Goulburn Valley FL - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if your clubs do stats and what your coaches look for? I have a keen interest in stats and am just curious what your club does in the way of stats? Does it play much of an importance at your club?

Pretty well summed up there brad, I reckon your match points on both sides of the ledger were spot on.

Whilst Bowen was terrific, I reckon Kahl Oliver really gave a good target for Rochy up forward and was very stiff not to have another goal in the third given to him. Scanlon was unbelievable all day for Seymour.

Yeah, Oliver was brilliant. Took about 15 marks and nearly every one of them contested.

What's the deal with Scanlon? Was he ever a chance to get drafted?

Whitsed wasnt that quiet was he????
I thought he was pretty serviceable, but mind you i'd had my fair share to drink on the outter that day and the game was played 2 months ago so my memory is a bit vaig

He was decent (as were the others), but a little quieter compared to throughout the year.

Anyways, it's all academic really. Everyone contributed on the day.

I can't wait for 2009. Rochy have had a great off-season, while teams like Mansfield and Tatura have picked up a few. Mooroopna and Seymour should still be up there.

so who's joining balraj singh at eaglehawk next season????

HAWKS SINGH FOR JOY
Bendigo Advertiser
6/12/2008 7:25:00 AM

ONE of country Victoria’s premier key forwards could be on the move to Bendigo Bank Bendigo Football-Netball League club Eaglehawk next season.

While Hawks coach Derrick Filo would not comment yesterday, The Advertiser understands Balraj Singh has expressed interest in joining the BFNL’s reigning premiers.

The Hawks are on the lookout for a new key forward, following grand final hero Matt Gretgrix’s departure to Charlton.

The well-travelled Singh is one of the VCFL’s most decorated forwards.

He kicked 82 goals for Goulburn Valley Football League club Kyabram this year to finish third on the powerful competition’s goalkicking table.

In 2007, Singh kicked 110 goals for Central Murray Football League runners-up Balrandald.

Luring a player of Singh’s calibre would certainly support Filo’s comments in The Advertiser last week: “The players we are talking to are outside the area and have played at a higher level of footy.”

Singh was drafted by the Adelaide Crows with pick 79 in the 1999 AFL national draft.

i am wondering if your clubs do stats and what your coaches look for? I have a keen interest in stats and am just curious what your club does in the way of stats? Does it play much of an importance at your club?

most clubs look at things like tackles inside 50, tackles, chases, handball recieves. Also things like marks inside fwd 50, marks/turn overs inside back 50, tap outs, and of course the most important, centre breaks and stoppages.

He was decent (as were the others), but a little quieter compared to throughout the year.

Anyways, it's all academic really. Everyone contributed on the day.

I can't wait for 2009. Rochy have had a great off-season, while teams like Mansfield and Tatura have picked up a few. Mooroopna and Seymour should still be up there.

Are you sure you have watched the DVD closely enough here Brad? Whitsed was terrible, was very lucky to get a game in my books as a couple of others should probably have taken his spot, hence why he has left Rochester now.

Are you sure you have watched the DVD closely enough here Brad? Whitsed was terrible, was very lucky to get a game in my books as a couple of others should probably have taken his spot, hence why he has left Rochester now.

agree, no idea on whether he should have got a game, but he looked well and truly past it in the GF.

Three big signings for the shepp bears to be annouced soon
Hi guys. Need a bit of info for a bloke named Sean Gamble. Played for shepp bears this year i think in the twos!!! What type of player is he etc. cheers guys

I am wondering if your clubs do stats and what your coaches look for? I have a keen interest in stats and am just curious what your club does in the way of stats? Does it play much of an importance at your club?
tatura does indivdual stats, kicks marks and handballs for each player.. and all thee tackles clearances ect, overall

has any1 heard if Adrian Meka has signed with the swans for 2009????

Played at the Swans a couple of years back after switching across from United. KDFL leading goal kicker this year (i think?) Played with Ardmona this year, is the nephew of Perry Meka (not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing) Looked to have pretty sure hands and a nice left foot kick at goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played at the Swans a couple of years back after switching across from United. KDFL leading goal kicker this year (i think?) Played with Ardmona this year, is the nephew of Perry Meka (not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing) Looked to have pretty sure hands and a nice left foot kick at goal.

You boys even ganna train this year Rat?? Or just pick a team and rock up on the saturday and go about your business......look an absolute moral next year. Can't say the same for Rochy United tho!

i think you'll find if Adem doesnt get picked up in the PSD, he'll be at the swans in 09 and so will Damian.

Was talking to his brother on the weekend. there was a couple of clubs mentioned that Adem and Damien will be playing at. Swans were never mentioned as one of those clubs.

Was talking to his brother on the weekend. there was a couple of clubs mentioned that Adem and Damien will be playing at. Swans were never mentioned as one of those clubs.

Heard on a radio interview on SEN this morning that Adem, if not drafted, is looking at playing at VFL level next year with an assistant coaching role while the body is still able but during the interview he did mention the possibility of playing at Shepp Swans.

Was listening to SEN on the internet this morning and they were interviewing Adem regarding putting his name in for the pre-season draft, Adem said he doesnt expect to get picked up again and it is just a process he always intended on going through , but intends on playing VFL to keep fit and would like to for more then just the one year to help out the younger guys, also expressed an interest in coaching.
He also spoke about the recruitment business he is involved in and said where ever he plays it wont be for money it will be more so to do with growing his business and he said quote if that is in the VFL or at the Shepp Swans, so there is the possiblity he may be back in the GV

(i must have wrote this at the same time as smoothgroover)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back