Goodes - surely must go this time

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Adam Goodes offered a reprimand

If the players and or clubs are serious about the AFL taking to things too far and having a protected species, then the Bulldogs should go back to the tribunal, re-contest Murphy's charge and use the Goodes incident as justification. Murphy was practically in play, both players were standing and the hit to the head was minimal and gets weeks. Adam Goodes blatantly hits someone whilst they were down over the ball with his hip, has carry-over points and walks away.

Goodes and Murphy were both charged with Negligent actions. The difference was impact.

agreed.....these bumps should not be reportable.....the tribunal is all random....its pathetic

I think its reportable not suspendable - this imo is ideal for the use of the reprimand system let the players know leave the head alone but what you did wasn't that bad. And if you do it again you'll miss a week (not 3 or 4).

I think its reportable not suspendable - this imo is ideal for the use of the reprimand system let the players know leave the head alone but what you did wasn't that bad. And if you do it again you'll miss a week (not 3 or 4).

He had carry over points already... once again no suspension???

When the dust settles the silly gibbons that exaggerated the incident will realise the initial contact was simply to the shoulder.

All the other guys suspended were reckless and usually front on to the head.

Bump gone wrong...no damage done...accident...first contact to the shoulder making it obvious.

Simply negligent...normally just a free kick.

Summed it up pretty well.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway....

If you watch tape of the ump booking Goodes he clearly says "I was trying to get out of the way!". That little sideways flick was trying to avoid Selwood as he stumbled!

Everyone knows Goodesy doesn't lie!!!!

BUT

In the interests of consistency the MRP had to "throw the book at him" with same offence as Murphy except it was minimal (light ) contact!

See:)

in·side

Pronunciation Key - S[prep. in-sahyd]

1. on the inner side or part of; within: inside the circle; inside the envelope.

australia-map.gif

Care to explain how the ACT isn't "inside" NSW?

Do you have some knowledge of physical reality, or a new definition of "inside" that I am not aware of.

Do you have a new definition of Jervis Bay? Look it up - you will learn something new.

I don't believe the Pacific Ocean is inside anything else but planet 3 from the Sun.

Absolute joke, I can't believe some Sydney supporters are protecting him.

Not protecting him, deserved to be reported and he was.

The grading has been applied exactly the same as the Murphy and Burgoyne cases in that they were negligent and high contact. Difference was the level of impact which looks fair based on the results of the bumps.

DST
:D

Firstly - The incident was soft and should never have been reported. But for consistency reasons he probably should have gotten a couple of weeks.

However -This should be seen as a win for AFL fans, and that the game isnt becoming as soft as butter as a result of over officiating.

Besides - Stop hating Goodes and the Swans for it, we are not asking for preferential treatment, we have been lucky with the MRP and the Tribunal latley but anyone who believes some big conspiracy should get off the crack and stay out of roswell. We still get a raw deal from the umpires most weeks so maybe this is good Karma for us.

Finally - Lets hope the AFL and in particular the MRP is consitent from here on in.

Thanks "matey".

It was just as bad as the Bulldogs player got 2 weeks for last week (murphy I think).

How could you rate the level of impact the same as the Murphy bump?

The bloke was knocked out and had blood spilling from his head.

In all other respects the grading was the same.

DST

Hang on a minute. Didn't the Eagles player have his head over the ball?? Then you have Bob Murphy giving a shirt front, which correct me if I'm wrong is taught to players?? You'd also struggle to find a fairer player than Murph. Scratching my head.

I'll now sit back and view the Swanette fans defending Goodes and the system.

The dirty sniper has gotten away with it again.:thumbsdown:

Aren't we playing The 'Aints this week?

No wonder you're pissed!

Go up to the game in Sydney & tell him in face what you think of him.

Go on!

Or maybe you should ring the MRP as they are the experts on what should be done with such an incident.
They knew what to do with Barry Hall.
Wake up you idiot!
Goodes didn't even touch Selwoods head. Different vision closer to the front shows him pulling his head back after shoulder contact.

How was Selwood after Goodes hit his head with his hip & how were all the other players on the receiving end after similar incidents?

Can't recall any of them taking their kick!!

Wake up all you clowns!!

There is a system in place.
Plead guilty (even if you're not), and the system says you will get a discount.
Stupid........................this works for any AFL player. Not just Goodes!!

Anyone else wanna play??

How could you rate the level of impact the same as the Murphy bump?

The bloke was knocked out and had blood spilling from his head.

In all other respects the grading was the same.

DST
Still murphy should of got off. it was a fair bump.

That coke you are drinking... is it inside you - or inside you stomach? Semantics aside its the same place yes? (Please dont say no its on my monitor ;) )

Kind of getting somewhere but your missing the point.
You have 13 games where 95% of the crowd will be supporting the swans.
We have 10.

It is only partly to do with the AFL assisting struggling clubs. Why has the eagles always been knocked back for these games when we can offer better financial deals? Its got more to do with the AFL's push into NSW and QLD. Side effect is helping you out with a lopsided draw.

Put it another way. Would you prefer 2 derbies against Western Sydney and another 10 games against random interstate sides? Would i prefer 11 games against random teams then 2 games in Bunbury?

It's OK WCC - we'll happily play your mob over there again - good for fitness.

I cant say I've seen the incident, but what bigfooty has to remember, is that Goodes is a whole lot more valuable to the AFL than some bloke from other teams. Conspiracy or not, The AFL want Goodes to play.

Suck it in supporters of shit teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodes - surely must go this time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back