By the way, my best Indigenous 22 (of players still playing):

B: Graham Johncock, Antoni Grover, David Wirrpanda
HB: Andrew McCleod, Michael Johnson, Aaron Davey
C: Chance Bateman, Leon Davis, Adam Goodes
HF: Andrew Lovett, Lance Franklin, Cyril Rioli
F: Eddie Betts, Daniel Motlop, Matt Campbell
R: Paddy Ryder, Shaun Burgoyne, Daniel Wells
INT: Mark Williams, Matthew Stokes, Peter Burgoyne, Roger Hayden

Excellent best 22 of current indigenous players! But i would i would still find a spot for ol' man O'Loughlin.

Only if Barry Cable was already a selector. I hardly saw Farmer, agreed Michael was magnificent but Cable was sublime.

I don't mind Goodes modesty in leaving himself out. We could fit him in.

Yes, quite ridiculous that Melbourne fans are getting their panties in a twist over Aaron Davey when such quality from WA missed out. Maybe Davey at the end of his career, but he would want to improve and play consistently well to match the reputation of Cable, Michael and Jim Krakouer for starters.

AFL Indigenous Team of the Century: 1904-2004

Backline: Chris JOHNSON, Darryl WHITE, Bill DEMPSEY
Half-Backs: Gavin WANGANEEN, Adam Goodes, Norm McDONALD
Centreline: Peter MATERA, Maurice Rioli, Michael LONG
Half-Forwards: Nicky WINMAR, Stephen MICHAEL, Syd JACKSON
Forward line: Jim KRAKOUER, Michael O'LOUGHLIN, Chris LEWIS
Rucks: Graham FARMER (captain), Barry CABLE (coach), Andrew McLEOD
Interchange: Michael McLEAN, Byron PICKETT, Michael GRAHAM, David KANTILLA, Ted KILMURRAY, Peter BURGOYNE
Umpire: Glenn JAMES

i remember that winmar bloke was very very handy.

Goodesy should have stuck to current players.

Some of the obvious omissions of past greats, Winmar, Dempsey, Michael etc just tells me he did it off the top of his head and has a pretty poor knowledge of past players.

Yes it's just his opinion, but it's one based a lot on naivety i think

Yes, quite ridiculous that Melbourne fans are getting their panties in a twist over Aaron Davey when such quality from WA missed out. Maybe Davey at the end of his career, but he would want to improve and play consistently well to match the reputation of Cable, Michael and Jim Krakouer for starters.

I quite like Davey but to compare him to Cable, Michael and to a lesser extent Jim Krakouer is not fair on him. Like comparng me to Ablett.

And then there was Bill Dempsy. Give me 10 minutes and Davey will not be a strapper.

Would be good if Goodes gave an indepth theory to how he picked his team. He may just have selecting a list of players that he likes to watch. After all it is his team and your opion may not count for anything.

In saying that im still a little comfused, 30% of the team could be replaced if it were to be done properly!

Even though he has had his problems and displayed a fairly large opinion of himself over the journey, Jeff Farmer back in his Melbourne days was unbelievable. One of the deadliest players going around and would carve a team apart in a matter of minutes. Surely he has to be in a forward pocket.

I have just worked out what this team is based on and i now think every player deserves their position in this team.

Im going to wait and see if someone else can work it out before i give it away....lol

I have just worked out what this team is based on and i now think every player deserves their position in this team.

Im going to wait and see if someone else can work it out before i give it away....lol

Premiership players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Syd Jackson, Maurice Rioli, Jim Krakour, Phil Krackour, Andrew Lovett, Leon Davis, Nicky Winmar, Aaron Davey and thats just a few odd the top of my head.

No problem with Chris Johnson but CHB ??????

Shannon Motlop ?????

Johnson and Abraham were far better than Lovett and Aaron Davey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodes - Best Indigenous 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back