is in serious trouble of players losing interest)
9 - HAY (In the rebuilding phase and should be competitive in some games but can't see them winning any more than 2)

I can see a lot of Moula people being unhappy about the position I have them finishing but I can't see them making finals when they just replace good players with good players. That's if the Geelong blokes aren't playing. If they are I'll put them top 2. Wakool is in a similar boat. Nulli in the top 2 I can see some flack coming there to. But, it's just me trying to pick the ladder now with who I think is playing and isn't playing.

Righto. Swap Moula and Nuli around. I've heard a few of the boys from Geelong are back playing and are signing papers within the week. Could even have them top after reading about the signings they have for this yr. Where do they get their moula ($$$) from. Couldn't say the boys from Geelong would come all that way for nothing & a player coach wouldn't be playing for nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COME TO WILSTON GRANGE!! - POSITIONS VACANT for
Local, QLD or Interstate Players!! - Move to sunny Brisbane!!! Jobs, housing assistance and $$$ available!!!!!!!!!
Just send me a private message with your contact details

Righto. Swap Moula and Nuli around. I've heard a few of the boys from Geelong are back playing and are signing papers within the week. Could even have them top after reading about the signings they have for this yr. Where do they get their moula ($$$) from. Couldn't say the boys from Geelong would come all that way for nothing & a player coach wouldn't be playing for nothing.

lets just hope they don't go down the same path as two other clubs in the region that spent too much.

I'd say we will have to wait and see if any of Moula's recruits from Balranald get cleared. Apparently due to Balranalds situation it is going to be extremely hard to get any clearances out of there

Was the same with Lalbert last year though, but you and others got cleared with out too many dramas.

That is a good point, but Lalbert was a slightly different situation. Lalbert didn't really try to hold any of us back. I am sure if they wanted to they could have made it very tough for a few of us, especially those going to clubs in the CMFL or leagues in the area.

I'd say we will have to wait and see if any of Moula's recruits from Balranald get cleared. Apparently due to Balranalds situation it is going to be extremely hard to get any clearances out of there

If Balranald match Moula's $$$ then it could be hard getting clearances approved, but it Moula offer these guys more than they get offered at the Roos they can't be refused. It would be a restriction of trade to with hold there clearance.

What I can see it doing is pushing the prices of these guys up which could put a bigger than expected strain on Moula's finances. Would be good to see Moula up near the pointy end this year.

If Balranald match Moula's $$$ then it could be hard getting clearances approved, but it Moula offer these guys more than they get offered at the Roos they can't be refused. It would be a restriction of trade to with hold there clearance.

What I can see it doing is pushing the prices of these guys up which could put a bigger than expected strain on Moula's finances. Would be good to see Moula up near the pointy end this year.

I don't think this will apply. I have heard that the VCFL may be getting involved which will mean that special conditions may apply so that Balranald can hang on to players so that they do not have to go into recess for the season

I don't think this will apply. I have heard that the VCFL may be getting involved which will mean that special conditions may apply so that Balranald can hang on to players so that they do not have to go into recess for the season

Going into recess, it is getting serious up there. That must be the worst run footy club in the country, to go from grand finalists to the brink of going under in less than 6 months is just appauling. I guess they didn't put anything away for a rainy day.

Young Fish will need a big pre season to be fit to go come round 1, saw him the other day and it looked like he had eaten Gary Rose. :D He's carrying a little bit. It sounds like Thommo could be headed for Heathcote, does anyone know if Jason Carroll is playing for Wakool again.
hahaha, what a classic Messenger! Absolute gold! What is Garry Rose doing these days! Still spewing on pubs floors and talking absolute rubbish! He should have a crack at a pre-season, although i don't know whether many clubs have a life insurance policy to cover what would likely to be his demise. Wasted talent that boy!

Going into recess, it is getting serious up there. That must be the worst run footy club in the country, to go from grand finalists to the brink of going under in less than 6 months is just appauling. I guess they didn't put anything away for a rainy day.[/quote
Don't worry about the Balranald crew. They have more money than you think and are just trying to make the local boys feel bad about leaving. They should have looked after them in the first place!

Going into recess, it is getting serious up there. That must be the worst run footy club in the country, to go from grand finalists to the brink of going under in less than 6 months is just appauling. I guess they didn't put anything away for a rainy day.[/quote
Don't worry about the Balranald crew. They have more money than you think and are just trying to make the local boys feel bad about leaving. They should have looked after them in the first place!

Shit form by Balranald if this is true, but i doubt it. I cannot blame the local boys going elsewhere after what has happened and the way the have been treated and i hope for Moula's sake they get them cleared because it is great the they have got them to the club

there is not much talk about the tigers at the monent, are picking up spaulding from cohuna, metro and a couple others along the way, also have got some classy youngster in the mix, have always been light on for hight and seem to have picked up some this year. maybe they could sneek under the radar of some clubs.
Not much talk on pick ups for murrabit, all other sides seem to be gaining players and there are not many names for the blues at the moment. some info would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back