Goose bumps over the 1970 GF

Remove this Banner Ad

avid blue supporter

Senior List
Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
:) Just watched the Fox replay of the 1970 Grand Final. Gave me goose bumps to watch Carlton give it to the Filth again. Also brought back memories of being a National Serviceman on leave just before going to Vietnam and being in a Pub in Richmond drinking with some footy mates.

One particular bigmouthed Filth supporter was offering 10 to 1 Carlton at 1/2 time. Just to shut him up (and being fairly pissed at the time) I put a lazy $10 on the Blues to win. You should have seen his face at the end of the Game when I put my hand out for the $100 owing. I also don't remember much about the rest of the night but, boy did we party on!:p

Ahh, what wonderful memories of my beloved Blues and I get the feeling it will not be long before We are all celebrating Flag No. 17.

One final point, sitting watching the replay, I couldn't help noticing the armchair ride the Collingwood got off the Umpire (I reckon the free kicks at least to 5 to 2 in their favour) and they still couldn't win. I guess nothing changes.

Bring on 2008. :):)

:) Just watched the Fox replay of the 1970 Grand Final. Gave me goose bumps to watch Carlton give it to the Filth again. Also brought back memories of being a National Serviceman on leave just before going to Vietnam and being in a Pub in Richmond drinking with some footy mates.

One particular bigmouthed Filth supporter was offering 10 to 1 Carlton at 1/2 time. Just to shut him up (and being fairly pissed at the time) I put a lazy $10 on the Blues to win. You should have seen his face at the end of the Game when I put my hand out for the $100 owing. I also don't remember much about the rest of the night but, boy did we party on!:p

Ahh, what wonderful memories of my beloved Blues and I get the feeling it will not be long before We are all celebrating Flag No. 17.

One final point, sitting watching the replay, I couldn't help noticing the armchair ride the Collingwood got off the Umpire (I reckon the free kicks at least to 5 to 2 in their favour) and they still couldn't win. I guess nothing changes.

Bring on 2008. :):)
You can't be serious! I thought i'd broken the curse!

Whenever I buy a new DVD, it's always on TV within a week. I bought the 1970 DVD on Tuesday, and now it's on Fox!

But it was an excellent game. I don't understand what people are on about when they beleive the speed of the game has lifted tempo:).

You can't be serious! I thought i'd broken the curse!

Whenever I buy a new DVD, it's always on TV within a week. I bought the 1970 DVD on Tuesday, and now it's on Fox!

But it was an excellent game. I don't understand what people are on about when they beleive the speed of the game has lifted tempo:).
I'll have your dvd if you don't want it EB:)

Going to finish work after 13 hours of fun filled games, grab a cold 6 pack and enjoy the game. Will put an evil smile on my face for the rest of the week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Goose bumps over the 1970 GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back